Game Day Rnd 7 NM v Adel - Rootopia!

Yes it means they have some issues too and shouldn't rest on their laurels.

What is absolutely crucial is that the catastrophic embarrassing losses that highlight our flaws don't get written off as anomalies.

If our coaches don't see the similarities between today's game and matches like R23 last year, they aren't qualified to be coaches

Being emotional doesn't mean you care more. It just means you're emotional.
Surely emotion and "care factor" go hand in hand though. Any and every Crows fan is going to be disappointed from that. That's an emotion.

I hope our fans are angry/disappointed with that. As a supporter base, we don't accept mediocrity.

There are fans that go feral after a loss, but it's not the ones upset by the performance.

It's the self appointed thought police who take it upon themselves to have tantrums at the rest of the fan base, and try to enforce a standard of what they're allowed to think as fans of our club.

TrainRoo32

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVERPOOOL
Being emotional doesn't mean you care more. It just means you're emotional.

Ah well thanks mate, good to know we have a few mental health professionals on this board.

My reaction/initial post was absolutely reasonable and rational. After that disgusting first quarter!
The rest were a back and forth with someone challenging that

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Can the club now finally confront our weakness under pressure? Finally, is now the time, please? The odds aren't good.

It's not that we're weak under pressure. It's that normally we're the ones applying the pressure.

Our attack on the ball was weak today, absolutely.

But also it shows that our game style needs good conditions to work. Otherwise, the quick hands get fumbly and players move into position for a possession that never comes.

Playing a 1980s type side in 1980s type conditions would be close to our kryptonite.

Hopefully - this game didn't show the rest of the competition that we're completely beatable once you take out Sloane. The Crouch boys were embarrassing.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes it means they have some issues too and shouldn't rest on their laurels.

What is absolutely crucial is that the catastrophic embarrassing losses that highlight our flaws don't get written off as anomalies.
I didn't say the loss was an anomaly to ignore, it's just the first quarter where we were down by 10 goals which I don't see being replicated in normal conditions.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's not that we're weak under pressure. It's that normally we're the ones applying the pressure.

Our attack on the ball was weak today, absolutely.

But also it shows that our game style needs good conditions to work. Otherwise, the quick hands get fumbly and players move into position for a possession that never comes.

Playing a 1980s type side in 1980s type conditions would be close to our kryptonite.

Hopefully - this game didn't show the rest of the competition that we're completely beatable once you take out Sloane. The Crouch boys were embarrassing.
Brad was ordinary, but Matt was about our only winner in the middle.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
You'd think that sticking around after nearly 2 decades of failing under pressure would be the opposite of front running, but then, you'd have to think.
Front running is cheering when we win and sticking the boots in when we lose ie what you are doing in case you can't comprehend

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I didn't say the loss was an anomaly to ignore, it's just the first quarter where we were down by 10 goals which I don't see being replicated in normal conditions.
How do the conditions impact contested ball, clearances, tackling though?

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do the conditions impact contested ball, clearances, tackling though?
Yup.

Some of our players are clearly mentally weak still.

Belief just disappeared when the pressure mounted and panick set in.

In saying that, I actually liked Hamptons efforts. He attacked every contest with the clear mindset that it wasn't over and tried to make something happen.

Games like these show we still lack that level of class required.

Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Actually no, it would be cheering when we win, and then saying everything is fine when we lose.
Well everything was not fine today I'm sure we can agree on that
If it doesn't happen again we can move on. If it does then things will need to change. Whether they do or not is up to pykey

Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yup.

Some of our players are clearly mentally weak still.

Belief just disappeared when the pressure mounted and panick set in.

In saying that, I actually liked Hamptons efforts. He attacked every contest with the clear mindset that it wasn't over and tried to make something happen.

Games like these show we still lack that level of class required.
I disagree to a point, in that i just don't think we turned up mentally to begin with. Also concerning but easier to fix hopefully

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
It's not an anomaly but it doesn't mean our season is over. We have plenty of weeks to fix the issues we saw today. I hope we do, because we didn't last year when the same thing happened
Organic growth won't find us a big bodied mid. But hey, Tom Rockliff wasn't the type of player we needed according to the club...

CroCop

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
North aren't a bottom side. Should have already beaten Geelong too if they didn't choke.
Plus they didn't have Waite in that game or Mason Wood who I believe can become the best medium forward in the game . Plays the Tom Lynch type role . He had a knee injury mid last year and is his second game back.

Back