Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either unchanged or...

OUT - Cameron Polson (Omitted)
IN - David Cuningham

FB - Liam Jones - Lachie Plowman - Kade Simpson
HB - Caleb Marchbank - Nic Newman - Jacob Weitering
C - Jack Silvagni - Sam Petrevski-Seton - Paddy Dow
HF - Sam Walsh - Harry McKay - Marc Murphy
FF - Levi Casboult - Mitch McGovern - Michael Gibbons
R - Matthew Kreuzer - Patrick Cripps - Zac Fisher
I - Dale Thomas - Lochie O'Brien - Ed Curnow - David Cuningham

E - Andrew Phillips - Matthew Kennedy - Cameron Polson - Patrick Kerr/Charlie Curnow

Can't really omit anybody else other than Polson after a performance like that.

Cuningham if fit and given the tick, is a must. He wouldn't necessarily require much match stimulation since it is just a bruised kidney. It's not like it's a fractured leg or ruptured AC joint.

ever had a brusied kidney? fml it hurts lol

We could bring in Kennedy and Cuners for LOB and Polson and play Cuners off a wing.

Not saying we should but we could...

I just wanna see Cuners back. He was showing SPS levels improvement early on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I take your point Thy, but actions speak louder than words imo, especially where the whole list is concerned.

Also, while there’s no doubt that an in-form Charlie is capable of being the difference in Tassie in a positive sense, unfortunately his form-line so far this season doesn’t suggest that he would be. For instance, Cas kicked 1.5 times Charlie’s goal tally for the season on Sunday, and more broadly Cas’s stats this season are superior to Charlie’s across a number of important areas, including clangers (1.3 per game for Cas, 2.7 for Charlie), disposal efficiency (67% for Cas, 58.9% for Charlie), turnovers (3.3 per game for Cas, 3.7 for Charlie), contested marks (2.3 per game for Cas, 0.3 for Charlie), and score involvements (3.7 per game for Cas, 2.3 for Charlie).

I realise that we’re dealing with a small sample size, and that Charlie got injured early against Port, and I’m not suggesting for a moment that Charlie is the lesser player overall - obviously, that would be ridiculous. However, imo Cas’s form-line is good, and Charlie’s simply isn’t, and for this reason I’m open to the possibility of leaving Cas in for this week, and having Charlie come back through the twos. If the Match Committee decide differently though, I won’t lose any sleep over it, and of course I’d be delighted if Charlie put in a blinder if he ends up being selected.

Btw, I realise that Charlie could come in for someone other than Cas, but the discussion to this point has mainly revolved around the idea of swapping those two.

We’re paying Charlie upwards of $750-800k a year. He’s a budding superstar who’s a bit rusty at present but playing in the twos does nothing for his development.
The VFL is for players that have another player ahead of them for a particular position or role OR for punishment.
Get him back if he’s right to go. Coaching staff need to improve the way they’re positioning in him.

You're a little wrong in saying they'd be stupid. No more stupid than having brought Marchbank back in.

I doubt there would be many that watched him on Saturday that didn't think he was ready, should the need be there.
That's not to say he will come back to the main squad but I feel it's incorrect to suggest he couldn't, should the opening be there.
He’s coming back from a long term injury and an injury that did not appear to be understood/resolved easily..what is the urgency?

We’re paying Charlie upwards of $750-800k a year. He’s a budding superstar who’s a bit rusty at present but playing in the twos does nothing for his development.
The VFL is for players that have another player ahead of them for a particular position or role OR for punishment.
Get him back if he’s right to go. Coaching staff need to improve the way they’re positioning in him.
A little birdy told me we were paying 750K a year for Levi ...please tell me it isn't so ?

Levi stays in after that performance,
I’m his biggest critic but he was enormous on the weekend and he deserves another crack.
Plus he’s the perfect second ruck.
Harry should not be subject to the battering when Levi is the perfect foil for Kruez - Harry needs to stay forward and Charlie is not a ruck. Selection headaches are Coming ! Can you believe it !

Polson out for Cunners this week is the only change. Cunners even with a month of is good for pressure and a bit better than 4 touches!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good way to give a promising young forward a big head and feel entitled...not to mention it could cause ripples within the group if there are some seen to be favoured...Curnow is not Chris Judd.

