Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staggering that posters are prepared to play Curnow in the reserves just to keep Casboult in the seniors.
Might be time to take a deep breath ...
Maybe they havent got Cas marked down as all finished. Which he obviously isn't. And theres no doubt Charlie isn't at his best. However I dont see anyone saying Cas is better than Charlie. Only that they dont necessarily want to change a winning lineup.

Maybe they havent got Cas marked down as all finished. Which he obviously isn't. And theres no doubt Charlie isn't at his best. However I dont see anyone saying Cas is better than Charlie. Only that they dont necessarily want to change a winning lineup.

And having Casboult in gets the best out of McKay.

If Charlie comes in I hope it’s up the ground

Certainly is, takes timely marks all around the ground and is a very good shot for goal.
Would be delighted to see him miss a week.
I'm hearing it's more significant than 1 week. We simply cannot take a trick this year. Were lucky we have decent backup in Ceglar but he doesn't mark or influence games like BigBoy does. You guys should be confident, were physically banged up ATM had guys playing Injured as well today.

Just watched the Hawks game, they are pretty fast
But, we are stronger in the midfield and can take advantage of their smaller defense (as per bulldogs)
We should only make one change, and maybe two at a stretch, but only if they are fit, as we need a fit 22 players to contribute
So Cunners in for Polson is all we really need

Last edited:
I'm hearing it's more significant than 1 week. We simply cannot take a trick this year. Were lucky we have decent backup in Ceglar but he doesn't mark or influence games like BigBoy does. You guys should be confident, were physically banged up ATM had guys playing Injured as well today.
Bit early for excuses.

We know a fair bit about injury frustration around these parts in recent years.
Things are on the up now as we’ve got ourselves the best fitness man in the business 😎

Not sure Casboult is the reason Harry hit his straps. I think it was just bound to happen and Casboult was in the team by a spot of luck at the right time.

Casboult taking the ruck allows McKay to use his energy to cover the ground like he did yesterday. His run and engine is a weapon. Not being in the ruck keeps him fresher

Also takes the bigger defender and makes the opposition look around

IMO Casboult helps McKay in many ways. At the moment I reckon he is a positive especially structurally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult taking the ruck allows McKay to use his energy to cover the ground like he did yesterday. His run and engine is a weapon. Not being in the ruck keeps him fresher

Also takes the bigger defender and makes the opposition look around

IMO Casboult helps McKay in many ways. At the moment I reckon he is a positive especially structurally
As frustrating as cas can be I like seeing him in the side....just love his pack marking ability...such an awesome site when one of your players climbs over the top of several players and takes a grab...it's probably the best aspect of Aussie rules

Agree re McKay, where would Charlie be best suited to up the ground? I haven’t seen him at training or working in more contested environments before.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I could see him on a wing or even in the middle. He is a similar height to Cripps and has great endurance. I’ve seen him play practice matches in the middle and he dominates. Looks a natural

I see Charlie as our X factor player like Kouta. Play middle, go forward, even back when needed. Now is the time to let him play more up the ground and learn that role.

We have the forward options now that he doesn’t need to be a permanent forward. McKay McGovern TDK Casboult Kerr Jack on our list.

We will struggle against the Hawks without our A game.

They have some seriously talented small forwards. This is where our mids need to push up and hold them to account . Their backline, will struggle with our height, however if the ball coughs up in that f50, our mids wanna be manning up, or look out for the coast to coast.

This is the epitome of a midfield battle IMHO.

Game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back