Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A goal and four direct assists a few weeks back. But really he has to do more theres no doubt and do it regular. Maybe thats why Pagan and Ratten also said ...if only they all had 50 games under their belt.

.....and that's a major point and was my original discusion. People keep talking about this week etc but it is also important that we get a lot of these players to 30 plus games asap. 2019 was always about development. Yes, we need to keep winning but there is a reason LOB Polson Dow Setterfield etc keep getting games and that Murphy, Ed etc are playing lesser roles. Look at the benefits now of getting SPS Weitering McKay etc games when they probably didn't deserve it. Big picture

And to address this, I stand by my prior arguments that Bolton has game day deficencies. We played very well on the weekend, but that doesn't completely turn things around.

There lies the issue, in the moment reactions/decisions

We lost, coach is shite, we win he is okay

Player x on the fringe has poor game, out, bring in a guy that had 15 touches at VFL level, or better still hasn't played in a month

It just doesn't work that way

Did I say he does? Not even close to my point
From what I can tell you don't have a point other than you like Polson.

There is no evidence making the change would upset team balance or cohesion but there is evidence that Cuningham is the better player, and yet you don't want to make the change.

Impacts by possessions you mean?
Polson has laid 5 tackles in 3 games. Cuningham did that in one.

Polson has has 22 disposals, Cunners also did that in one.

Same goes for inside 50s.

What is Polson adding to the team, that Cuningham can't do in spades more?

Player x on the fringe has poor game, out, bring in a guy that had 15 touches at VFL level, or better still hasn't played in a month

And yet from Bolton's presser it seems it does.

"Player x on the fringe has poor game, out" how about player x on the fringe has ANOTHER poor game and player Y who was super impressive prior to injury is fully fit?

I can be reactive at times, but this Polson argument has 18 months of data to back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no evidence making the change would upset team balance or cohesion but there is evidence that Cuningham is the better player, and yet you don't want to make the change.

Nope. I can't be anymore clearer than I have been.

I rate both highly. Probably Cuningham more. NEVER said I don't want to make a change just highlighted the benefits and reasons for picking the same side this week.

I am just commenting on selection and reasons for and against instead of it being a "certainty"

When the side is announced I will be happy regardless as I really like the squad selected. Getting better all the time

Some on here just want to make it a right or wrong situation. IMO at the moment there is neither just options

Why not Kennedy?

Because he is more a midfielder than forward, he has been in pretty ordinary all year, isn't quick AND has had a poor run with injury in the last month.

Cuningham is more forward than mid, is quick, has been in great form this year and barely missed a training with his injury.

Nope. I can't be anymore clearer than I have been.

I rate both highly. Probably Cuningham more. NEVER said I don't want to make a change just highlighted the benefits and reasons for picking the same side this week.

I am just commenting on selection and reasons for and against instead of it being a "certainty"

When the side is announced I will be happy regardless as I really like the squad selected. Getting better all the time

Some on here just want to make it a right or wrong situation. IMO at the moment there is neither just options

I have never seen anyone sit on the fence so vehemently.

Team game, everyone has a role

Cuners has shown that ability at JLT level only

And I'm saying that Cunners ability displayed at JLT level is much more than Polson has ever shown, thus my argument that he should be picked this week over Cam.
You didn't see the last game last year?

Because he is more a midfielder than forward, he has been in pretty ordinary all year, isn't quick AND has had a poor run with injury in the last month.

Cuningham is more forward than mid, is quick, has been in great form this year and barely missed a training with his injury.

Maybe we might want more midfield grunt this week? Push Cripps forward more? So many options and wasn't that the original point?

Polson has laid 5 tackles in 3 games. Cuningham did that in one.

Polson has has 22 disposals, Cunners also did that in one.

Same goes for inside 50s.

What is Polson adding to the team, that Cuningham can't do in spades more?

What about pressure acts, positioning, blocks, shepperds ect?

Anyway back to my original ins and outs

Kennedy in, Polson out

Debate that

.....and that's a major point and was my original discusion. People keep talking about this week etc but it is also important that we get a lot of these players to 30 plus games asap. 2019 was always about development. Yes, we need to keep winning but there is a reason LOB Polson Dow Setterfield etc keep getting games and that Murphy, Ed etc are playing lesser roles. Look at the benefits now of getting SPS Weitering McKay etc games when they probably didn't deserve it. Big picture
It seems like the development of the list gets forgotten after one win. That surely is a season long exercise and there is absolutely no best 22 or even 30 until they all get enough time to show their stuff. That said I think Cuningham has more potential right now to improve the team performance. My concern is only around readiness after injury. And that is the part that most of us would have no clue about.

Didn't he say he likes Cuningham more? There's nothing wrong with what he said you just don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back