Preview RND 5 - Carlton v West Coast - 4:35PM Saturday 21st April @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comments Monday.

If Kruezer is out this week, medical and fitness type staff need to be sacked.

Having said that, Bolton did say Kruezer was just rested to look after him when game was done so I am assuming he is playing next week. If not I will be seriously pissed off the mis-information going on from our club to our own fans.

Whilst I am in a ranting mood, my ******* pet hate has come up again. Our VFL team has another untimely bye coming up. This is just bullshit. The sooner we get our own stand-alone team and proper reserves league so seconds fixtures aligned with seniors the better. We want to get games in Harry McKay for be fit to play seniors but then a bloody bye comes up. I really hate this s**t. Same deal with Lang. If he ready to come back next week you almost forced to pick straight in seniors just to get some footy into his legs.
Our club should be lobbying for reserves grade in league asap. I hate the present situation with a passion of our VFL team is so removed from schedule of our senior team.

Dylan Buckley used to finish games, look like a stuffed ankle earlier in game and then week or two later, same bloody s**t. I remember Yarran have similar issues. I will be convinced Kennedy is ok when he plays 3 weeks straight without seeing an issue with his ankle. Concerned!!!

OUT
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Who the **** is our conditioning coach? Is it just bad luck we're getting all these injuries or is it something we can do better to actually avoid?

It would be nice to hit a side as injury hit as us for once. Redden, Shuey and Josh Kennedy out would give our kids a fighting chance. With our luck of recent two decades they will all get up and we have a late out like Simpson or a Curnow on weekend.
Shuey, Kennedy and Nick Nat all playing. We cannot take a trick in timing.

This is the kind of game we may just win. Then what would happen?

Some of us would celebrate it like it our best win since 1995 grand final given how every ******* thing you can find is against us winning this week.

Cuningham is not in the kid category anymore. 3rd year mid.

Unless you're a Chris Judd/Joel Selwood, I think the start of your 3rd season is still pretty early days for a mid.

Since when is a 20yo (or a 21yo) an experienced player and expected to be fully developed?

Would be surprised if they get 25k at the game

If ever you are going to be a supporter and really support young players in their league infancy when times are tough, this week is one any self-respecting Carlton supporter that understands what the word supports means go out of their way to get along to if at all possible. Having said that, think you are right as every club here seems to have about 20,000 types that stick with their club through thick and thin. This is a thin period. Those the follow a club , rather than support, will find other things to do and look to go in better times.
If we get 30K would be impressed in circumstances.

The thing that has stood out for me has been his clean ball use. That is highlighted by his 82% efficiency.
Whilst he hasn’t set the world alight I think he deserve a longer crack. He’s a legitimate part of our future, mullet is not.
Playing Cunners over Mullet now won’t cost us games now, as there aren’t many we are a live hope in at the moment with this injury list.
But playing him over Mullet now might help change the results of games in 12-24 months time.

No doubt Bolton is making some point to Cuningham - and maybe a few other younger players.

If ever you are going to be a supporter and really support young players in their league infancy when times are tough, this week is one any self-respecting Carlton supporter that understands what the word supports means go out of their way to get along to if at all possible. Having said that, think you are right as every club here seems to have about 20,000 types that stick with their club through thick and thin. This is a thin period. Those the follow a club , rather than support, will find other things to do and look to go in better times.
If we get 30K would be impressed in circumstances.

I just base it on we had 28kish at the GCS game when we had a bit more hope :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the same, and hopefully he learns and grows from it if that is the case, its called coaching/development.

Yes, my wild guess is it would be something like running patterns they were not happy with and need him to work on. Needs to get ball more and they want him with ball but if not getting it enough as running player, got to wonder if was running in right places to get more of the ball. Not being at game, impossible to know just seeing on tv.

Unless you're a Chris Judd/Joel Selwood, I think the start of your 3rd season is still pretty early days for a mid.

Since when is a 20yo (or a 21yo) an experienced player and expected to be fully developed?
since BigFooty

Docherty. Kreuzer. Murphy. Marchbank. Kennedy. Lang. Pickett. Williamson. A Silvagni. Weitering. Cuningham. Byrne. Macreadie.

Going to be good watching some of those names make their way back onto the team sheet over the next 12 months.

But for now... this is going to be painful.

Pretty crazy to think that 13 players who are best 22 or thereabouts are missing for whatever reasons.

By the end of this season our team will be just about unrecognisable compared to this week.

Not expecting a win or even a close loss. Just want to see effort, endeavour, and signs of improvement.

Go Blues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Docherty. Kreuzer. Murphy. Marchbank. Kennedy. Lang. Pickett. Williamson. A Silvagni. Weitering. Cuningham. Byrne. Macreadie.
Pretty crazy to think that 14 players who are best 22 or thereabouts are missing for whatever reasons.

By the end of this season our team will be just about unrecognisable compared to this week.

Not expecting a win or even a close loss. Just want to see effort, endeavour, and signs of improvement.

Go Blues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I blame Soapy.
He said we'd be playing the likes of Schumacher, De Koning and LeBois through the course of the year and at this rate......he'll be right.

I'd say we have the better half of our best team out, than we have in.
Not even GWS through their terrible injury runs in the past couple of years had those sorts of numbers fronting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back