Give the young fella, a clip over the ears.
Play him in the "dew Kickers" for a week or Two.
When fit to do so, of course!

I take your point Thy, but actions speak louder than words imo, especially where the whole list is concerned.

Also, while there’s no doubt that an in-form Charlie is capable of being the difference in Tassie in a positive sense, unfortunately his form-line so far this season doesn’t suggest that he would be. For instance, Cas kicked 1.5 times Charlie’s goal tally for the season on Sunday, and more broadly Cas’s stats this season are superior to Charlie’s across a number of important areas, including clangers (1.3 per game for Cas, 2.7 for Charlie), disposal efficiency (67% for Cas, 58.9% for Charlie), turnovers (3.3 per game for Cas, 3.7 for Charlie), contested marks (2.3 per game for Cas, 0.3 for Charlie), and score involvements (3.7 per game for Cas, 2.3 for Charlie).

I realise that we’re dealing with a small sample size, and that Charlie got injured early against Port, and I’m not suggesting for a moment that Charlie is the lesser player overall - obviously, that would be ridiculous. However, imo Cas’s form-line is good, and Charlie’s simply isn’t, and for this reason I’m open to the possibility of leaving Cas in for this week, and having Charlie come back through the twos. If the Match Committee decide differently though, I won’t lose any sleep over it, and of course I’d be delighted if Charlie put in a blinder if he ends up being selected.

Btw, I realise that Charlie could come in for someone other than Cas, but the discussion to this point has mainly revolved around the idea of swapping those two.

Well said.

It's funny, you bring up a lot of good stats and arguments that have merit and i have done similar in a previous post.
Those numbers tell the story and beyond that it's been obvious to all of us when watching our games.

I have not seen any good arguments from those claiming Charlie should come in for Casboult...literally all i have seen is 'lol Charlie doesn't play 2's' type comments with zero analysis or actual arguments as to why.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is called making decisions based on reputation, emotion and 'just because' rather than proper reasons.

Happy to receive some actual reasons Charlie should play instead of Cas, beyond 'because it's Charlie Curnow'.

I think Cuningham is a definite in for Polson.

Would rather see Charlie Curnow play on the ball than Kennedy. I think Kennedy is about last on the pecking order of mids at the moment and that's because he's too slow and imobile at AFL level. Bit of an emergency for Cripps. He may make it as a tagger but I am really not convinced. Midfield balance is good, clearance work is great.

Some tough calls to make, the Norther Blues should have a great side in this weekend

Upon reflection, my two cents worth:

OUTS

Walsh - it’s too unsettling for a player to look so at home after 5 games, and it could damage the morale of our other youngsters

Crippa - we’re overly reliant on him, and others need to learn to carry their fair share of the load

SPS - Caro could do without the additional humiliation

INS

Charlie, Kerr, TDK - we’ll annihilate them with talls

View attachment 660513

Love these changes. :hearteyes:

If Willo is fit and ready to go, the club should back him in to replace LOB on a wing and across half back. He can work in tandem with Daisy. No drama for LOB to go back to the twos and work on getting more of the ball. I'm still bullish on him being a very good player and given his "type" and age, I reckon he's shown plenty. No shame in going back to the VFL.

Similar story for Cuningham really. If he's good to go then bring him in. I liked Polson's work off the ball, but it won't hurt him to know he needs to get back to the VFL and win more of it. Having said that, if we can field a team with Cuningham AND Polson playing forward, I'd take that. The both of them up there crumbing and putting defensive pressure on the Hawks could reap rewards.

Gee reckon we'd be a much better team with just a fit Cunners and Willo in for Polson and LOB...exciting stuff. Not far away it seems.

F
Upon reflection, my two cents worth:

OUTS

Walsh - it’s too unsettling for a player to look so at home after 5 games, and it could damage the morale of our other youngsters

Crippa - we’re overly reliant on him, and others need to learn to carry their fair share of the load

SPS - Caro could do without the additional humiliation

INS

Charlie, Kerr, TDK - we’ll annihilate them with talls

View attachment 660513
Focks hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back