Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 29th April 2.10PM @ MCG - Team post #802

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft What would Barass know......................:p

I'm calling a smokey this week then. Gallucci will be upgraded and picked

Smedts or Buckley for Macreadie (more run )
Cuningham for Murphy
Gallucci for SPS
Kruezer for Phillips
No. Gallucci had a shocker in the VFL.

If Macreadie and SPS have hit the wall as barass70 says and Phillips needs more time in the VFL, then I predict the Ins to be Kreuzer, Graham and Cuningham.

If Murphy is out as well, Smedts.

Thomas can play VFL.

You may get your wish.

I don't think many teams are running 2 rucks.

Yeah, I'm not even certain having a top quality ruckman is actually that important these days. Its all about the clearances, even if that means utilizing the tap work of the opposing ruckman who may be better.

No. Gallucci had a shocker in the VFL.

If Macreadie and SPS have hit the wall as barass70 says and Phillips needs more time in the VFL, then I predict the Ins to be Kreuzer, Graham and Cuningham.

If Murphy is out as well, Smedts.

Thomas can play VFL.

Maybe but I'm calling it here. People need to stop judging on one week. The MC judge players on many many things

This team:

B: Williamson Rowe Plowman
HB: Marchbank Weits Simmo
C: Docs Crippa SPS
HF: Charlie Levi Cunningham
F: SOS Harry Mc Wright

Foll: Kreuz Gibba Murph

IC: Bucks Graham Ed Fisher

In: Kruez, Bucks, Graham, Harry
Out: Phillips, Macreadie, Pickett, Polson

Graham deserves his post
Bucks adds some speed
Harry needs to be blooded
Weits down back
Polson very stiff
Pickett needs a big game at VFL level, Isn't doing enough.

Maybe but I'm calling it here. People need to stop judging on one week. The MC judge players on many many things
Soapy, on this one I cannot agree with you.

Not upgrading Gallucci on the back of a good match against Port in the rain, against 17 year olds last week and a poor match against Williamstown this week. He strings 2-3 good matches against VFL opposition, then absolutely I am for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming the rain stays away...

FB: Plowman - Rowe - Marchbank
HB: Smedts - Weitering - Williamson

C: Docherty - Cripps - Simpson
R: Kreuzer - C Curnow - Gibbs

HF: SPS - Jaksch - Silvagni
FF: McKay - Casboult - Fisher

Int: Cuningham - Polson - Pickett - Macreadie

Emg: Graham, Kerridge, E Curnow

Out: Phillips (Omitted) - White (Omitted) E Curnow (Omitted) Wright (Omitted) Murphy (Inj) -
In: Kreuzer - Jacksh - Smedts - Cuningham - McKay

Soapy, on this one I cannot agree with you.

Not upgrading Gallucci on the back of a good match against Port in the rain, against 17 year olds last week and a poor match against Williamstown this week. He strings 2-3 good matches against VFL opposition, then absolutely I am for it.

Bolton rates him very highly and just wanted him to show he was fit. Just call it a gut feel ;)

Yep. I'd have Smedts and Cunners before Thomas and Kerridge. Cunners in particular. Has to be given a chance to show he's improved.

Thomas though is probably a certainty. Bolton will mention providing experience to the team, especially if Murph doesn't get up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Smelts looked most like an AFL footballer in Saturdays game. Should get the call up

Out of all the midfielders in the NB's this weekend and although he didn't touch it the most, I thought Smedts disposed of it to the best advantage of the team. I don't know what his DE% was, but just about every disposal found a teammate. And yet him not appearing in the bests was an oversight IMO.

Last edited:
Assuming the rain stays away...

FB: Plowman - Rowe - Marchbank
HB: Smedts - Weitering - Williamson

C: Docherty - Cripps - Simpson
R: Kreuzer - C Curnow - Gibbs

HF: SPS - Jaksch - Silvagni
FF: McKay - Casboult - Fisher

Int: Cuningham - Polson - Pickett - Macreadie

Emg: Graham, Kerridge, E Curnow

Out: Phillips (Omitted) - White (Omitted) E Curnow (Omitted) Wright (Omitted) Murphy (Inj) -
In: Kreuzer - Jacksh - Smedts - Cuningham - McKay

Macreadie and SPS appear unlikely to play. Being rested according to Barass70.

Out of all the midfielders in the NB's this weekend and although he didn't touch it the most, I thought Smedts disposed of it to the best advantage of the team. I don't know what his DE% was, but just about every disposal found a teammate. And yet him not appearing in the bests was an oversight IMO.

In his two AFL games it was 82.5% from memory. Harsh that he was dropped IMO. Wasn't physical enough apparently, needed to work on this . Don't know what it was on Saturday though.

If only Graham had some leg speed. He'd be best 22 for sure

This is the big question. Is a player that reads the play very well, tackles well, has plenty of inside 50's, and overall ends up with a ton of possessions, but because he has slow leg speed, can't get a senior game. "Diesel" was slow, and he won two Brownlows.

Anyone know what Rowe's record is on Buddy. Just thinking that A.Silvagni could be considered as a backup in the backline, to help out if Buddy get's the better of Rowey? Who else could play on Buddy if things go pea-shaped on our side?

This is the big question. Is a player that reads the play very well, tackles well, has plenty of inside 50's, and overall ends up with a ton of possessions, but because he has slow leg speed, can't get a senior game. "Diesel" was slow, and he won two Brownlows.
Not a good comparison. If Graham can show in the 1s what he can do in the 2s it would help, so far he hasn't. I think he needs to play as a mid to have any chance.

Think something can be said for keeping the same line up barring any injuries. Understand that we weren't competitive for large parts of Friday night.

But keeping the same line up would be a show of confidence to our young players and ultimately that's what they need after a loss.

That being said would like to Buckley, Smedts, Graham and a couple of others get an opportunity at senior level soon. I've just never been one for chopping and changing the line up each week. Aside from it destabilising the team I think leaving players in for a few weeks gives them a chance to find some rhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back