AFL Autopsy Rnd 7: Done by the Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh was THE difference, McKay had fu** all bearing on the the result but, do agree he's the next superstar.

Who else was going to draw free kicks/take marks/create scoring opportunities?

If Walsh doesn't play they probably still win. If McKay isn't out there where are the 4 goals coming from? How much easier is it to kill those contests.

It reminded me so much of Lloyd today. Played like s**t, mostly, but his presence bought him shots on goal.

Who else was going to draw free kicks/take marks/create scoring opportunities?

If Walsh doesn't play they probably still win. If McKay isn't out there where are the 4 goals coming from? How much easier is it to kill those contests.

It reminded me so much of Lloyd today. Played like sh*t, mostly, but his presence bought him shots on goal.
Walsh was impressive. Im not sure the ball goes forward that often for them to win without him. He's overtaken Cripps as their inside gun.

Not so disappointed to lose today other than it being to the Scum, but disappointing the way we had goals kicked on us. We just have to get better at avoiding turnovers and defending on the turnover.

But how's them kids. Really pleased Jones wasn't dropped as felt he had a game like today's in him. Perkins getting better. Cox ok. Bryan good on debut. Just need to get some games into Reid somehow which could be tricky with Stewart back. Would have been better to play BZT than Stewart today. Stewart needed some game time. Would also like to see some more pace coming off half back. I like Guelfi but would like to see some dash from him.

Walsh was impressive. Im not sure the ball goes forward that often for them to win without him. He's overtaken Cripps as their inside gun.
Walsh killed us, a rolls Royce that one.

always bothers me that a handful of their players will put in top shelf performances against us then go missing all year
SPS, Owies, Cunningham
pah!
Nah, happens to every club. All supporters bemoan this when they lose. Pies supporters were saying the same about Parish.

Nah, happens to every club. All supporters bemoan this when they lose. Pies supporters were saying the same about Parish.
Cunningham does nothing all year but beat us. We're like Goodes to his Bolton.
I imagine given how bad we generally defend the wing to our HF line is why he does so well. So much space for his pace to burn us.

frustrates me even when we beat them.

Parish is at least a gun. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the * can somebody be called “Owies”?

What sort of a name is that? How many generations do you let it go before you say “ok clearly it was something like Howard and we had an ancestor who couldn’t *in talk properly or something, let’s change it to something normal”

Seriously? “Owies”???

Still sucks to lose but we could easily be 5-2. The Port game was a blowout & Lions killed us for a half. Other than that we have been more than competitive.

We now have ruck depth, KPPs for the next decade. Add another midfielder or two (hopefully retain Merrett) and we are building something good.

Watching Bryan, Perkins, Cox & Jones is as exciting as 1993. Our recruiters hit gold this year. So glad they went for the best available talent rather than just going midfielders. Plus we have a coach not afraid to back the players in and it shows in their confidence.

Best 22 not playing

Curnow
Martin
Williams
Fisher
De Konning
Newman
Marchbank
JSOS
Marchbank, De Konning, Curnow and even JSOS are speculative. We are missing Hurley, Shiel, Caldwell and Draper.
I dunno, a good win for Carlton but you are a long way off the top 6 or so teams. Cannot understand why Setterfield isn’t playing. Surely he is the future and you pump games into him.

Marchbank, De Konning, Curnow and even JSOS are speculative. We are missing Hurley, Shiel, Caldwell and Draper.
I dunno, a good win for Carlton but you are a long way off the top 6 or so teams. Cannot understand why Setterfield isn’t playing. Surely he is the future and you pump games into him.

Needs to play inside to be at his best and hard with Cripps, Curnow etc

Essendon should have got him instead of Shiel, would have been cheaper and suited your midfield well, plus he wanted to go there.

Isn’t Setterfield working back from injury? Played VFL yesterday.

Thought we were the much better side the first half but Carlton probably better over the four quarters.

I don’t understand why we didn’t get centre bounce ruck free kicks. Pittonet was running past the ball to block Bryan’s jump all day.

Hooker’s valuable as our only big forward but jeez he’s so slow that his opponent is like a loose man offensively for much of the game.

How good are the kids going. Watching big Cox just wheel around on the opposite foot is unreal.

You’d think Cripps has to sign quick coz he just isn’t good anymore.

Holding the ball/incorrect disposal is just a raffle. Can’t believe they paid that mark to Fogarty or whoever it was in the pocket.

Laverde just keeps getting better every week.

Needs to play inside to be at his best and hard with Cripps, Curnow etc

Essendon should have got him instead of Shiel, would have been cheaper and suited your midfield well, plus he wanted to go there.
I agree. And at the time I wanted Setterfield as well as he could have developed alongside McGrath. However, I didn’t anticipate Setterfield to regress this year. I thought he would consolidate himself along side Cripps and Walsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back