Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Hawthorn Sunday April 28th 3.20PM @ UTAS - Team Post #1331

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he is more a midfielder than forward, he has been in pretty ordinary all year, isn't quick AND has had a poor run with injury in the last month.

Cuningham is more forward than mid, is quick, has been in great form this year and barely missed a training with his injury.

Cuners is more a forward? Since when?

You do realise, Kennedy playing in the middle will release other, more "talented" players, to the forward line?

It seems like the development of the list gets forgotten after one win. That surely is a season long exercise and there is absolutely no best 22 or even 30 until they all get enough time to show their stuff. That said I think Cuningham has more potential right now to improve the team performance. My concern is only around readiness after injury. And that is the part that most of us would have no clue about.

100% agree. At the moment we are trying to strike a balance between development and performance. As for DC he is definitely ahead of Polson at this stage IMO BUT both have played less than 20 games. Just that Cuningham has missed a month of football. The club will decide if he's ready and if it's the best thing or not. None of know what's happening internally and Kidney injuries are tough.

I look at it as more than this week. The sooner Polson, DC and others get to 30 plus games the better for all.

As I have said numerous times I just don't see his selection as a certainty. So many variables and so much we don't know. Seems as though some of us are discussing possibilities and some seem to be so called certainties

PS It is nice to be discussing genuine selection options though. Imagine how the next few weeks will be :oops:

What about pressure acts, positioning, blocks, shepperds ect?

Anyway back to my original ins and outs

Kennedy in, Polson out

Debate that

Wouldn't the fall under 1%ers of which he has had 4 in 3 games

What about pressure acts, positioning, blocks, shepperds ect?

Anyway back to my original ins and outs

Kennedy in, Polson out

Debate that

Averaging the exact same pressure acts, and I'd rate tackles pretty highly in stopping the opposition.

I'm fine with Kennedy coming in, but I think we lose speed if we don't bring a runner in as well.

Cuners is more a forward? Since when?

You do realise, Kennedy playing in the middle will release other, more "talented" players, to the forward line?

have you been paying attention this year?

"You do realise, Kennedy playing in the middle will release other, more "talented" players, to the forward line?" So ignoring the fact that Kennedy has been in pretty ordinary form and the distinct difference in speed, why wouldn't we just let the more talented players play in the middle and select the more talented forward to play in the forward line?

By sheer virtue of the fact SPS dominated last week means they are going to put more attention him meaning it is going to release other players to perform. The more players that can pop up like that means we are becoming a problem for teams to contain us. Got a feeling SPS will be a bit quieter this week as a result but expect it will release perhaps Murphy to be more influencial. Or SPS tears it apart again and then happy days!

have you been paying attention this year?

"You do realise, Kennedy playing in the middle will release other, more "talented" players, to the forward line?" So ignoring the fact that Kennedy has been in pretty ordinary form, why wouldn't we just let the more talented players play in the middle and select the more talented forward to play in the forward line?

Has he? Looked very solid to me the last 2 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only the point that it's a "certainty" that Cuningham replace Polson. Never had an issue with the selection or said it shouldn't happen

I'm trying to have a discussion about options and variables and you want to make it about right and wrong

Raising "variables" doesn't make it a discussion on variables. I and others have asked numerous times how these "variables" make the case for Polson over Cuningham and you have either said they don't or "when did I say they did?" - so the discussion seems moot really.

And I haven't made it about right or wrong, I have just taken a position and am happy to support it. You seem to just want the argument.

I have already stated that Polson should do a stint in the VFL, but I wouldn't be bringing Cuners in until he has had at least one run in the VFL

Cuners is and will be best 22, no need to rush that, for him or the team

I think, if Cuningham is fit enough to play for the NB's then he's fit enough to play ones.

He looks a far better player than Polson at this stage and should take his place. FFS Polson played 61% of game time last week, surely Cuningham can do that.

Just as much chance to be injured in the twos as there is in the firsts.

Cuners has been injured for most of that period

This should not be about Cuners v Polson, they are 2 different players at different stages

I agree that it shouldn't be an overall debate between the two, but in terms of inclusions, Cunners is the clear option.

Cuners has been injured for most of that period

This should not be about Cuners v Polson, they are 2 different players at different stages

But it seems they are competing for the one spot so surely it is a little bit about them.

Raising "variables" doesn't make it a discussion on variables. I and others have asked numerous times how these "variables" make the case for Polson over Cuningham and you have either said they don't or "when did I say they did?" - so the discussion seems moot really.

And I haven't made it about right or wrong, I have just taken a position and am happy to support it. You seem to just want the argument.

Using emojis when you have no rebuttal to a post completely dissolving your 'argument'.

Good tactic.

No I'm saying that Cuningham over Polson is strengthened by Polson's poor showing in those 18 months. Don't twist my words.
I think that overlooks the fact Cuningham has also done very little besides have potential for 18 months. Unlucky with injuries yes but the why is hardly the point. In fact there is an argument to say an always fit player is better than one thats always injured no matter what the upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back