AFL Toast Rnd 5: Win against the Magpies

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Enough said
294068.png

Francis was good in the ruck today I thought.

Pretty much the improved pressure was the difference. If we can maintain the rage then we are going to be around the finals. Just have to find it more often than not. Would like to see us go harder on the spread. We are still too slow to react when we win the footy. They need to back themselves and roll the dice a bit. The defensive zone is still a work in progress but overall has been better. Blues did their homework by shutting down Sheil. Pies paid the price.
Laverde did not do a lot but one noticeable thing was on the long kick in he was the leading target and at least he made a contest in front rather than it being T Bell lumbering forward and being over run.

Laverde made a heap of unrewarded leads I noticed, but it meant the defender trailing him wasn’t double teaming another contest.

That’s the benchmark for pressure (other than the first ten minutes) we need to bring for the rest of the season.

Great win, beat a good team, beat the maggots,
Carn the Dons!!!

Was good to see the forwardline being around the ball, didn't let themselves get outnumbered too often.
Townsend keeps showing why I like him, just does the right things at the right times.

Ham is going to be a weapon when the games get longer. Needs to play as many games as he has a future, get the games into him now.

Parish and stringer had a good thing going where they rotated well. I think parish needs to be around the ball early more, in that first quarter when the rain came he was great.

Backline was incredible. Playing their best footy and it's probably the line that has had the most continuity so it's good to see.

Lav and Zaka probably the two negatives.

I was probably a bit too negative on the team's performance after last week, I honestly thought pies would dismantle us.
I don't care if we win I just want to enjoy watching us play, and that pressure was awesome to watch. It may not be absolutely sustainable or reach that level all the time, but that should be the aim, try and make it second nature.

Francis was good in the ruck today I thought.

Laverde made a heap of unrewarded leads I noticed, but it meant the defender trailing him wasn’t double teaming another contest.
True. Although he had an poor game he actually improved the structure and helped us actually get a few stoppages on kick outs by leading and being in front.

Loved Phillips efforts. Tried to get physical and jump into Grundy and made him earn every touch.

The Shield was immense. **** Captain America.

Forward pressure particularly outstanding.

The Riddler is a ***** stud.

Jakey was in Beast Mode for a while. He just attracts the footy.

TBC is done and shouldn't return. Zacka 2 touches 1 goal was abysmal and career over. I'd prefer the Guelf in that HFF role.

Hibberd had a fair crack too. Like him!

Watching foxtel replay right now. I must confess I thought trailing 18 - 0 , we might not even get past that score. God we are hard to follow.
It's character building.

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory
Typical ******* Essendon.
Half an effort last week thanks for coming.
Very sweet tonight though.

Orazio down back experiment didn't work, put him back up fwd to find form when McKenna comes back.

Zaka you've been a good servant but time to let a young kid who will put in effort take your spot, can't have Zaka be a passenger again

On Mi 9T using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pretty sure Fantasia is only down back to get some match conditioning without reinjuring that quad, and while McKenna is out anyway. He'll be forward again when his quad is okayed for goal kicking, and McKenna will most likely come in anyway so it should work out nicely.

Back