Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton v Port Sunday 19th July 1.05PM @ the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
question: are you retrofitting previous rds after each round? So basically have to recalc the whole thing each round. So your assumption that we are stand to win 18 and lose only -1 is not correct, as the ladder will change after the round....EDIT: okay, Port will likely still be top when we beat them, so your assumption is correct. Though I am going to assume we win by a bajillion points to knock their percentage down.

Or should each round be based upon what the ladder is before that round? How to deal with rd 1 in that case.

As I see it, you have two ways of doing this. Use the ladder after the latest rd, to populate the data for each round, or use the ladder prior to each round, to populate the data for that round.

I just used the ladder as of Round 6 to determine the points system. That way, there's a bigger sample size to work from. If I were to re-do the Form Ladder next week, I'd base the points system off of the Round 7 ladder. It means that it'd take a lot of work to update on a weekly basis, but it also means that each week, the sample size gets bigger and the quality of wins/losses becomes more accurate.

CFC can do it...
The team is actually fit and hungry....meaning we can go for 4 quarters of sustained pressure ....
Efficiency has also been good ...
We have a solid bck 6...and nasty attack...that can damage

Key is base fitness and efficiency ...will be looking for big effort on Port....
Cripps and Murphy. ..this time to play well

Get the Train rolling
If we can put this one away it sets us right up for a tilt at the top 4 with North and Dawks to follow, big chance to really set up our finals chances, go hard Blue boys.

People been worried about cunningham being quiet last two weeks -- I expect him to be released in the middle more this week to get some speed around the ball -- he will have an influence this week
I’m not worried about him at all as he has been playing a different role the last 2 weeks and overall has done it pretty well, you might be right and it might be his turn to get into the rotations this week just like they have done with Martin, hope so would love to see him replicate his performance in that role this week would be great for our future.

We haven’t lost more than 2 in a row since Teague took over and that was once last year and then we lost the last game last year and the first this and that’s the only 2 times we have lost more than one game on the trot.

Just as important as winning 3 in a row for mine which we have done once so far, that to me shows just how resilient this team has been and how much we have improved and matured. Let’s hope we can now get on a run it is definitely coming just a matter of when not if for mine.

soooo many of my closest and most annoying mates barrack for Port, so I would LOVE to win this one
I want to win just to see Kane Cornes reaction as it will be priceless, thinks his team and coach’s crap doesn’t stink ol Kano, let’s show Kane how bad it does stink, give em hell Blue Boys.

soooo many of my closest and most annoying mates barrack for Port, so I would LOVE to win this one
how did you let that happen?

People been worried about cunningham being quiet last two weeks -- I expect him to be released in the middle more this week to get some speed around the ball -- he will have an influence this week
I watched the game again, he may not have got many possessions but I thought Cuningham was very good. He really did some very good things and set up quite a few positive plays for us. I guess the issue is that only so many players can play through the middle and I like the things he can do forward, he just isn’t going to get high possession games playing forward.

Met him once. Was at my mates nightclub about 15years ago.

He was here for some promotional tour. My mate introduced me to him. Was nice enough. A bit off his face to be honest.

He said "Call me Hoff."

I looked at him and said "No Hassle". davidhasselhofftour2019poster_638.jpeg

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our biggest 'weakness' is our inability to play our best footy for 4 quarters week in week out (this is what the best teams are able to do). Our worst is poor, while our best can be anything.
Bring the attitude, the intensity, and aggressiveness each week + the sense of belief and the boys will be able to achieve anything.
Yes, if we are to be ever taken seriously we need to be bringing the intensity every week. These diabolical first quarters need to be very few and far between and certainly not every second or third week.

I know that we will have some disappointing losses this year as well as some great wins, but we need consistency of application.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we match up well on Port this time around. They have a lot of young guns/ mids that can score and that’s the difference.
I like the Port set up the back line the weakest link but that being relative to a highly potent fw line with zippy small medium forwards and dixon dominating. A good midfield. This game will tell us where we are at. I think they deserve the number 1 spot for the moment. Only other team that looks stronger is the pies imo.
If the boys bring the same energy and our mids win the battle we have a chance.

Port have a very short defence, with Clurey being their tallest regular defender @ 193cm
Westhoff can go back of required, but he's slowing down somewhat.

Given good supply, Casboult and McKay could be a real headache for Port.
Good thing also that now, is that we have a couple of creative and dangerous small forwards in Betts and Martin with Gibbons and Cuningham also capable of applying plenty of pressure.

Npw, all we have to do is bring along the same intent we had against The Dogs....That's all. :)

Like the St Kilda game, this is all going to come back to the ruck and mid matchup.

Against St Kilda they had around 30% more clearances, and in particular, 50+% more centre clearances than us.

If we can get first use more than half the time, we'll score heavily. If we're consistently playing in their front half, it'll be much harder.

Good time for Bam Bam and Setters to be building some confidence, and I reckon Pitto will match up better against Lycett than Marshall. If Cripps can work his way back to something close to 80% output as well, that should tip the scales well and truly. Danger for me is Rockliff coming back in with a point to prove after being dropped, but we'll see.

If we can put this one away it sets us right up for a tilt at the top 4 with North and Dawks to follow, big chance to really set up our finals chances, go hard Blue boys.
I can't set myself up for a fall, so not assuming anything.
But has anyone else noticed a change in how they perceive the team when thinking about them?
I am getting a very powerful picture of strength and unity.
Might be just equine fancy or maybe we are really on the way up.
Finals?
Why the hec not!

I can't set myself up for a fall, so not assuming anything.
But has anyone else noticed a change in how they perceive the team when thinking about them?
I am getting a very powerful picture of strength and unity.
Might be just equine fancy or maybe we are really on the way up.
Finals?
Why the hec not!
Horse sense......

Couldn't agree more....This is a year where we can certainly dare to dream.

I have watched an awful lot of games this year (ask my wife) and we are as good as any and better than most
when full steam ahead......DREAM BIG'!!!

BTW a high percentage of those games where AWFUL .

That crap defensive play will not win a flag and thank God we dont play it under DT.

Horse sense......

Couldn't agree more....This is a year where we can certainly dare to dream.

I have watched an awful lot of games this year (ask my wife) and we are as good as any and better than most
when full steam ahead......DREAM BIG'!!!

BTW a high percentage of those games where AWFUL .

That crap defensive play will not win a flag and thank God we dont play it under DT.
God I love Teaguey.

Love the attitude of the boys. We gotta keep this club feeling around the place, even when we lose but such a great atmosphere building.

I actually think the great atmosphere at the club has been helped greatly by the girls they have a similar buy in, seemed to have it first actually.

As for this game on the weekend. Good running teams worry me with our current set up. It's almost like we need a little more size to shut it down properly as one broken tackle and they're out.
Geelong's 4th qtr as a much heavier run game. The dogs played a runn heavy game until we got clearly on top in the last, St Kilda are a run heavy team too.

I like our height forward and if Levi/Harry combine for 9 goals we win.

If Port can lock the ball in their forward line and hurt us on the counter attack they win.

We can do this, bring on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back