Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time we have been above 8th spot on the ladder at the end of a round since round 10 2013...

Dear god you just depressed me again :( That is soooooo sad. :( :( :(

Extremely sorry for my ignorance. Wanna go to the Port game But if we can’t use our membership cards how do we convert them to tickets?
Hi Jezza. Club emails a barcode for each membership/level. You use this on Ticketmaster for marvel games or Ticketek for mcg games. Set up an account with them if you don't have one already.

I think we should bring cunners in for Dow
The role that Dow is asked to play suits DC perfectly

Setters needs a spell....so Williams comes back in

The JSOS injury opens up a spot for GOV

Kennedy medical sub again although I’d like him in the side somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the changes I’d also like, unfortunately just don’t see Cunners being selected off missing a game due to the concussion rule...
Cunners - Dow
Williams - Setterfield
McGovern - Silvagni

Got to laugh at ourselves as fans. “Play the kids” half the time.....”stop gifting games” the other half.

Which one is it?

Also: just love that Gibbons and SPS continue to stick it up their doubters week after week.
I'm pretty sure we just want to see players having a crack. Some arnt and need to be dropped for players that do.

We are in the 8 and I can’t remember the last time we did sit there.
This next game is huge in perspective to our maturity and willingness for future success.
Win, lose or draw is not and will not be the critical factor but how we approach and perform will be!!!
The players mental approach to this game is the performance indicator.
The players have a chance to receive a small sprinkling or the start of industry respect, so how much do they want to be successful?

Big game coming up. Have we arrived and or grown?

Smart footy sees us with the best likelihood of a win.

We’ve shown that we can run two-ways and play out a game; defensive unit solid.

Good ball users must be relied upon - SPS, Walsh, Fog, Gibbons - to give us clean transition and best use on the f50.

While Curnow’s stats looked good, I actually thought his ball use was pretty poor under pressure (nothing more but) would like him on a wing. Hope Cripps can bring his Freo form and I hope we make a switch for Levi.

McG shown he’s worth a run and maybe Stock. Wasn’t convinced Kennedy was worth a game based on half a qtr in the last when the other 40-odd blokes from both sides were gassed.

We are in the 8 and I can’t remember the last time we did sit there.
This next game is huge in perspective to our maturity and willingness for future success.
Win, lose or draw is not and will not be the critical factor but how we approach and perform will be!!!
The players mental approach to this game is the performance indicator.
The players have a chance to receive a small sprinkling or the start of industry respect, so how much do they want to be successful?

Big game coming up. Have we arrived and or grown?
Last year. Round 6.

Out: Dow, Silvagni, Setterfield
In: Cuningham, McGovern, Kennedy

Sub: Stocker

I think McGovern is a direct replacement for Silvagni. I think Cuningham’s 11 tackles the previous earns him a gig in the setterfield role and I think Kennedy does what Dow does better. The only think Dow has over him is pace. IQ from Kennedy is much greater and he plays the kick mark game better so these new rules surprisingly suit him.

The VFL side plays the Southport Sharks (assistant coach -Matty Lappin btw) and I’d expect a pretty easy game co side ring GC reserves just belted them in their last practise match and they’re traditionally a NEAFL side. Saturday at 2:00pm allows stocker to play a half before our game.

Last edited:
Out: Dow, Silvagni, Setterfield
In: Cuningham, McGovern, Kennedy

Sub: Stocker

I think McGovern is a direct replacement for Silvagni. I think Cuningham’s 11 tackles the previous earns him a gig in the setterfield role and I think Kennedy does what Dow does better. The only think Dow has over him is pace. IQ from Kennedy is much greater and he plays the kick mark game better so these new rules surprisingly suit him.

The VFL side plays the Southport Sharks (assistant coach -Matty Lappin btw) and I’d expect a pretty easy game co side ring GC reserves just belted them in their last practise match and they’re traditionally a NEAFL side. Saturday at 2:00pm allows stocker to play a half before our game.
Not sure i’d want the sub playing half a game beforehand, especially someone who’s had question marks over his endurance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge challenge ahead. These guys move the ball like a premiership team, win contested ball, apply defensive pressure like a premiership team and have some seriously classy, flukey guys in their forward line.

If we come out like we did against Collingwood they will thrash us ruthlessly. If we compete like we did against Richmond and Freo we’ll give ourselves a chance.

Looks pretty likely JSOS will be out and we need to keep our forward line structure, someone will also have to go out for Williams.

In: McGovern, Williams
Out: Silvagni, Setterfield

One of Dow or Kennedy to stay in, the other to be the medical sub.

Not sure I completely get all the Setterfield hate.

Had immediate impact when placed into the middle in the last quarter last night. Just another victim of our coaches' philosophy of taking a player who is naturally great in a position, and trying to turn them into something they're not.

He plays Saturday. Dow doesn't, enough is enough. Just about time to put our hands up and say we totally effed the 2017 draft.

3 goals for McGovern belies the lazy way he played at box hill, and I can say that because I saw it first hand. Played well for about 10 minutes, which is atypical of how he generally plays when in the seniors.

Kennedy in for SOS
Stocker in for Kennedy

McGovern stays in the 2s until he can display hunger for 120 minutes, and actually earns a spot. Elevating him on the back of Saturday would be sending a really good poor message to other younger players

Not sure I completely get all the Setterfield hate.

Had immediate impact when placed into the middle in the last quarter last night. Just another victim of our coaches' philosophy of taking a player who is naturally great in a position, and trying to turn them into something they're not.

He plays Saturday. Dow doesn't, enough is enough. Just about time to put our hands up and say we totally effed the 2017 draft.
I like how you contradict yourself within two paragraphs.

Dow should be out solely for his effort in greenwood's goal. Greenwood became dows man and pushed forward, not even that hard and the replays show Dow content to trail 5 metres behind him and make no effort at all to close the gap. Greenwood receives ball and bangs an easy goal. Horrendous effort.

Not sure what they do with setters and cas. They probably keep them both in. Wouldn't be surprised with just

Outs: JSos (inj), Dow
Ins: Mcgovern, Kennedy/stocker/cunners/idk whose in favour out of them

Dow should be out solely for his effort in greenwood's goal. Greenwood became dows man and pushed forward, not even that hard and the replays show Dow content to trail 5 metres behind him and make no effort at all to close the gap. Greenwood receives ball and bangs an easy goal. Horrendous effort.

Not sure what they do with setters and cas. They probably keep them both in. Wouldn't be surprised with just

Outs: JSos (inj), Dow
Ins: Mcgovern, Kennedy/stocker/cunners/idk whose in favour out of them
Bolton cooked his brain

Huge challenge ahead. These guys move the ball like a premiership team, win contested ball, apply defensive pressure like a premiership team and have some seriously classy, flukey guys in their forward line.

If we come out like we did against Collingwood they will thrash us ruthlessly. If we compete like we did against Richmond and Freo we’ll give ourselves a chance.

Looks pretty likely JSOS will be out and we need to keep our forward line structure, someone will also have to go out for Williams.

In: McGovern, Williams
Out: Silvagni, Setterfield

One of Dow or Kennedy to stay in, the other to be the medical sub.
Don't want Dow to sub. Needs continuity. If not 1sts should get a full game in VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back