AFL Toast Rnd 5: Win against the Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Very much an unsupported theory as I haven't watched a replay, but didn't Smith and Saad both get their first run on the field around the same time we started slowing the Pies momentum?
In terms of both actual and perceived pressure I'd say these two are at the top of the club and having them on the field might have helped deny the Pies a bit of time and space
They both started on the bench, and in the end Smith did top the tally for pressure acts in that game. But the one that's interesting is Andy McGrath. Second for pressure acts and when you watch the game :hearteyes: He was the one that was in the thick of it when the momentum turned.

Collingwood's first goal seems directly attributable to the fact that we started out looking like we were doing a non-contact training drill. They still got their second goal pretty quickly after that, but they had to work a bit harder for it once the ball was inside 50. The intensity sort of spread from the backline to the midfield after that, and then the first shower began. Took them a while to get their third.

Smith and Saad came on at about the 9th minute, and Saad took a free kick from the middle of the ground shortly after that, which was the inside fifty that resulted in our first goal (it went out of bounds and then McKernan got a free in the ruck).

Collingwood didn't score another goal until the fourth quarter.

Watched most of the football shows through various platforms These past couple of days.
Fairly deflating that not only do they gloss over the way Essendon played but hardly a scenic of humility and more hand grenades and innuendo about De Goey/Sidebottom/Howe/Club culture.

It’s nice to be 3 wins and a solitary loss but some recognition would be nice. A win against North and another good showing against the Dogs the following week and hopefully by then we get more some cattle back (Joe,how far is Dyson off??) and the football world can start talking about finals for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched most of the football shows through various platforms These past couple of days.
Fairly deflating that not only do they gloss over the way Essendon played but hardly a scenic of humility and more hand grenades and innuendo about De Goey/Sidebottom/Howe/Club culture.

It’s nice to be 3 wins and a solitary loss but some recognition would be nice. A win against North and another good showing against the Dogs the following week and hopefully by then we get more some cattle back (Joe,how far is Dyson off??) and the football world can start talking about finals for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually prefer going under the radar. I hate it when we're overrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back