Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
I can’t see Willo making it as a mid. He takes too long to make decisions with the ball and is far too one sided. Could you imagine him receiving the ball, breaking away from a stoppage and then cutting back into traffic just to get on his preferred? Would be caught out 9/10.

Happy to leave him at half back where he has played in the past and played well. Just needs to get that confidence back, preferably in the 2s for mine, but I wish him all the best tonight. We need him to be at his best.

if simmo could use his right foot in circumstances where it meant either dispose of the ball or get tackled and be pinged for HTB, then willo can learn to do the same. His on field smarts need to improve .

Zlatan

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m 1 table down from Harry McKay at Black Gold in Richmond...I can tell from the look in his eye that he’s absolutely on for tonight.

or he may just have woken up can’t be 100% certain

Sep 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Simon Prestigiacomo, Liverpool
Why do they start AFL games at the same time as each other? If the Dons v Bris started at 8 pm, I reckon most of us would switch over to watch the last quarter. IMO it is a no brainer to space them out better.
I worked for an elite sporting body in Europe (one of the top three soccer bodies worldwide) and let me tell you; Broadcasting dictates the game. Logic does not prevail. It needs to work for broadcasters in their specific time slots based on advertisement algorithms etc. The AFL must sell to the highest bidder. It's so s**t.

teknodeejay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Arsenal
looks like the money has been more coming in for Carlton so this one might be closer than we might otherwise think if we believe Port are contenders.

Reckon we can cause an upset.

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I worked for an elite sporting body in Europe (one of the top three soccer bodies worldwide) and let me tell you; Broadcasting dictates the game. Logic does not prevail. It needs to work for broadcasters in their specific time slots based on advertisement algorithms etc. The AFL must sell to the highest bidder. It's so sh*t.
They need to watch the movie a beautiful mind, leaving $’s on the table...

I’m 1 table down from Harry McKay at Black Gold in Richmond...I can tell from the look in his eye that he’s absolutely on for tonight.

Sure it ain't Ben?

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees

As long as you’re not actually at Gold Fingers Harry will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Have you seen Ports shots for goal lately? Terrible as well.

Good. Objectively though they are the stronger team based on results the last few years, so it is us who really need to nail our chances.

Wish we were more like West Coast who seem to often kick far more goals than behinds...they are so efficient. Good goal kicking can obviously make a huge difference and its not something we are particularly good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back