Martin McKay Cuningham
Betts Casboult McGovern

Pittonet Setterfield Gibbons

Simpson Curnow Silvagni Kennedy

Jones takes Dixon
Weitering takes Marshall
With respect, Dixon will towel Jones
Switch the two around, Weiters to Dixon

Kennedy and Jones both said in their interviews that they got the news only after the game last night that we were moving to another resort this morning...anyone know where or why? Would it simply be to move closer to the Gabba?
Teague said it was due to the WA clubs leaving that a resort opened up to get us away from the Bulldogs and North

With respect, Dixon will towel Jones
Switch the two around, Weiters to Dixon

Dunno about that.
Weitering more body to body as against Jones who is more athletic.
Dixon to strong for Weitering in a body to body wrestle where Jones athleticism and leap over the top to spoil will unsettle Dixon.
Conversely, Weitering will be to strong for Marshall in the clinches where he likes it.
Horses for courses in playing our boys to their respective strengths ...

No changes.

While I’m sure Fish is fit and ready he hasn’t played a match or match sim for close to two weeks. Same goes for the rest of the squad. Obviously if there are injures then changes are made accordingly. If we were being thumped ditto. But we won by 8 goals with a team that worked as a team.

Play the guys who have ks in their legs.

The week after is different because apparently we’re playing a scratch match against the Saints at some point next week.

All that said, if Murph doesn’t get up then Fish plays.

Last edited:
No changes.

While I’m sure Fish is fit and ready he hasn’t played a match or match sim for close to two weeks. Same goes for the rest of the squad. Obviously if there are injures then changes are made accordingly. If we were being thumped ditto. But we won by 8 goals with a team that worked as a team.

Play the guys who have ks in their legs.

The week after is different because apparently we’re playing a scratch match against the Saints at some point next week.

All that said, if Murph doesn’t get up then Fish plays.

Agreed.

Reward the guys for the big win...i think everyone played a role which teague and players have said in interviews.

Tough on JSOS but our balance up forward was so good with Martin up there...just as good as JSOS in the air or even better, but so good at ground level and quick.

We have this luxury because of kennedy and setterfield getting the job done in the middle. So on balance id keep kennedy in at JSOS' expense.

Fish as well unlucky but no spot for him unless murphy doesn't play...

Keeps the pressure on the the guys in the 22 to perform.

Fish and jsos potentially get a look in the week after when we travel to WA and rest a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly my thoughts on the changes. I think Newnes has had a block of 5 weeks now and isn't our future would much rather have Walsh & O'Brien on the wings. Fishers run will also be very handy.
dont use future as excuse for replacing someone - that's f.n crazy -- if you think LOB offers more than newnes swap -- o said it before dogs games - demographics say should win - we have been able to play our oldest side except a couple consistently - if we lose 4-2 play kids if we win 3-3 keep winning -- so don't look future any in must improve side nothing to do with age -- if LOB want to leave for opportunity his choice

Sorry just my opinion, and I may get potted for this, but please not Polson. He is not up to it at this level. Been on our list for 3 or 4 years, and every time has had an error-ridden game to our detriment. Playing him in defence would be a disaster. Don't know why they persist with him on our list.
His best game ever was against port 🤗

I doubt Teague will make any changes unless it is based around injury

If Cripps and Murphy don't get up, bring in LOB and Fisher, will also suit Port's run

The likes of Newnes will stay in the side, once again he played his role, although, wasn't as safe as the other back 6
If Cripps doesn’t get up I reckon JSOS comes in. But according to Teague his shoulder is fine. Photos on insta show him playing cards today with nothing on the shoulder at all.

I would use Jones on Dixon and Weits on Marshall.

Better team match up

I think you got it right here.

If you compare to the Dogs game...we had Jones on Bruce and Weitering on Schache. Bruce is more like Dixon and Schache like Marshall.

Having said that Weitering played on the likes of King and Hawkins, so he does get big guys...my guess is he'll take the big guys if they are slow, but Bruce is quite agile and quick and Jones gets those types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back