Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2 May 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1104

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell you what, there's a lot of people taking cheap shots at some of our players here. It's very poor. I'm sure that these players people like calling out have more courage and toughness in their little fingers than what the heroes taking the shots at them have ever displayed. Weak as piss honestly.

😂 mate why do think he was dropped!? How many contests did he pull out of last week (again) when he could of impacted them!?

Apparently we are all weak because we aren’t AFL players? Come to work with me daily and let me know if I have any courage/toughness..

I'm with ya, reckon they've been dropped.

Although there are players ahead of Williams that I believe deserved to get the axe there's no doubt he's been ordinary.

At the game last week I noticed off the ball he was panting early stages. I reckon his fitness is still not where it needs to be and I reckon that has contributed to a lot of his mistakes. He cost us 2 goals directly from lack of awareness and carelessness.

I like that Teague has finally put his foot down. One thing Betts has over Murphy is he still chases and applies that forward pressure.

Sps getting dropped hopefully is the kick up the back side he needs.

Dow played well against * in the practice game so could be a factor why he got picked.

Parks being in, should see him take Stringer.

Happy to see Owies getting a go too he's put in a decent effort in the 2s so it isn't undeserved.
Betts pressure is like eye candy, in reality if he does on the off chance stick a tackle the opponents easily free their arms.

Like the changes a lot. Owies has been playing consistently well at VFL level and deserves another shot, Parks looked comfortable and set the tone in his first couple of games and Dow is rewarded for a reserves form.

Cant understate Murphy’s (effective) omission. MC putting their foot down.

Senior players don't go back to learn, they go back to play themselves into form and Murphy could get better if he was made to play at that level. You don't learn confidence, touch and skill, you regain them by playing at a level that allows that.

At least that's what i expect the ressies are for.
Murphy ain't learning nothing in the twos.

I notice there is no right up of the team selection on the Carlton web site.
Looks like they are keeping a low profile.
This will be a very interesting game to see how it unfolds and what the players deliver.

Just want to see 4 quarters of intensity. Bring the heat and we will win. Also praying our skill level is on point as it has been extremely wayward. Cant handle losing to *. Please Carlton, send me to work tomorrow with a huge smile on my face, i work with too many * scumbag supporters

😂 mate why do think he was dropped!? How many contests did he pull out of last week (again) when he could of impacted them!?

Apparently we are all weak because we aren’t AFL players? Come to work with me daily and let me know if I have any courage/toughness..
this s**t again.....grow up

I can’t agree more, where is their sympathy for us! I really feel this will get worse before it improves. Have a strong feeling the footy department will be tweaked in the off season and we will have a big 2022.
I think so as well. The thing is we and everyone in general knows we have to make changes not just demand wins. It obviously has not worked with the team as is. Some of us in here carry on like parents of an under 12 kid that has been dropped.

This is the premier competition played by adult professionals and the club and everyone through to the playing group should be accountable to its members.

Given you want him in the guts (not wing) how do you want to mathematically divide the time?

only 3 players can be in a centre square set up (bar the ruckman). Which means there’s 300 percent of game time to divide.

Most mature mids play 80-85 percent game time.

I presume you want Cripps playing 80-85? How do you want the other 215 divided amongst the bevy of players this forum screams out for to play on ball?

“Dow has to play on ball or we will wrec him. “. “Stocker should olay on ball.” “Cunners should play on ball.” “Wd should tag on ball.” “Walsh has to play in the guts.”

These are not your comments (although you made the first. But it’s the pile on of this forum.

So I reckon the EASY bit is to say “play such and such” in the guts.” And the way harder but is to map out how it works.

So interested in your (and others’) thoughts on the maths of the 300.

Cheers.

Couldn't agree more. The coaches need to work out who our 4 best centre square midfielders are and play them. (3 on the field and 1 on bench for rotation). If other blokes can only play centre square and not other positions and they aren't in the best 4 than they can sit in the ressies. No good us picking 7 blokes who only play centre square then when they play s**t going oh he is being played out of position.
1. Walsh
2. Cripps
3. Curnow (At this stage but would like him moved on)
4. Not sure but either Dow, Setters, Stocker, SPS whoever takes the opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't agree more. The coaches need to work out who our 4 best centre square midfielders are and play them. (3 on the field and 1 on bench for rotation). If other blokes can only play centre square and not other positions and they aren't in the best 4 than they can sit in the ressies. No good us picking 7 blokes who only play centre square then when they play sh*t going oh he is being played out of position.
1. Walsh
2. Cripps
3. Curnow (At this stage but would like him moved on)
4. Not sure but either Dow, Setters, Stocker, SPS whoever takes the opportunity.
Not sure why it’s so bad that Stocker plays back. He’s a thumping kick. Tough. Good overhead. Calm. Good one on one. I have zero gripe with him playing out the year in the backline. He’s good at it.

An MCG clash against Essendon is not a game you would rest a required player in.

If Williams has an injury, why report it as general soreness?

Murph was definitely one of the worse as far as leaving his opponent unattended.

Accountability not high on his agenda.
Neither is playing in the Mcgoos.

Given you want him in the guts (not wing) how do you want to mathematically divide the time?

only 3 players can be in a centre square set up (bar the ruckman). Which means there’s 300 percent of game time to divide.

Most mature mids play 80-85 percent game time.

I presume you want Cripps playing 80-85? How do you want the other 215 divided amongst the bevy of players this forum screams out for to play on ball?

“Dow has to play on ball or we will wrec him. “. “Stocker should olay on ball.” “Cunners should play on ball.” “Wd should tag on ball.” “Walsh has to play in the guts.”

These are not your comments (although you made the first. But it’s the pile on of this forum.

So I reckon the EASY bit is to say “play such and such” in the guts.” And the way harder but is to map out how it works.

So interested in your (and others’) thoughts on the maths of the 300.

Cheers.
This is what drives me insane

Maybe it's more about telling the others what's acceptable effort and concentration.
Smurph thinks he’s too good to play Magoos. He is just another player so what’s good for others is good for him. One of the underlying problems at our club giving special treatment to some.

I hope you are right mate
I wish I had the confidence to put money on us, but I don't... ha ha
Almost toss of coin game but surely we are due a win.
Lions pumped Port and as frustrating as last week was, we still only lost by 3 goals from stupid mistakes to Lions so we are not that bad, if the coaches actually picked the team structure in a way we more likely to produce our best. If we lose to this mob it is basically saying we are not even a middle of ladder team.
As angry as I am in what we been producing for 12 months, I cannot believe we are bad enough that we lose here too. We should win and be placed in about 9th or 10th spot tonight which would be a reflection of how we been so far this season.
My only hope for season is to win today and hopefully get back Silvagni, Martin, TDK and Zac Williams in coming weeks and start to remove the Newnes, Casboults and McGovern from the team as I believe we got much better upside in guys not played in positions those guys have been letting us down in.
We have to win today, or the season is probably curtains.
2-5 is just too much to make up with Fisher and Curnow months away from playing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back