Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing the extent of his injury there didn't seem anything untoward with his tackle, I thought maybe it was to get the left footer to have a shot at goal, if so very clever.
Nah, he definitely injured it.

I've done my shoulder plenty of times and thats exactly what you do. Grab the wrist to stop it moving.

The slightest movement in the wrong direction can make it slip out. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a Bankart lesion from an anterior dislocation.

That's where the dislocation happens out of the front of the socket and the force of it takes a chunk of the socket out. This creates an instability in the joint, making it much easier to dislocate again.

Here's an example. Figure-1-3.jpeg

36. Josh Honey
Stats: Seven disposals, four tackles.

Josh is very strong athletic type build, he’s extremely powerful and he had an enormous amount of sprint efforts, more than I generally see in any game from anyone: he had over 30 sprint efforts which is incredible. He’s capable of doing that so we expect that from him, but what he did was he played with physicality. At times, it was a little bit too much where he might’ve been a bit undisciplined where he gave a few free kicks away late in the game, which hurt our team, but in saying that, he did play with physicality which is exactly what we want from Josh. He laid a couple of bone-crunching tackles which is great to see, his speed certainly gets into the game and
makes him hard to defend. The important part for Josh is how we fix up that discipline which I’m sure we can do that moving forward.

Straight out of VFL match report - welcome to JaB's very limited has mongrel list of Carlton players Mr Honey :thumbsu: - I knew you were special in yoru debut game and th CLub erred in not playing you continuously.

At Sydney/Doggies - this type of player is lauded

At Carlton we want to curb his mongrel make him into something 'nice'

Get thsi kid into seniours ASAP and stop wasting tyime on flakey blokes who have had enough opportunity to show their hunger for the contest and come up with MEH...

we are DYING for repeat sprint effort and tackling mongrel and we load up the outside with plodders liek Setterfield FFS.

No McGovern for you this week?
Not fit enough on my viewing. Really struggling to sustain his efforts due to the state of his back, I think. Another week or two, IMO.

Ramsay is close, but you'd want to test him out in a full reserves match before giving him the nod.

In Gov, Cunners for dash, Williams, O’Mac for Levi.

Youd have to be a little pissed if you were Liam Stocker and Ramsay is getting a game before you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

36. Josh Honey

Josh is very strong athletic type build, he’s extremely powerful and he had an enormous amount of sprint efforts, more than I generally see in any game from anyone: he had over 30 sprint efforts which is incredible. He’s capable of doing that so we expect that from him, but what he did was he played with physicality. At times, it was a little bit too much where he might’ve been a bit undisciplined where he gave a few free kicks away late in the game, which hurt our team, but in saying that, he did play with physicality which is exactly what we want from Josh. He laid a couple of bone-crunching tackles which is great to see, his speed certainly gets into the game and makes him hard to defend. The important part for Josh is how we fix up that discipline which I’m sure we can do that moving forward.

Straight out of VFL match report - welcome to JaB's very limited has mongrel list of Carlton players Mr Honey :thumbsu: - I knew you were special in yoru debut game and th CLub erred in not playing you continuously.

Get thsi kid into seniours ASAP and stop wasting tyime on flakey blokes who have had enough opportunity to show their hunger for the contest and come up with MEH...

we are DYING for repeat sprint effort and tackling mongrel and we load up the outside with plodders liek Setterfield FFS.
Can I like this ten times?

36. Josh Honey

Josh is very strong athletic type build, he’s extremely powerful and he had an enormous amount of sprint efforts, more than I generally see in any game from anyone: he had over 30 sprint efforts which is incredible. He’s capable of doing that so we expect that from him, but what he did was he played with physicality. At times, it was a little bit too much where he might’ve been a bit undisciplined where he gave a few free kicks away late in the game, which hurt our team, but in saying that, he did play with physicality which is exactly what we want from Josh. He laid a couple of bone-crunching tackles which is great to see, his speed certainly gets into the game and makes him hard to defend. The important part for Josh is how we fix up that discipline which I’m sure we can do that moving forward.

Back of the queue thank you. This kid is still well and truly mine.

36. Josh Honey

Sounds like a lot of running for 7 disposals and gave away free kicks (hence to physical comment)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Don’t reckon. Ramsay plays a different role. Can replace Dow/Martins spot going mid/fwd. stocker more replaces setterfield/docherty or SPS.

Ok you would be pissed if you were stocker if you see Setters play poorly in his first two games, misses his third through injury, only to come straight back in and play worse than his first two games, whilst you (Stocker) has played well in all the 2nds matches.

Also swap Setters name for Dow and apply the same logic.

Also add LOB to the list, despite his shortcomings, he would be a better option than playing Setters on the wing.

36. Josh Honey

Unfort there was limited information on Josh over the pre-season and he was MIA from the games yet no word on the injury front & reports (however that was where he was & only returned last week on limited minutes).

Unfort there was limited information on Josh over the pre-season and he was MIA from the games yet no word on the injury front & reports (however that was where he was & only returned last week on limited minutes).

Thanks for the info - I look forward to him getting some more good games under his belt and seeing him get a game in AFL . That amount of running indicates he must be pretty fit- and teh photo shows he already has an AFL body - unlike some of our high picks who still look like skinny runts after 3-4 pre-seasons.

Nice to finally have some depth for selection options.
Also I noticed that De Koning was listed as 2-3 weeks away. Will be great to have him in the mix again.
Will be very interested to see what the MC does.

PS. No rain predicted for Saturday. Could be a good day for our marking talls.
Be after the bye before you see TDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back