Game Day Rnd 5 - Carlton v Bulldogs Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah we can also put Jack in the ruck when MK needs a break
put literally anyone in. who's english's back up? when he needs a rest they'll probably throw wood or someone in. that's what football clubs that have a clue do. we're the only team in the league who insists in playing an immobile second ruckman every god damn week.

And that's fair because it's what his job is. I want to see him do even more and be a dangerous goal-kicking small forward because I think that's ultimate purpose of the position. Polson can't be faulted on his endeavour but he needs to improve his impact. Sometimes he does nice things but too often he makes a bad decision or doesn't quite execute right.

He has potential and just needs to get better. No problem with that until it's clear he isn't up to it, which it's way too early to determine at the moment.
We’ll know by round 23 if he’s at the level....I’m not optimistic tbh

And that's fair because it's what his job is. I want to see him do even more and be a dangerous goal-kicking small forward because I think that's ultimate purpose of the position. Polson can't be faulted on his endeavour but he needs to improve his impact. Sometimes he does nice things but too often he makes a bad decision or doesn't quite execute right.

He has potential and just needs to get better. No problem with that until it's clear he isn't up to it, which it's way too early to determine at the moment.

Front & centre for some classic roving would be nice to see (from anyone really). Clean skills off the break from the pack (again, anyone can apply to do this).

Shame about Chairle but he has been off the boil this year, let's just hope Casboult steps up.

Not confident but justifiably hopeful.

Kerr banging the door down surely comes in next week if Charlie doesn’t get up. Give him a rest for a bit I say.
Would have held him out and had him in this week now with Charlie out if they must play 3 tall forwards .
Kerr is a smart leader gets to good spots on the lead and presents .
I suspect with Charlie out we will continue to see us bombing long hope they are much more cohesive this week .
Get they want to have Cas as the backup ruck and keep McKay forward but for 15 minutes or so of relief ruck time think they are missing an opportunity to give Kerr a run .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he follows the same path in the end. It's different with Charlie though, seems to be whispers now and then about extra curricular activities.

Yes. Lots of unconfirmed rumours. We need a Robert Mueller to get to the bottom of it.

Seriously, he’s four years in the system and a forward who has shown incredible potential but whose body maybe not be 100%. This year could be a right off for him... I hope not... but it’s not the end of his career. Still plenty of years and games and goals left in Charlie.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cas hasn't really put a foot wrong when the ball has hit the ground this year. In fact he's nailed a few beautiful kicks around the ground and set up Sam Walsh's first goal with a very composed bit of play.

He's has his limitations and has been very poor in this area in the past, but you have to acknowledge when he's been ok.
i acknowledge that a midfielder would be able to do that and more. he has 7 turnovers from 19 possessions this year, hasn't kicked a goal this year and we've been dominated in the ruck regardless.

Not a great start. From our website..

LEVI Casboult will replace Charlie Curnow for today’s clash against the Bulldogs.

Curnow had a knock to his right knee at training on Thursday and experienced some soreness. As a result, the decision was made to withdraw Curnow for today’s game.

Levi...your job is to smash the packs and take contested marks.

That’s the job I had in mind too...stop his run and snag 1 or 2 and Polson wins the game for us, that’s how important that job is. But do we honestly think Beveridge is worried about Polson?

I don’t know. Probably doesn’t know his name. Don’t think it matters though. Polson is capable of doing the job.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was disinterested last week, phenomenal every week before that.

One disinterested player last week = cost us a win. We do have players go missing when we are expected to go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back