Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should build our own hospital at PP. The size of the injury list after a few rounds is staggering

I guess the way the game is played now, soreness and injuries will become common, especially week after week
The players certainly can make a case for extra pay (accross the spectrum). Career will be shortened in this format
KPP's are in vogue will be $ought after, mids will be smaller, nuggieter , and will need a steeplechasers motor to run all-day

either that or until teams adjust personnel-wise, tempo footy like a netball match

Might of been mentioned already -- but does anyone else think watching Walsh last week he seemed a little restricted in his running -- he got up from a few contests not moving great -- hard as a cats head and kept going but didn't seem his usual smooth self
Thought the same

I saw the Jsos tackle/injury several times since it occurred and I still can’t work out what actually caused the injury. Did not appear to involve any awkward positioning of the arm or shoulder. It seemed to occur as his arms were sliding downwards on the tackled player. Also, immediately after the tackle he seemed to be holding his forearm.

I saw the Jsos tackle/injury several times since it occurred and I still can’t work out what actually caused the injury. Did not appear to involve any awkward positioning of the arm or shoulder. It seemed to occur as his arms were sliding downwards on the tackled player. Also, immediately after the tackle he seemed to be holding his forearm.
I think the actually injury occurre when he was hit with a hard shoulder bump - just before SOJ made the tackle

You hold your arm to support the shoulder/lessen the pain - like a sling.

We’ve got to look out for the small forwards at port who block our Key forwards allowing Dixon to get space. Dixon hasn’t been in insane firm yet this year I don’t want him to start with us.

No Jack this week at least, so I'd keep Parks if he's able to pull up ok, otherwise I'd go for Williamson.

OUT: Dow, JSOS
IN: Williams, Cuningham

FB: Parks Jones Plowman
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: SPS Walsh Williams
HF: Fogarty Casboult Gibbons
FF: Murphy McKay Betts

R: Pittonet Cripps Setterfield

Int: E.Curnow, Newnes, Cottrell, Cuningham

EMG:
Williamson, McGovern, Kennedy, Stocker

No McGovern for you this week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve got to look out for the small forwards at port who block our Key forwards allowing Dixon to get space. Dixon hasn’t been in insane firm yet this year I don’t want him to start with us.

and we have to remember not to complain about said blocks when eddie does it all the time and should be paid frees against quite often.

Without knowing the extent of his injury there didn't seem anything untoward with his tackle, I thought maybe it was to get the left footer to have a shot at goal, if so very clever.

While I have no issues with the names you have listed to come in, I do not think we can afford to go in without Levi - even if he is severely limited ATM. Port are too big and strong to have no 2nd ruck option.

You are right I guess, the 2nd ruck position is a hard one for us. I just feel that Harry, Gov and Casboult is a bit too top heavy if we bring Gov in for JSOS. In my scenario I do not know who 2nd rucks, Jones is going too well in defence, Harrys too valuable, do we just go with Kennedy to provide a contest Shaun Grigg style??

Promising that SOS may only be the one week again - super important to our side. However, no point putting him back in for him to just keep getting injured. Might need to up our strapping game.

MK, Gov and Zac in for mine (today's thoughts) for Jack, Paddy and Setters. Need to reward form.

Casboult is on thin ice but survives due to structure and versatility.

Hoping for a good result this week and given our recent games vs this mob I’m quietly confident.
In Williams, Kennedy, McGovern.
Out SOJ, Dow and Setters (sub).

Levi is out of form but is required as our chop out for big Pitt.
Maybe a change back down to defence to play on Big Dixon might do him well.
This would leave Weiters on Marshall and Jonesy on the resting ruck. ( Jones has played this role the last two weeks and killed it on intercept).

McGovern up front with Crippa and Kennedy swapping forward gives a nice structure around big H.

Go blues.

Hoping for a good result this week and given our recent games vs this mob I’m quietly confident.
In Williams, Kennedy, McGovern.
Out SOJ, Dow and Setters (sub).

Levi is out of form but is required as our chop out for big Pitt.
Maybe a change back down to defence to play on Big Dixon might do him well.
This would leave Weiters on Marshall and Jonesy on the resting ruck. ( Jones has played this role the last two weeks and killed it on intercept).

McGovern up front with Crippa and Kennedy swapping forward gives a nice structure around big H.

Go blues.
I agree with this, but I doubt they'd swing Levi down back. Regardless, as a high-half forward he's a great down the line option/marking target. Gov surely comes in. Kennedy, please come in and deliver.

Anyone know anything about Ramsay? He performed very well in the VFL, 27 and 2. He has been building over the past few weeks. Yet to debut; surprise debut in lieu of Dow?

I'm keen to see changes this week..
IN: Williams, McGovern, Kennedy, Ramsay
OUT: Setters, Dow, Silvagni (Inj), Parks

Parks stiff, literally only included him as he's the only player that didn't perform to expectation on the weekend outside of Dow/Setters. Fogarty was down on output, but he's a mainstay imo. Everyone else played well. Cottrell was very good, as was Newnes (our two fringiest players). Murphy regained form and was classy.

Anyone know anything about Ramsay? He performed very well in the VFL, 27 and 2. He has been building over the past few weeks. Yet to debut; surprise debut in lieu of Dow?

I'm keen to see changes this week..
IN: Williams, McGovern, Kennedy, Ramsay
OUT: Setters, Dow, Silvagni (Inj), Parks

Parks stiff, literally only included him as he's the only player that didn't perform to expectation on the weekend outside of Dow/Setters. Fogarty was down on output, but he's a mainstay imo. Everyone else played well. Cottrell was very good, as was Newnes (our two fringiest players). Murphy regained form and was classy.
I like the idea of playing Ramsay to see what he has got, but struggle to see who he knocks out of the team. Parks was down but I like his endeavour early in his career.
Maybe Ramsay as sub, but that’s not a great way to debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back