Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Port Friday 21st April 7.20pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, Daisy has run his race for the time being. Need to add to the midfield rotations, Polson seems to be the next in line.

Would like to see Sheehan come in for White as well. Reckon he would give us a more attacking option from defence.

No need for wholesale changes unless there are some injuries.

Some sore young bodies I am afraid, possibly Macreadie needs a rest.

Port like GC have good runners and a strong midfield.

OUT - Dale Thomas (Omitted), Simon White (Omitted), Harrison Macreadie (Injured/Rested)

IN - Cameron Polson, Kristian Jaksch, David Cuningham (For Macreadie)

NEW - Cameron Polson (Sandringham Dragons)

FB - Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering, Sam Rowe
HB - Lachie Plowman, Sam Docherty, Tom Williamson
C - Kade Simpson, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs
HF - Samo Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Jarrod Pickett
FF - Matthew Wright, Matthew Kreuzer, Jack Silvagni
R - Levi Casboult, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow

I - Kristian Jaksch, David Cuningham, Zac Fisher, Cameron Polson

E - Sam Kerridge, Nick Graham, Harry McKay

Feel like we need a little more run and carry. Thomas and White seem too slow and need to be moved on. Should take good care of our kids and not risk them to any further damage. I'd rest Macreadie for at least one match.

Polson
should get his first match after a good performance in the VFL (even though it was a practice match against future draftees). Jaksch given at least another chance to prove himself and Cuningham as the required midfield depth to improve team flexibility.

Last edited:
Out: Pickett, White
In: Polson, Kerridge

Allows Wright to play more through the forward line, because he's getting the ball kicked on his head in midfield, and overall adds to our run (Kerridge + Polson) and foot skills (Polson).

Pickett gets to go back to the twos and sharpen up his instinct around goal and build his work rate to a consistent AFL standard. Charlie's not far behind him, but his work rate was much higher outside of the packs tonight.

Macreadie and Williamson get a reprieve because that defensive shape wasn't all on them. If one of them is a touch too sore, bring in Bucks (maybe bring him in anyway if they're not feeling confident on Kerridge, Port aren't particularly tall).

Somewhat ridiculous that GC only laid 44 tackles for the game and still managed to put us under that much pressure. Decision making has to improve when it comes to how we would hold onto the ball versus trying for a 1v1 contest.

Allows Wright to play more through the forward line, because he's getting the ball kicked on his head in midfield, and overall adds to our run (Kerridge + Polson) and foot skills (Polson).

Pickett gets to go back to the twos and sharpen up his instinct around goal and build his work rate to a consistent AFL standard. Charlie's not far behind him, but his work rate was much higher outside of the packs tonight.

Macreadie and Williamson get a reprieve because that defensive shape wasn't all on them. If one of them is a touch too sore, bring in Bucks (maybe bring him in anyway if they're not feeling confident on Kerridge, Port aren't particularly tall).

Somewhat ridiculous that GC only laid 44 tackles for the game and still managed to put us under that much pressure. Decision making has to improve when it comes to how we would hold onto the ball versus trying for a 1v1 contest.
No chance Pickett will be dropped.

He's a dancer.

Missed tonight's game due to work commitments but look forward to watching the first half at least on replay.

Port are known flat track bullies at home....I hope they don't make an appearance on Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must have been watching a different game Jimmae thought pickett worked hard and showed considerable improvement . Youve been a defender of Thomas but after last night if you still have him in the side and he may stay in then im seriously doubting your judgement . Much rather have a developing Pickett in than a butcher of the ball Thomas it was embarassing . If someone needs to go back its Thomas to work on his pathetic foot skills .

Port will be hard to match around the ball. Very physical side. As much as I want to see Polson in I would only do it for another kid if one needs a rest or injured. If Sheehan is ready bring him in. Need his physicality. No need for mass changes.

Not sure if Weitering is injured? If he is, rest him. Way too valuable

I must have been watching a different game Jimmae thought pickett worked hard and showed considerable improvement . Youve been a defender of Thomas but after last night if you still have him in the side and he may stay in then im seriously doubting your judgement . Much rather have a developing Pickett in than a butcher of the ball Thomas it was embarassing . If someone needs to go back its Thomas to work on his pathetic foot skills .

I think we may have enough proof already.
Fact was always going to be that some of the youngsters may need to start being rested and then and that may well save Thomas for another week.

Sheehan coming in is a no-brainer for me. Speed, strength, discipline and kicking ability. Surely this week.
Polson likely to get a run this week although it may be at the expense of another youngster.
Graham & Smedts a chance also, as at least they're fresh.
Jaksch not too far away and then there's Cuningham.

Could easily be 4 changes for this game, but not sure any mix will get the job done in Adelaide, unfortunately.

i must be watching a different game !!

thought pickett adds real speed to our forward line , & will get better with more games

not sure your opinion on daisy but he adds nothing & gets all his stats behind the ball in junk time

I think we may have enough proof already.
Fact was always going to be that some of the youngsters may need to start being rested and then and that may well save Thomas for another week.

Sheehan coming in is a no-brainer for me. Speed, strength, discipline and kicking ability. Surely this week.
Polson likely to get a run this week although it may be at the expense of another youngster.
Graham & Smedts a chance also, as at least they're fresh.
Jaksch not too far away and then there's Cuningham.

Could easily be 4 changes for this game, but not sure any mix will get the job done in Adelaide, unfortunately.
Yeah its good to see we are getting some options going forward but honestly why at this stage of the season are our reserves playing a practice match against a group of 17 year olds . The scheduling reserves draw is mind boggling . Not sure how much notice bolts and co will take of that game . Graham Smedts Sheehan Jaksch Cunningham theyve all got some experience in them Polson looks close theres plenty of options just got to pull the trigger on Thomas now . Have they got the guts to drop him and cop the media storm ? .
Last nights game was fine be me we showed plenty in the first half anything under 25 point loss next week while being in the game for the majority again is fine .

Thomas has to be omitted please. Game has well and truly passed him by. Give Macreadie a spell and Simon White can have a spell on the VFL as well. I'd bring in Polson, Sheehan and Cuningham.

Spot on. It's sad, really, for Thomas. I remember when earlier in his career (before the shoulder injury) the amount of times he would get behind defenses, or into open spaces, due to his motor, speed, and footy sense. Haven't seen any of this so far this year. Wonder if they are keeping him in due to his contract terms. Sure, he's a good "team player", but it's getting to the "groan factor" now...... being a good club guy shouldn't be a reason why he's getting picked. One good game in four for a player of his experience will be testing the "experienced head to help the kids" love that Bolton has for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As we knew that Fisher would perform in his first game, Polson also has the right attributes to show up from the get go.

Taking some liberties here by assuming that Polson will make his way into the team for this game, as Bolton may have liked to wait for another couple of weeks at least, but maybe it will come down to a toss up between him and Cuningham. One will surely be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back