AFL Toast Rnd 6: 14 Point Win against Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised with some of the comments about Brayshaw; I reckon he hides his North bias pretty well. I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of him in general but I've heard him commentating several Essendon/North games now and bias is not something I've ever noticed from him.
He does the reverse bias thing for the most part, especially early. He glosses over the controversial (didn't want to talk about the Shiel hit until it had been brought up a couple of times by his co-commentators) but late and when chips are down he barracks for decisions.

That's only natural and ranks very low on the scale of floggish things he does. Sums up how poor sports broadcasting is in this country that club presidents can have such a role.

He does the reverse bias thing for the most part, especially early. He glosses over the controversial (didn't want to talk about the Shiel hit until it had been brought up a couple of times by his co-commentators) but late and when chips are down he barracks for decisions.

That's only natural and ranks very low on the scale of floggish things he does. Sums up how poor sports broadcasting is in this country that club presidents can have such a role.
Can't really argue with a word of that!

Australian journalism is a joke. It’s pathetic.

Watch the football shows to see how well team x went and all these so called ‘experts’ do is give a contrived opinion on why there’s is more valid than there counterpart on the seat next to them.
More often than not it’s not even about a player getting a kick, it’s a poor free kick, a report or something outside the sirens.
It’s pathetic as a whole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See Lloydy tonight on FC enthusiastic about the Essendon kids. Got up in his seat. True colours were starting to shine through (almost). Good on ya Lloydy.

Bloody Essington bias!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back