Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do when I think of his Mum? ;)

Be very surprised if more than one change and IMO it won't be Jack. Can't see Simpson or Casboult being dropped either. Gut feel is it's Charlie for Polson. Cuningham gets a run in the 2's
I hope your wrong ole fella!!:p
I would rather Cuners in for Polson and if Charlie comes in it must be for Levi unfortunately..

As others have said Cuners is dead cert to come in for Polson unless Cuner’s kidney crawls out of his mouth and kicks him in the nuts.

They’re also playing 50/50 with Cas and Charlie. Which is good. I’ll be happy either way.

Add Willo next week and that’s our best 22 locked and loaded (we can quibble about Gibbons v Kennedy).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope your wrong ole fella!!:p
I would rather Cuners in for Polson and if Charlie comes in it must be for Levi unfortunately..

Who knows?

Charlie for Polson is okay. Charlie on a wing and push Murphy forward works for me. I would be amazed if Levi is dropped

We will find out tomorrow then we may get the old late change as well. They will take 2 emergencies to Tassie anyway. Garlett could easily be one to give Cuningham a full game?

Don't get the "Cuningham is a certainty" talk. I rate him highly, always have (unlike others), but he isn't exactly established yet and has missed 4 weeks. Touch and confidence is a big thing. Big call

I'll trust Russell & Bolt to make the right call

I do when I think of his Mum? ;)

Be very surprised if more than one change and IMO it won't be Jack. Can't see Simpson or Casboult being dropped either. Gut feel is it's Charlie for Polson. Cuningham gets a run in the 2's

If we drop Polson for Charlie we will be fairly unbalanced again even with Setterfield out.

The concern is Charlie hasn't been right since the JLT and has had previous knee niggles. No reason to rush him back with the performance of our KPF last week.

Cuningham really shouldn't need a game in the 2s as the club have mentioned it was just a concern with contact to the kidney. He has been full training otherwise so should be no issue fitness wise.

I wouldn't risk Charlie.

If we drop Polson for Charlie we will be fairly unbalanced again even with Setterfield out.

The concern is Charlie hasn't been right since the JLT and has had previous knee niggles. No reason to rush him back with the performance of our KPF last week.

Cuningham really shouldn't need a game in the 2s as the club have mentioned it was just a concern with contact to the kidney. He has been full training otherwise so should be no issue fitness wise.

I wouldn't risk Charlie.

Correct. If we bring in a tall, a tall has to go out.

You just need to go back and look at the Adelaide vs Hawthorn game to see how playing too many talls in the forward line doesn't work against the Hawks.

They'll zone off and get numbers to the contest, intercept mark or bring the ball to ground before rebounding out of defensive 50. It won't work.

I wouldn't risk Charlie.
Yep ..leave Levi in for onother week and Charlie can rest his knee for onother week..

As others have said Cuners is dead cert to come in for Polson unless Cuner’s kidney crawls out of his mouth and kicks him in the nuts.

They’re also playing 50/50 with Cas and Charlie. Which is good. I’ll be happy either way.

Add Willo next week and that’s our best 22 locked and loaded (we can quibble about Gibbons v Kennedy).

Renal laryngeal testicularitis?

Garlett was underwhelming in VFL last week from reports so doubt he will play, could be his week to be travelling emergency.

Cuningham for Polson would be a great outcome IMO.

Charlie in for Levi probably means Harry plays ruck relief. Not sure we want that. Might be another week’s rest for Charlie.

If Kennedy comes in then I think someone is injured. L’Ob would have a run with matchup with Smith, Scully or Henderson. Perhaps Gibbons needs a rest or Ed ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like no change to me.

If CCurnow was to be in the main team then..........hang on........why isn't he named in the NB's team?
That's a little weird as most of the other players except Simpson have been.

Have to have a look at this and try and make sense of it.

EDIT: Of the 8 named on the extended interchange bench, Simpson and CCurnow haven't been included in the Northern Blues team.
That's unusual, as usually all those named on the extended interchange are included in the NB's team.

Last edited:

I'd select Gibbons ahead of Kennedy at the moment. He brings more run, carry and spread from the contest than Kennedy. We're doing alright at contested ball at the moment. Don't want to become too one paced in the midfield.

Our defensive group are holding up well. I'd give Willo a good run in the 2's before consideration. Missed a lot of footy.

Can't see Charlie anywhere on here, which is unusual as extended bench players are always named here...

View attachment 661846

Nor Simpson, if one wants to be really particular.
But it'd be downright disrespectful to put Simmo's name on there, lol.

Extrapolating, but to me this means Charlie is either playing seniors or resting. Both he and Casboult will make the trip over. Suspect Charlie won't be playing.

In: Cuningham
Out: Polson

Garlett was underwhelming in VFL last week from reports so doubt he will play, could be his week to be travelling emergency.

Cuningham for Polson would be a great outcome IMO.

Charlie in for Levi probably means Harry plays ruck relief. Not sure we want that. Might be another week’s rest for Charlie.

If Kennedy comes in then I think someone is injured. L’Ob would have a run with matchup with Smith, Scully or Henderson. Perhaps Gibbons needs a rest or Ed ?

The whole Harry plays ruck issue - does this mean we never play Charlie because Levi has to play ruck? Or we can’t have Charlie, Mitch and Harry in the same team? I’m just a little confused by the logic. The thing is with Krooz, Harry would spend less than 20% of the game playing ruck. No different than Cox and Grundy which seems to work fine for them.

I wouldn't risk Charlie.
If Charlie plays it won’t be because he’s been rushed back. That’s not how Russell operates.

Sounds like Charlie only just missed last week, so this week he’ll be cherry ripe.

I reckon he’ll have a point to prove too after last week. He’s been our top dog in the forward line for some time and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s copped a bit of ribbing from Harry.

The whole Harry plays ruck issue - does this mean we never play Charlie because Levi has to play ruck? Or we can’t have Charlie, Mitch and Harry in the same team? I’m just a little confused by the logic. The thing is with Krooz, Harry would spend less than 20% of the game playing ruck. No different than Cox and Grundy which seems to work fine for them.

That 20% takes a lot out of him especially for a young player that plays all over the ground. He can play the role but as was shown at the weekend when he plays purely as a key forward he can dominate with his run and speed. Also, Casboult was good last week. If Charlie plays time for him to go onto a wing or in the midfield. Perfect time

That 20% takes a lot out of him especially for a young player that plays all over the ground. He can play the role but as was shown at the weekend when he plays purely as a key forward he can dominate with his run and speed. Also, Casboult was good last week. If Charlie plays time for him to go onto a wing or in the midfield. Perfect time
Yep agreed. If Casboult plays Charlie has to play between the arcs.

And if Casboult spuds it up in the forward line and they’re forced to play Charlie there we’ll effectively be down one running player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back