Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate - you have a 'thing' for Polson - hope it all works out for the kid - right now on exposed form and across a lot of measures - I don't rate him much at all - except he has some leg speed and is young and goes as hard as he can for 4 quarters - unlike some so called 'leaders' - who I rate much lower.

It's not about Polson, who I think should go back to VFL level and run through the middle

I think the inclusion this week should be Kennedy and the likes of Fisher, Murphy, Thomas, Gibbons could rotate forward

It's not about Polson, who I think should go back to VFL level and run through the middle

I think the inclusion this week should be Kennedy and the likes of Fisher, Murphy, Thomas, Gibbons could rotate forward

Agree .

Don't know what is going on with Kennedy tbh - clearly the Club doesn't rate him as a starting player atm..I would have thought he would be an automatic inclusion if fit...

Whatever you’re comfortable with.
Guess you haven't met many Harry's.
d1f8cee602c6caf01e9bd143fddebeae.jpg

Krooz & Cripps has always worked well, now Crippa gives it out to a Walsh/SPS/Fish type.

These blokes are getting mid, high twenties in rotation.

Splits the opposition who now have to try to tag our boys.

We seem to be running Ed, who if you watched, is more a set play forward, with Gibbons/Dow/Murph as the B Team on occasion in the middle.

I’m excited.

Last edited:
Agree .

Don't know what is going on with Kennedy tbh - clearly the Club doesn't rate him as a starting player atm..I would have thought he would be an automatic inclusion if fit...

Saturday was his first game back after a quad. Still, mixed messages.

My only qualm is Polson for Charlie as a straight swap really makes us unbalanced height wise and forces Gibbons back into the role he had for the first 4 weeks which is not where he should be played.

Too talk yes cuners is the only option if fit quick and can rotate
Saturday was his first game back after a quad. Still, mixed messages.

My only qualm is Polson for Charlie as a straight swap really makes us unbalanced height wise and forces Gibbons back into the role he had for the first 4 weeks which is not where he should be played.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

SOME hawk supporters are very cocky for a team sitting in the bottom six atm I get it with how they have been in the past but they literally have done nothing this year

One of them even said to me "wow you beat the dogs" pretty sure that's something they failed to do.

I'm not saying we are going in and will win but I hope the players go in with the same arrogant attitude a few think it's going to be a 10 goal plus win they have done nothing this year to suggest that cripps literally has the same contested numbers as two of their biggest wall winning miss this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What there missing is that JSOS is actually taller than Charlie and less agile to boot so we played with 4 talls last week as well, but because we used the ball better it worked like a treat which it would of against the Gold Coast if we used it better in that game. It’s a no brainer.
Could you see Charlie getting the ball out to Murphy murphster ?

This is how it happens in my head also. Clear, simple, upfront, all on the same page
The essence of that, ideally is how it goes.

I will be interested in team selection to see the balance of team this week. As long as we not too top heavy I will be satisfied we give ourselves a fair chance of winning.

Just to keep expectations in check, Hawthorn kicked a score against Geelong that would have beaten us in all but one match in about the last 18 months.

It doesn’t mean we can’t win. But for where we are at right now, it does mean we have to bring our very best.
I Did say I'm not expecting a win just their major confidence with a nothing start to the season

When does Charlie Curnow get a game, in three weeks maybe?

Whoops! Brain fade. Charlie straight back in too. As good as Levi’s good bits were against the Dogs, he dropped a few easy marks that better teams would have punished us for on turnover.

And I’M warming to the prospect of McKay as back up ruckman, what a weapon around the ground he would be.

Again I felt like the Dogs played their best footy when Kreuzer was off the ground (and Levi rucking).

However I noticed at least twice that Kreuzer and Cripps went off together which I thought left us vulnerable.

From the AFL Injury List:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-23/the-full-afl-injury-list-round-six

Stratton, who was a late withdrawal against Geelong, and Shiels are set to provide the Hawks with a welcome boost against Carlton. The club also allayed fears in-form ruckman McEvoy could be out for several weeks and he will play this weekend if he passes a fitness test. Burgoyne is another week off. Minchington is set to turn out in brown and gold for the first time in the VFL on Saturday, while Koschitzke, Ross and Walker have to pass tests to join him at Box Hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops! Brain fade. Charlie straight back in too. As good as Levi’s good bits were against the Dogs, he dropped a few easy marks that better teams would have punished us for on turnover.

And I’M warming to the prospect of McKay as back up ruckman, what a weapon around the ground he would be.

Again I felt like the Dogs played their best footy when Kreuzer was off the ground (and Levi rucking).

However I noticed at least twice that Kreuzer and Cripps went off together which I thought left us vulnerable.

McKay has been awful as a backup ruckman this year. He doesn’t have the tank and blows up far too quickly.

Against Richmond and Port we used him in that role. To make it work Bolton started him off the ground each quarter, brought him in to go into the ruck, then pushed forward when Phillips came back on. Against Richmond 17 minutes had passed and we were 3 goals down before he set foot inside 50.

In time, he will be a great backup ruck. Right now, I think Casboult has to play, unfortunately.

Just to keep expectations in check, Hawthorn kicked a score against Geelong that would have beaten us in all but one match in about the last 18 months.

It doesn’t mean we can’t win. But for where we are at right now, it does mean we have to bring our very best.
Very true...They are so clean with the ball and have mastered the practice of keeping possession and patiently getting the ball into their 50. They have scored 87, 87, 87, 69 and 90 so far. So we probably need to score a decent score to get over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back