Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Collingwood Saturday May 11th 1.45PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the Pies have won every first quarter this season, and their aggregate first quarter performance over the past three rounds (against the Lions, the Bummers, and Port) reads as follows - 124 points scored, and just 29 points conceded, for an average quarter time lead of more than 5 goals.

Obviously then, the Pies have been blowing teams away from the outset, so it’s fair to say that a strong start from us is badly needed today. However, following the commitments made by Bolts and the players during the week, we should start at 100% intensity, and if we’re (at least) within touching distance at quarter time, then imo it’s game on!

I would’ve thought Gov would play back
Gov is sorely needed forward. He is our best set shot by a country mile. jmo

What I have noticed is when Gov has played he normally heads to defence nearing the end of the quarter to try and prevent junk time goals.

If he does play back at all then it’s for his intercepting and not on a direct opponent. A 7th defender.

If I see him back it means we are under the pump.

The thought of having Levi in defence has woken me up numerous times last night.

Don’t mind him as 2nd ruck or clunking marks on the wing from about 45 out but in defence, so much nope from me. But what would we know.

I’d really like a win today please footy gods. No pressure

This one aspect so many media people and fans alike do not really recognise about our team. Beyond the unique age profile of teams we putting on park every week, regardless of age so many of these players have played so few times together that they still very much in infancy of learning how to utilise each other to the benefit of overall team. This might take two or three seasons to master but when they are humming and used to each other this is going to be one serious team for a long long period into next decade. Our own fans, including myself just need to be extremely patient and not get too down on games we really are off the rails as a group. As an overall team we got the L plates on big time. Even a team like Melbourne, probably two full years advanced on us in general age profile are still yet to master how they play together as a team. How long have Giants been learning to drive the ferrari to best effect ?

Us fans need incredible patience and even more so when we have weeks like last two weeks when injuries effect the balance of team we can put out on field.

Get upset, get annoyed , get frustrated. get pissed off to let out some impatient energy of wanting it to all click quicker but then take a deep breath as hours roll on after games and remember how much patience and time it takes to build premiership teams up from scratch. The Cats nearly lost their patience in mid 2000's but when they did not throw baby out with bathwater got rewarded with several premierships later on. Premierships are hard to win, and way harder when clubs do not stick to long term plans that well thought out. We need more patience. When we think we got enough, get more patience again. This journey the club started in earnest at end of 2015 is a tougher build than any other club has had to work on in draft era.
PATIENCE. These young players will gel in time. We just got to remain patient and not lose our **** totally on days they will show hallmarks of all young teams. A good 20 to 50 games together as a large group before we even approach the prime period of when we likely to be a seriously good team week to week

Liking this just didn't seem enough. DOUBLE LIKE

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the Pies have won every first quarter this season, and their aggregate first quarter performance over the past three rounds (against the Lions, the Bummers, and Port) reads as follows - 124 points scored, and just 29 points conceded, for an average quarter time lead of more than 5 goals.

Obviously then, the Pies have been blowing teams away from the outset, so it’s fair to say that a strong start from us is badly needed today. However, following the commitments made by Bolts and the players during the week, we should start at 100% intensity, and if we’re (at least) within touching distance at quarter time, then imo it’s game on!

An average quarter time lead of 5+ goals you say?

Well they’re in luck, because they’re coming up against a time that has happily achieved that for their opponent 2/7 games this year.

Agree with the post. How we start will dictate the game. Even if we manage to claw back a quarter time blowout to a respectable final losing margin, it’d say a lot about the players not turning up at the bounce (yet again) after an atrocious game last week

At this stage our 3 forwards are not quite ‘gelling’.Howeverhaving said that H looks more dangerous when his on his own inside 50.Need to work out leading patterns inside when MM and CC are also there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a funny little feeling about today. Don't think we will win but it will be a cracker of a game at a packed MCG - we will be up for the fight imo.

If we cop a flogging unfortunately Bolton will cop it in the media for the week again.

Sydney winning means we are firmly back on the bottom and will remain so unless we pull out a win :(

At this stage our 3 forwards are not quite ‘gelling’.Howeverhaving said that H looks more dangerous when his on his own inside 50.Need to work out leading patterns inside when MM and CC are also there.
Newsflash. It is well beyond 3 forwards. Jack Silvagni was starting as the deepest forward in second half last week. This layer idea of coaching staff for the talls in front half I am skeptical on. We shall see if they persist with 5 talls that regular spot is up forward can be in the same 22. History tells us extremely unlikely. Here is hoping Levi is a late out and Kennedy in.

Clarkson laid out the foundations on what is an acceptable performance for a tall. Gov looking at you.

Eight disposals and 1 goal doesnt cut it in AFL as 24 year old.

Its nice expecting a win havent had that feeling for 24 months so cudos to the fans that still expect a win. Personally I think we will get spanked by 10 goals.

Need to check what that really means...

Just looked up the true meaning.....
To dream of going to a
football game and they win
means that fun, adventure, contentment, and excitement will soon come into your life.....

So you saying we actually do win.
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another week we have no reserves team playing.
It's not just us, but how frustrating to not being able to get game mileage into players.

Garlett, Schumacher, O'Brien, Kennedy should be itching for a good display for a possible promotion next week..........but not to be.
Macreadie also seems to be having another one of those years, where he just won't front up for lack of any continuity.

Casboult into the backline for this game? What and who exactly for?
I like the idea of him playing in the backline with the NB's but here?

Just want to make a really important point:

I don’t want to hear the phrase ‘Bluebaggers’ misused by the club any more. It was only ever used in a gutteral raw way in the 70s and 80s. “Go the blue baggers” said by some old bloke from the bottom of some deep dark part inside him standing behind me at Princes Park. It was spontaneous. It was primal. It was a war cry.

It was never politely said by the coach as ‘we feel as all Bluebaggers do’. What? * off with that marketing mumbo jumbo. Makes me sick. I don’t want to hear Emily Angwin “calling all Bluebaggers.” No no no. Some non Carlton person has come to the marketing Dept and done that.

Is making me sick. STOP.

Cheers thanks bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back