AFL Toast RND 8: 3 Point win against the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a nitpick, but is Ambrose really best 22 anymore? I guess you could argue Hooker forward and Ambrose takes Gleeson’s spot, but if Daniher and Stringer are in, do we really play Hooker forward?

Ambrose is still our best stopper, and the only suitable match-up for the KPF's with big tanks. Whether he's definite best-22 is debatable, but he'd likely be ahead of Francis and Gleeson defensively.

Personally I think Daniher - McKernan - Stringer are the 3 'talls' in our best side right now if everyone was fit, Stewart hopefully can fill the Daniher role for the interim, and be ahead of McKernan long-term so Daniher - Stewart - Stringer are the talls, with a mixture of Small - Mid sized guys around them.

Hooker is close to done, I'd be looking to play him as a forward target given Hurley, Zerk-Thatcher, Francis, Ridley are all > 190cm defenders that are fit, whilst Langford and McKernan are the only two forwards > 190cm that are currently fit (Stewart hopefully also fit and available). Langford was quite good playing as a pseudo-KPF I thought.

We've got a real dearth of AFL level KPP's outside of the backline now, most of our KPF or Ruck options are promising but unproven. Jones, Gown, Crauford and Bryan all look to have upside, and we're pinning a LOT of hope on Draper to be a genuine quality ruckman.

He was almost ready before quarantining. He was also named on the extended bench. He was ready to play.

Yes almost, then he had 2 weeks of doing nothing and then a couple of game simulation matches, he’ll probably play this week.

Re watching the game and perhaps I was both under appreciated his game and mixing him up
With Devon Smith but Smelling was a bit better than I gave him credit for ant555.

Not a world beater and one we should be looking to upgrade but performs a role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Led the pressure acts by a long way too. He is fringe but he is the good ordinary player you need filling the last four or five spots,

However, let's not forget that:
- Adelaide lost two useful players mid-match;
- Adelaide are in a form trough;
- Adelaide generated more scoring shots; and
- Adelaide could have sealed a win in the final minute, if they hadn't rushed the opportunity.

True but in the third quarter alone, we had a number of scoring opportunities that we just stuffed up which wouldn’t be reflected in the scoring shot stats. Notably

- Parish falling over when he was clear to run into goal.
- Smith running into Langford when he was about to take a mark in front of goal.

We lacked a lot of polish, much like the North game, we pretty much dominated and then almost lost it in the last quarter.

For all you people still complaining about how bad we were. We actually laid a season high amount of tackles across the whole league.

76 tackles - previous high was 74 by the Gold Coast when they beat Adelaide.

Yep we were average with ball in hand, as you’d expect when missing many off your top players.

But we won yesterday’s game purely based of effort and what we did without the ball.

It’s like a threesome with two people who are very ordinary to look at........ ‘not sexy but still pleasing’.

🖤

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For all you people still complaining about how bad we were. We actually laid a season high amount of tackles across the whole league.

76 tackles - previous high was 74 by the Gold Coast when they beat Adelaide.

Yep we were average with ball in hand, as you’d expect when missing many off your top players.

But we won yesterday’s game purely based of effort and what we did without the ball.

It’s like a threesome with two people who are very ordinary to look at........ ‘not sexy but still pleasing’.

🖤

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Love the analogy

Absolute URGHHHHHHH

ROB towelled TBC around the ground (20 touches to 10) and had more hitouts and pressure than the useless glacier lummox.

they were down 2 and we were down 1 for pretty much the whole second half and they outran us but couldn't kick straight.

Irish deserves to be dropped for that ******* airy - RULE 1 pick up the ball

UGLY UGLY forward line structure - and why didnt we tag B. Crouch when M.Crouch was done and cactus

OUT Ham, Irish (suspended or for being a doofus), Laverde (injured)
IN The Shield, The Clarke, The Stewart
A glacier lummox, a cactus and a doofus walk into a bar 🤣

Biggest issue in the last two weeks is our inability to stop the opposition transferring the ball from their defensive 50 into their forward 50 - The full ground structure needs to tighten up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back