Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton v Port Sunday 19th July 1.05PM @ the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoying
Unfortunately we had to catch the red eye special the same time last week to head up to Metricon to play Gold Coast.
Not good at all but saves the AFL some $$$ I guess
I am expecting us to get reamed today.
I'm hope we show up.
Its games like this were things seem to be leaning in our favour we get blasted in the 1st qtr.

I'm still scarred from years gone by.

Last edited:

We can’t yet...Port are mid flight, probably flying over Broken Hill at the moment.

Just bounce it real bloody high :)

I won't wish you good luck but I will hope for a good game with both sides giving it 100%.

Will be 23 degrees and a very slight breeze in Brisbane today.
Wish I was there.

For those of you not aware, if you type /places you get the BOM beta site with more info.

The way the footy world is talking you'd think the Port team will have to scale several mountains, swim thru lava, then crawl thru broken glass just to make it to the game.

All they have to do is get out of bed a bit early ffs. It won't be THAT big of a factor.

It makes for a big day though. What did they claim -

Up at 4.30 am isn't part of a normal routine.
Flying 2.5 hours on the day of a game, also isn't part of a normal routine.

There's more bad that can come about for it, than any good.
It may not play out that way, but it's pretty clear that their day is tougher than normal.

The way the footy world is talking you'd think the Port team will have to scale several mountains, swim thru lava, then crawl thru broken glass just to make it to the game.

All they have to do is get out of bed a bit early ffs. It won't be THAT big of a factor.
We have to bus it from Gold Coast.....more of a hill than a mountain I know but just sayin..... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have 3 forced outs; suspension and two injuries. Not omitted. And a second week with an extremely early start to their game day at around 4:30am (according to David King).

A couple of small early advantages.

Bring the same hunger as last week and we’re in with a good chance.

Feel the two teams match up really well against each other. Given the travel arrangements, looks like a 50/50 game to me.

If we can nullify both Dixon and Gray and break even in the middle - and I think we have the players to do so - then that will go a long way towards us winning.

I'm hope we show up.
Its games like this were things seem to be leaning in our favour we get blasted in the 1st qtr.

I'm still scarred from years gone by.
i think our boys will not take this one lightly. they are on top of ladder. waking up 4:30 am will not make too much difference imo. just a slight inconvenience. didnt they win under simalr arrangment last week?

It may not play out that way, but it's pretty clear that their day is tougher than normal.
Just hope Russell isn’t commentating, we’ll be reminded of this ad nauseum, especially if things start going south for them. He’s bad enough when we’re playing other clubs.

I do this type of early bird travel for work fairly often and there’s no way that this is an ideal preparation.

Sure some players will be unaffected but there’s 22 players, so only takes a few players to be at 80-90% for Port as a whole to be off by 2-3% and that could have a major impact.

I do this type of early bird travel for work fairly often and there’s no way that this is an ideal preparation.

Sure some players will be unaffected but there’s 22 players, so only takes a few players to be at 80-90% for Port as a whole to be off by 2-3% and that could have a major impact.

Agree a lovely catch up power nap should take place on a 2.5 hr flight, they’ll be fine on landing.

No Lycett and the flights is positive

Win this and we have North next week the media will be all over us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back