Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2 May 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1104

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
its based on what i've heard on here and my impression of the situation based on him never playing there. what other reason could there be for a player that has played nearly 300 games and not on one occasion has he played in the ressies? other clubs like hawks have dropped guys like roughhead and hodge to their ressies. I dont see why some of our players cant when there is reason to do so.
So you had a guess?
Pretty piss poor.

its based on what i've heard on here and my impression of the situation based on him never playing there. what other reason could there be for a player that has played nearly 300 games and not on one occasion has he played in the ressies? other clubs like hawks have dropped guys like roughhead and hodge to their ressies. I dont see why some of our players cant when there is reason to do so.

Okay, so it's an assumption. That's all i needed to know, thanks.

well can you at least tell us why that never seems to happen at our club?

It doesn't happen all too often with the best players anyway. It's not just 'our club'. For every name you give me I could probably give you the name of a dozen people from all clubs that have never played reserves.

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It doesn't happen all too often with the best players anyway. It's not just 'our club'. For every name you give me I could probably give you the name of a dozen people from all clubs that have never played reserves.
are you happy with murphs defensive efforts lately? plenty of experts in media have highlighted this as a concern. how should this be addressed? giving him a rest or play in ressies to focus on improving this aspect.

are you happy with murphs defensive efforts lately? plenty of experts in media have highlighted this as a concern. how should this be addressed? giving him a rest or play in ressies to focus on improving this aspect.

I do think he needs a rest, yes, as far as defensive efforts go, it's not what he's there for otherwise he'd never be selected at this stage of his career. If you're sending him back to the reserves to work on that I'd think you'd be wasting your time.He won't be first picked every week when we have a broader list of players to select from. Nobody really is pushing up from the reserves to replace him, he still serves a purpose.

Also, I really don't pay any attention to what the media says, they don't know much more than we do, what they do talk about is 90% opinion, not much based on fact. Which is fine, they have a job to do,, it's all speculation unless you're actually involved at the club and know what's going on.

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Well Teague kept Eddie in a job this year with the worst contract extension in history, now its time for Eddie to return the favour and keep Teague in a job by kicking some goals today

Because if he doesn't and we lose, Teague and Eddie may as well start planning their 2022 together

BlueZombie

All Australian
Aug 7, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Australian Cricket team
We should prioritize taking AMT out of the game early - put the right opponent on him to shadow and negate. Figures might not back it up but it seems he usually does well against us. Must stop him.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Well Teague kept Eddie in a job this year with the worst contract extension in history, now its time for Eddie to return the favour and keep Teague in a job by kicking some goals today

Because if he doesn't and we lose, Teague and Eddie may as well start planning their 2022 together
Not far off but in Eddie's defense, let's remember he has only come back from injury recently and may take a few games to get his touch. But I'd be just as happy to see Owies or Durdin kick a few goals a week and keep him out. Seeing development in our younger players is where it is at for me.
But yeah, if Eddie kicked no goals today and hardly touched it and we lost, Teague making a rod for his own back in sticking with certain guys through a lot of thin...

Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
If it is he's gonna have his bloody hands full - but I agree: good baptism of fire for the kid!
Docherty too loose, Plowman will go to Stringer and most likely not nimble enough, we want Saad to provide run and not strong enough in the contest.

At least Parks will concentrate and stick tight but most importantly he can hurt with his physicality either with tackle or bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back