Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v North Saturday 25th July 1.05PM @ the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in shock we got the clean sweep in Herald Sun tipping (all bar the kiss of Death)... when was the last time we we're favoured by every tipster (only team this week as well).

Omen... we're going to lose.
Last year when we played them and they were 18 th on the ladder. Different team this time no Dow and Fish in the middle all day and different game plan we win this and win it well.

I would like to see us play with CAS behind the ball this week as a third man in interceptor cutting off Browns leads as when he has done this in the past it just stabilises us a lot and we look a lot better defensively.
Personally i think last year that’s where he played his best footy in defence he’s reading of the ball coming in to mark or spoil was first class, I’d like to see him go back down there again but he’s needed up forward atm he and Harry are a only true KP talls that cause the opposition headaches with their contested marking McGovern is a different type although dangerous when his on he’s not built to go head to head as a KP forward...
If we had Charlie or TDK in and playing forward we definitely could use Casboult in that roll...

He's sort of also the only one there that I think satisfies the 'very, very impressive' claim.

Not if one reads the recent reports.

Moore has had plenty of praise in recent weeks, although I simply don't see it wth him at all.
There are no stand out features to suggest that something good may come about, although that may have somehow changed in recent weeks.

We've sort of forgotten about Cottrell but he was very impressive upon my viewing through the pre-season.

Cottrell gives me Tom Temay type vibes.

Not even close.

Temay looked like some how should but didn't
Cottrell looks like someone who can't, but may.

Temay was one of the most invisible footballers I'd seen at he CFC. This is not Cottrell.

Moore has had plenty of praise in recent weeks, although I simply don't see it wth him at all.
There are no stand out features to suggest that something good may come about, although that may have somehow changed in recent weeks.

We've sort of forgotten about Cottrell but he was very impressive upon my viewing through the pre-season.

I haven't been reading them, to be truthful. Isn't everyone the next Chris Judd based on VFL/development coach reports? Being facetious, but you know what I mean.

Honey is the one that impressed based on our pre-season viewings all the way back when, and shows up the right attributes again and again on video.

Not even close.

Temay was one of the most invisible footballers I'd seen at he CFC. This is not Cottrell.
That is a very good expression of the distinction between those 2 players

Impressive long distance runner, tagger at junior level.

No other real stand out traits aside from that.

Although the desire seems to be there more from Cottrell it would seem.
He seems to be a very good kick; even under pressure and at high speed. Add that to his aerobic ability coupled with a decent level of determination and he might be a player.

I haven't been reading them, to be truthful. Isn't everyone the next Chris Judd based on VFL/development coach reports? Being facetious, but you know what I mean.

Honey is the one that impressed based on our pre-season viewings all the way back when, and shows up the right attributes again and again on video.

I know exactly what you mean.

Honey was the player through the pre-season that had me wondering - Who the * is that?
Watched him take the ball out of stoppages against senior players. He just didn't come across as a wide-eyed rookie at all.

After JGM, Le Bois, Shaw, Gallucci etc it was great to see someone that actually looked 'business'
It may amount to little in the end, but he's been very impressive so far.

I like the way he moves a bit like Martin relaxed is smooth smooth is fast fast is smooth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even close.

Yeah Cottrell is a good mover with neat kicking skills that can play hb or wing Temay was none of those.

I get the feeling once Honey debuts he won't surrender his spot for the rest of the season. Definitely fits a need and I think he's going to seize his opportunity.
I agree, but I believe that's unlikely to happen in 2020. Tank might not quite be there for the required defensive effort, at least in the current system.

So our scratch match was against a combined team from Melbourne/Richmond/*

Looks like Cottrell, Honey and Philp all played. Not sure about Moore.

Where did you hear that they played? Didn’t see them mentioned on the CFC website write up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back