Game Day Rnd 7 NM v Adel - Rootopia!

Remove this Banner Ad

I am kind of glad tbis has happened.

We have now been exposed in that we struggle against a physical strong team and our forward line falls apart when we can't get clean ball into them.

Happy because it is round seven, we will end the round top or second but still have time to work on this.

We were due a loss and such a humiliating one is better than losing marginally and brushing it off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It also showed some pressure fractures in defence. Some footballers can't handle pressure possessions.

If you can't see that as an anomaly and expect it means our season is gone, there is no point continuing this conversation because you aren't talking rationally.
It's not an anomaly.

We've been blown to smithereens in first quarters before. The last two semi finals were lost by quarter time.

By all means, we can lose a game. Not going to win 22 on the bounce. But to get absolutely rag-dolled, toyed with, humiliated, bullied and brushed aside by the 15th ranked team needs to be a slap in the face for the club.

THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO A GENUINELY GOOD TEAM

Ergo, we aren't genuinely good. So don't keep picking the same blokes. They have proven that they aren't good enough and we cannot continue to sink games into them.

If you can't see that as an anomaly and expect it means our season is gone, there is no point continuing this conversation because you aren't talking rationally.

Obviously you're a better supporter than me I guess!

It's not an anomaly.

We've been blown to smithereens in first quarters before. The last two semi finals were lost by quarter time.

By all means, we can lose a game. Not going to win 22 on the bounce. But to get absolutely rag-dolled, toyed with, humiliated, bullied and brushed aside by the 15th ranked team needs to be a slap in the face for the club.

THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO A GENUINELY GOOD TEAM

Ergo, we aren't genuinely good. So don't keep picking the same blokes. They have proven that they aren't good enough and we cannot continue to sink games into them.
We smashed the other premiership faves by 10 goals too, does this mean they aren't good either? What a strawman argument, usually you're better than that.

While we were beaten fair and square, I hope the North supporters enjoyed watching Waite considering he'll be taking a spell for the next few weeks.
Do you think that was a sling? Just looked like one action to me.

It's not an anomaly but it doesn't mean our season is over. We have plenty of weeks to fix the issues we saw today. I hope we do, because we didn't last year when the same thing happened

Ah you're one of those soft types, you'd probably dob your neighbours into the gestapo.
And you'd be around straight away no doubt.
Please show me where i said today was acceptable, it's not.
Some on here are just overreacting including you. It's ok to demand we play better but the season and club can't be written off on one game ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look man obviously you think today's effort and result was ok!

Expectation in this regard is the top team going and getting the job done! Ok
As we all expected them to do so....
not only did we lose, we got absolutely destroyed by a team that's not gonna play finals.
How you can defend this is ridiculous and how you can criticise me for saying the ******* truth is ridiculous.
Never said today's effort was good, actually explicitly said it wasn't in an earlier post. There is no truth in your posts, it's just all emotional crap which is typical after a loss.

Never said today's effort was good, actually explicitly said it wasn't in an earlier post. There is no truth in your posts, it's just all emotional crap which is typical after a loss.
You said it was an anomaly, which means you think it's not worth worrying about

Pretty disappointed in our leaders today. Not bothered as much by the score, but more bothered by the leaders lack of direction in the first quarter when the game was lost. Tex needs to lead by example instead of being a bad sported flog giving away free kicks. Would like to see Sloane join him as a dual captain or sole captain next year if this continues.

Adelaide has the home ground advantage of Adelaide Oval, North has Blundstone. Weather conditions in Hobart not the best this time of year but surely not to the tune of a 10 goal, 1st qtr...
Kangas wanted it more. Their tactics were also effective.
Still, shocked Crows looked so far off the pace.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We smashed the other premiership faves by 10 goals too, does this mean they aren't good either? What a strawman argument, usually you're better than that.
Yes it means they have some issues too and shouldn't rest on their laurels.

What is absolutely crucial is that the catastrophic embarrassing losses that highlight our flaws don't get written off as anomalies.

Again, mate that wasn't a loss that was disgusting! Pure and simple
Yeh emotional it's ******* normal, some of us care!

You can be disappointed, but thinking this will have any affect on where we finish this year is just plain reactionary.

There is a chance we lose our mojo and start to be more inconsistent, with less players able to perform at a high level as they lose confidence in their team mates.
It's pretty common for the early pacesetters to fail when it matters.

Again, mate that wasn't a loss that was disgusting! Pure and simple
Yeh emotional it's ******* normal, some of us care!

Being emotional doesn't mean you care more. It just means you're emotional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back