Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2 May 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1104

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I AM CARLTON

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure why it’s so bad that Stocker plays back. He’s a thumping kick. Tough. Good overhead. Calm. Good one on one. I have zero gripe with him playing out the year in the backline. He’s good at it.

Yeah got no problem with Stocker playing in the backlines although I would love to see him in the middle. Whether he is good is too early to tell.
My main point is agreeing with you though we can't keep picking heaps of centre square only players. If a player can play multiple positions sweet but it appears both Setterfield & Dow can't at this stage so they need to establish themselve as 1 of the 4 best centre square players if they want to be in the team.

Koutamightafides

All Australian
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I wish I had the confidence to put money on us, but I don't... ha ha
Almost toss of coin game but surely we are due a win.
Lions pumped Port and as frustrating as last week was, we still only lost by 3 goals from stupid mistakes to Lions so we are not that bad, if the coaches actually picked the team structure in a way we more likely to produce our best. If we lose to this mob it is basically saying we are not even a middle of ladder team.
As angry as I am in what we been producing for 12 months, I cannot believe we are bad enough that we lose here too. We should win and be placed in about 9th or 10th spot tonight which would be a reflection of how we been so far this season.
My only hope for season is to win today and hopefully get back Silvagni, Martin, TDK and Zac Williams in coming weeks and start to remove the Newnes, Casboults and McGovern from the team as I believe we got much better upside in guys not played in positions those guys have been letting us down in.
We have to win today, or the season is probably curtains.
2-5 is just too much to make up with Fisher and Curnow months away from playing again.
💯

jelly

Senior List
Oct 20, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
😂 mate why do think he was dropped!? How many contests did he pull out of last week (again) when he could of impacted them!?

Apparently we are all weak because we aren’t AFL players? Come to work with me daily and let me know if I have any courage/toughness..
When you get a nasty cut at work do you patch it up and keep working?

😂 mate why do think he was dropped!? How many contests did he pull out of last week (again) when he could of impacted them!?

Apparently we are all weak because we aren’t AFL players? Come to work with me daily and let me know if I have any courage/toughness..

It's weak yes, regardless of how big and strong you are and how tough you think you are. Regardless of it all, he's survived how many years of AFL Football, a couple of bad injuries due to having the courage to put his head over the ball and from the cheap seats you call 'soft'. That is the poor and objectionable part.
Comment on the fact he's at the end and is in decline, that's fine but to want to just pile it on him is extremely weak.

Last edited:
It's weak yes, regardless of how big and strong you are and how tough you think you are. Regardless of it all, he's survived how many years of AFL Football, a couple of bad injuries due to having the courage to put his head over the ball and from the cheap seats you call 'soft'. That is the poor and objectionable part.
Comment oin the fact he's at the end and is in decline, that's fine but to want to just pile it on him is extremely weak.
I'm tipping he lifts heavy things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smurph thinks he’s too good to play Magoos. He is just another player so what’s good for others is good for him. One of the underlying problems at our club giving special treatment to some.

Where are we getting this from or have people just been making stuff up to suit a narrative? Nowhere but here have I heard this story.

koutaaa

Cancelled
Jul 2, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Comment oin the fact he's at the end and is in decline, that's fine but to want to just pile it on him is extremely weak.

My comments were directed at sps. Murphy may have been a poor comparison on my behalf but these aren’t cheap shots at sps, it’s fact.

no fate

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Possibilities for today:
1) We lose by a lot. Fans demand blood and club will have to listen. Finals out of reach.
2) We lose by a little. See 1), except doubtful that club will listen.
3) We win by a little. Fans' war over selections and coaching rages on. Finals hopes still alive if we can turn it around on the field.
4) We win by a lot, or in extraordinary circumstances. Fans can be happy for a week. Finals possible if we can reproduce the performance in later weeks.
Hoping for 4) and will happily accept 3), but a big part of me expecting 2). Nervous.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep, the comments by some of the mouthbreathers that haven't kicked a footy since Auskick toward someone that's smashed their body for the club & jersey are ******* laughable.
Past his best? Sure
Poor defensively? Yep.
Done more for our club than the rest of us combined? Absolutely.

I don't really get this mentality BJ.

As a members, surely we are entitled to have an opinion on players no? What relevance does what level of footy any of us played have? On that basis, BF would be a pretty quiet place. Weird logic.

You know who did plenty for their club? Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis, Luke Hodge and Grant Birchall. I'll just leave it there...

My comments were directed at sps. Murphy may have been a poor comparison on my behalf but these aren’t cheap shots at sps, it’s fact.

You compared him to Murphy in having a go at him and calling him soft. 'As soft as Murphy' would seem to me to be a cheap shot at both players,
It doesn't change the fact that it's a cheap shot, the players' name doesn't make any difference, you missed the point if you think this is the defence of one player. You can't say being 'soft' is a fact. You might say that your opinion is that he doesn't go in after the ball hard enough I guess, but that is different to calling someone 'soft'.

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Where are we getting this from or have people just been making stuff up to suit a narrative? Nowhere but here have I heard this story.
its based on what i've heard on here and my impression of the situation based on him never playing there. what other reason could there be for a player that has played nearly 300 games and not on one occasion has he played in the ressies? other clubs like hawks have dropped guys like roughhead and hodge to their ressies. I dont see why some of our players cant when there is reason to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back