Status
Not open for further replies.

Own The Future

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Keep the opposition guessing.

Also why draw attention to an injured player if he does end up playing?

Back em in until they're confirmed out.

North havent said simpkin or any of their players are 50/50.

But Simpkin is already known to have had a light week on the track and would therefore be questionable.
I hear what you’re saying - don’t reveal every niggle a player has. But when it was in the press and the club specifically refuted the claims, then sent him for further scans yesterday and may leave him out today - it means us supporters will be reluctant to believe anything the club says.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
True didnt realise how tall he is.

But Jones and weitering will get Brown and walker...assuming he plays forward like last week.

Zurhaar is the type we would usually put plowman on...190cm and strong.

Willo is next best match up for larkey...if he's out who else is there? Our other defenders are all short.

Good points. Think Plowman has to go to the 3rd tall in that case. Williamson to Zurhaar may be our only good option.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
But Simpkin is already known to have had a light week on the track and would therefore be questionable.
I hear what you’re saying - don’t reveal every niggle a player has. But when it was in the press and the club specifically refuted the claims, then sent him for further scans yesterday and may leave him out today - it means us supporters will be reluctant to believe anything the club says.

Well from the recent article harry injured himself at the hotel...so at the time of teagues presser he was fine.

Our club is actually really honest...we rarely ever pull a late out move.

Own The Future

Club Legend
Nov 8, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Harry injures himself in the bloody hotel. Moore to play. Fudge me.

Wow. If true that is crazy.
Also - quick question: since Moore has come in for McKay now, can another emergency come in to replace Moore? Wondering if the rumours are true re a backman being very sore, and the only current options being Cottrell, Philp and Honey.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
This is a very convenient line for the club to play when Harry was clearly reaching high up his posterior thigh the other day.

I dont think the club would lie...why would they? We haven't been a club to pull tricks for gamesmanship in the past.

And we've replaced a tall forward for a tall forward...not exactly a surprise change to our structure either that could give us an advantage.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
I dont think the club would lie...why would they? We haven't been a club to pull tricks for gamesmanship in the past.

And we've replaced a tall forward for a tall forward...not exactly a surprise change to our structure either.

I thought Teague mentioned Harry was fine in his press conference yesterday, but the club Twitter is running with Harry hyper-extending knee training solo on Thursday.

I'm not annoyed, people/clubs/humans lie all the time.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought Teague mentioned Harry was fine in his press conference yesterday, but the club Twitter is running with Harry hyper-extending knee training solo on Thursday.

I'm not annoyed, people/clubs/humans lie all the time.

Sure but my point is the club isn't lying.

Teague may not have known the scan results by the time of the presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back