Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Port Friday 21st April 7.20pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonably optimistic vs port given we have wont the last 2, 4 of 6 & 7 of 10 against them. The most glaring weakness and really only key difference was Disposals per goal.

Carlton 32.78 Disposals Per Goal 22.46 Port Adelaide

Seems we are over possessing the ball because we don't have the targets up forward or maybe the speed through the middle to transition quickly, we will need to be on our pressure game all night or like the GC we will be opened up on the counter attack.

Just had a look at the TOG% stats for the GC and Melbourne games.

You're right though it jumped up to mid 70% in our latest game against GC...however part of that is probably because we had Fisher debuting who only played 69%. Macreadie has also only been around 70% in his games which is especially low considering he's a defender.

Surprisingly, C Curnow has only been around 70% every game...i thought he was one of our fittest players?

So as we knew would happen, having so many kids in our team is hurting our ability to compete over 4 quarters since all the newbies are only playing around 70% game time...and i'd imagine Polson will be the same.

This is putting a lot of pressure on the likes of Murphy, E Curnow & Gibbs, who are playing mid-high 80% game time, which is very high for full time midfielders.

But once our young players mature and can play more game time and sustain their effort for longer...we're going to be a seriously good team.
yep this is why i believe we need kerridge as a first team regular this year, to make up some of those minutes we lose through playing the rookies.

Polson has found so much of the ball in the 2s so that suggests that he's probably got a better fitness base than our other rookies so i'd expect to see a high number of minutes from him...

I'm over here in Adelaide. Cunningham, armfield and Kerridge are here. Expecting atleast 1 late change. Kerridge in for Cripps. Anyone know of anyone else being managed?

Reasonably optimistic vs port given we have wont the last 2, 4 of 6 & 7 of 10 against them. The most glaring weakness and really only key difference was Disposals per goal.

Carlton 32.78 Disposals Per Goal 22.46 Port Adelaide

Seems we are over possessing the ball because we don't have the targets up forward or maybe the speed through the middle to transition quickly, we will need to be on our pressure game all night or like the GC we will be opened up on the counter attack.

Or maybe our ratio of behinds and out of bounds to goals (goal-kicking accuracy) is inferior to Port's?

I'm over here in Adelaide. Cunningham, armfield and Kerridge are here. Expecting atleast 1 late change. Kerridge in for Cripps. Anyone know of anyone else being managed?
Rumour was it was Krooz, Cripps and SPS in doubt.
Krooz is out so it might be Cuningham and Kerridge for Cripps and SPS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Real David & Goliath battle tonight. Mature bodied Port vs Very young Blues.

Big test for Bolton & Co. Don't really expect a win (but hope) but if we can have some little wins and rattle Port with some pressure it will be a positive night.

Another experience for the kids and good luck to Polson. Will handle the step up and watch for 1 or 2 very clever things that set him apart from others.

Go Blues

Yes mate.

Burning money for fun!!!

Went to Gauchos for dinner, food was terrific but should have looked at the right hand column a bit more, sheezuz Christ !

Having a restful day before heading in tonight.
If you're staying a little longer want to burn some more cash, I can recommend The Topiary in the north east. Family member works there for full disclosure, but it's some of the best food in the country without doubt!

DJing tonight so sadly can't make the game

thankfully where I'm playing there's a big tv right in front of me
Same...haha... But I live in far nth qld so the big screen thats near my dj booth will be playing NRL :oops:
Finish at midnight so I'll watch a replay when i get home...makes for a long day but go blues!

If you're staying a little longer want to burn some more cash, I can recommend The Topiary in the north east. Family member works there for full disclosure, but it's some of the best food in the country without doubt!
I might not get there this time but definitely sometime in the next trip with work.

Understand 'give them to last minute' but seriously why would you fly Cripps over if he is a chance to not play

I'm betting no late changes barring something unusual happening

I hope so anyhow, can't handle seeing Armfield and Kerridge kicking the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back