Game Day Rnd 7 NM v Adel - Rootopia!

Remove this Banner Ad

One player wouldn't fix a team-wide mental capitulation
Doesn't need to though

There's a flow on effect from having slightly better physicality around the ball. It starts there.

It was a massive mistake to hang onto our draft picks when we have so many players in their prime ready to contend now. Second biggest list management blunder in club history, after the Tippett fiasco.

Doesn't need to though

There's a flow on effect from having slightly better physicality around the ball. It starts there.

It was a massive mistake to hang onto our draft picks when we have so many players in their prime ready to contend now. Second biggest list management blunder in club history, after the Tippett fiasco.

Didn't look like we have "so many players in their prime ready to contend" out there today

Didn't look like we have "so many players in their prime ready to contend" out there today
Our forward line is irrelevant when it is 24-4 in inside 50's. Defence is also irrelevant when it's 24-4.

We knew last season that our midfield was thin and that Sloane desperately needed help. We ignored that for reasons I cannot fathom. Then took comfort in the games Sloane got 3 Brownlow votes as a sign that all was well. The same problems exist.

Luckily there seems to be fewer teams this season who will be able to expose our midfield weakness.

Look man obviously you think today's effort and result was ok!

Expectation in this regard is the top team going and getting the job done! Ok
As we all expected them to do so....
not only did we lose, we got absolutely destroyed by a team that's not gonna play finals.
How you can defend this is ridiculous and how you can criticise me for saying the ******* truth is ridiculous.

When we were 3 goals down I thought here we go we'll switch on now, but the mythical game plan change mid quarter failed to materialise. Mostly because as Pyke said himself that is not a real thing.
We came in without any intent and were unable to get any for the rest of the game.
Now I have no faith in this team. Just when I think they've developed a desire to succeed they show me that to them it's just a job.

It's not an anomaly but it doesn't mean our season is over. We have plenty of weeks to fix the issues we saw today. I hope we do, because we didn't last year when the same thing happened

There is nothing to fix.
It's a mental thing.
You can't train intent.

But you can replace players with those who might perform

We'd have to change the whole team they were all shithouse.
Bar Lever and Laird.
I think the whole team just had the wrong attitude and we're probably only a few % off but that is enough.

This loss was a good thing. Keep the faith.
It's a good thing if it leads to change

If it gets forgotten about because we win at home next week then it's not

And you'd be around straight away no doubt.
Please show me where i said today was acceptable, it's not.
Some on here are just overreacting including you. It's ok to demand we play better but the season and club can't be written off on one game ffs

It does indicate a softness and that we're not entirely the real deal.
Which will now be exploited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a good thing if it leads to change

If it gets forgotten about because we win at home next week then it's not
That's a hard thing to judge. Finals are not played in Hobart in winter conditions. We wil now have to reassess and pull our heads in. I hear what you say but we have runs on the board this year. Next week a test in some ways as well.

We'd have to change the whole team they were all shithouse.
Bar Lever and Laird.
I think the whole team just had the wrong attitude and we're probably only a few % off but that is enough.

I'm not saying to replace only those who were bad today. You look across our series of poor losses and see who is utter shithouse in those games, and drop them.

I'm not saying to replace only those who were bad today. You look across our series of poor losses and see who is utter shithouse in those games, and drop them.

Any suggestions?
Mackay, Hampton,
I think it was a team effort of shitfullness.

Mackay and Smith. Both hugely underperform in tough games. Hartigan and Brad Crouch very close. And then Knight and Hampton candidates for young guys

It looks like TMT might get a gig next week 110 Points. But not many other options in the 2's.

We were out coached. Whenever we lose our slingshot footy is stopped. We were kicking it forward blindly to their spare men lurking deep. We saw Geelong do this to use twice last year and yet here we are again falling for the same old trick. Surely Pyke is smart enough to counter this by now?

When we were 3 goals down I thought here we go we'll switch on now, but the mythical game plan change mid quarter failed to materialise. Mostly because as Pyke said himself that is not a real thing.
We came in without any intent and were unable to get any for the rest of the game.
Now I have no faith in this team. Just when I think they've developed a desire to succeed they show me that to them it's just a job.

And that's the whole thing isn't it!
I wanted to believe that this squad was different in that respect!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back