Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sunday April 21st 1.10PM @ Marvel - Final Team - Post #854

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton has backing high up....
his approach is similar to 2018

I would rather support a club that can at least be mid table....and not go for broke......i dont care if we dont win a flag in 5 yrs
i would like to see competitive football
now

Haven't we been competitive thus far, this season?

Haven't we been competitive thus far, this season?
79% percentage

this may slide lower ?

a lot of teams will allow 20-30 point win margin if we play 4 quarters.....Lions have done this past few years without many wins..tough and hard footy and we have started out similarly with chin up
We could beat dogs today.........if we bring A game.........if we actually have an A game?
Or if Dogs are way off today...but i doubt they could string together 4 bad quarters

We need Polson in vfl getting his skills together not in our 22 outs[O Brien,Gibbons,]

We need Lang,Willo,Doc,Setterfield,Kennedy,......back in asap

For those interested in modern coaching philosophy, there is a book called You Win in the Locker Room First. It’s an easy read, and it’s a good read. I know it has been fundamental at Richmond, and I’d guess it has played a role at Collingwood too. The prime message is that you focus on the process (building culture, communicating well, being consistent, etc.) and not the outcomes (wins and losses).

As a philosophy, I’m not suggesting that it has all the answers. But I think it does offer insights into what we are trying to build at Carlton. I think it explains much of what we are seeing this season, from the selection of youngsters in the guts at the expense of more senior players, through to the bbq’s at Bolts’ house and the driving of players to training.

For those of you interested, it might be worth trying to find a PDF version online.

So clearly the delivery of our mids?

Even if you remove Levi and add a small/medium forward, that unit is still learning to work together

I will say I think JSOS is a very smart player. Generally seems to find himself in the right position and makes good decisions by foot.

Casboult is in no way a smart footballer. But like that he can crunch a pack. :)

79% percentage

this may slide lower ?

a lot of teams will allow 20-30 point win margin if we play 4 quarters.....Lions have done this past few years without many wins..tough and hard footy and we have started out similarly with chin up
We could beat dogs today.........if we bring A game.........if we actually have an A game?
Or if Dogs are way off today...but i doubt they could string together 4 bad quarters

We need Polson in vfl getting his skills together not in our 22 outs[O Brien,Gibbons,]

We need Lang,Willo,Doc,Setterfield,Kennedy,......back in asap

How about we dissect the result, after the game

How about we dissect the result, after the game
We can take a look at the setup....

Back 6 are good....tick

midfield.....is hopeless[we only got Cripps and an 18 yr old firing]no Gibbs No Sheil......might as well set up a picnic table

forward 6 is a mess however on paper is pretty good, potentially sooner than later........it is capable of kicking 100 pts no worries

If Charlie is out, I'd rather a runner come in instead of Levi.

McKay can be backup ruck and Gov and JSOS our marking targets.

I'd favour a more mobile setup against the Dogs anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats John & Marc!

D4ole11UYAAgomB.jpg

looking at the team sheet now, if it stays this way then this is the best 22 we've ever had under brendan bolton. I mean we still have many players that can make it better, but right now there is not one single player there who is a liability at ground level. no rowe, no cas, no lobbe, no phillips for the first time ever.

it will come down to ball use, but we shouldn't be at a running disadvantage today. quietly more optimistic today than in previous weeks on that basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back