Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 29th April 2.10PM @ MCG - Team post #802

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm in the camp of leave Harry M in the VFL to get consistency, confidence and make up the ground work he unfortunately missed out on last year. While his stats look somewhat okay, if you read the VFL reports (or if I have read them correctly) he needs to work on his ability to impact/get to more contests and i50 pressure.

Jaksch has a more mature body and has about equal if not better output at VFL level as Harry M. so he should get a go first, all this posturing is just ridiculous.

We're desperate for some tall, mobile skilled KPF and the club won't play him.
Very strange he's been on a decent contract too what a waste of talent and club resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Gibbs & Murphy are fit to play then the only outs I see are Macreadie & SPS along with Kreuzer for Phillips. Bolton will give his players a chance to redeem. Last week is our only real touch up since Bolton arrived. I expect the players to bounce back and it to be a really close game.

The kids like Fisher Polson Pickett aren't tired. They are in experienced. Give them a run at it and it will turn around. Look at Charlie last week as an example.

PS I am still calling Gallucci as my smokey selection this week ;)

Not sure Charlie is the best example...19 disposals, 13 of them turnovers.

Still think we're better off putting him at full forward and letting him fly for a few marks. He can work up the ground if he wants, but shouldn't be taking too many kicks from our defensive 50.

Definitely agree that Gallucci should be in the frame very soon. We need a player in the forward line who actually wants to take a shot at goal. Wright is one of the few who just backs himself in, too many others (looking at Cas and Weiters in particular) look to give the ball off when they should take a shot.

Franklin is a mobile player and Tippett is next to useless. Rowe is definitely an option but Weitering Marchbank White can easily cover any option

Tippett wont be useless if he is playing on Simon White.

Match ups: Rowe on Franklin, Marchbank on Reid, Jones on Tippett.
Weitering is needed forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippett wont be useless if he is playing on Simon White.

Match ups: Rowe on Franklin, Marchbank on Reid, Jones on Tippett.
Weitering is needed forward

Why do you want Jones as a key defender? Had a good game on the weekend as a ruck. We have Weitering Rowe Marchbank Macreadie Plowman White and A.Silvagni all as tall defensive options. Just makes no sense to me

White is actually a good shutdown player and will do a job. It's his disposal that worries me

Not sure Charlie is the best example...19 disposals, 13 of them turnovers.

Still think we're better off putting him at full forward and letting him fly for a few marks. He can work up the ground if he wants, but shouldn't be taking too many kicks from our defensive 50.

Looks very bit a midfielder to me and Friday night even more so. His kicking will improve. Some of the kicks he did showed he has the talent if not something a bit special

Jaksch has a more mature body and has about equal if not better output at VFL level as Harry M. so he should get a go first, all this posturing is just ridiculous.

We're desperate for some tall, mobile skilled KPF and the club won't play him.
Very strange he's been on a decent contract too what a waste of talent and club resources.

Says it all to me

Why do you want Jones as a key defender? Had a good game on the weekend as a ruck. We have Weitering Rowe Marchbank Macreadie Plowman White and A.Silvagni all as tall defensive options. Just makes no sense to me

White is actually a good shutdown player and will do a job. It's his disposal that worries me

As we have seen with Sam Rowe virtually being the lynchpin of our defence.. when it comes to structure, size matters.

If we have two legitimately big bodies in defence, it makes life a lot easier for the likes of Plowman and Marchbank who can then play their preferred roles as intercept/rebound defenders.

If Jones can play a tight game on someone like Tippett or a resting ruckman, it means we can allow that matchup to be a one on one, rather than have a third man up which would be the case if he is playing on Plow, Marchbank or Macreadie.

At 26 y.o Jones is now officially in his prime as a KPP, worth giving him another crack

As we have seen with Sam Rowe virtually being the lynchpin of our defence.. when it comes to structure, size matters.

If we have two legitimately big bodies in defence, it makes life a lot easier for the likes of Plowman and Marchbank who can then play their preferred roles as intercept/rebound defenders.

If Jones can play a tight game on someone like Tippett or a resting ruckman, it means we can allow that matchup to be a one on one, rather than have a third man up which would be the case if he is playing on Plow, Marchbank or Macreadie.

At 26 y.o Jones is now officially in his prime as a KPP, worth giving him another crack

Not for me. Not even close JMO

Marchbank and Plowman can just as easily rebound off Tippett and Reid, as neither of them are particularly strong defensively.

Tippett (Rowe), Reid (Marchbank) - leaves Plowman to play looser, and White to play on Buddy higher up the ground.
When Buddy moves deeper in the forward line, Plowman can pick him up and White can zone off to go third man up if required.
Assuming he plays, we also have Macreadie who is more than capable of drifting into contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back