Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We match up ok against the bulldogs because both teams like these offensive, fast flowing games.

Harry one-out will be difficult to stop. Eddie in form could feast on the spoils. Just need Cas clunking a couple and JSOS presenting up the ground.

On ball - praying that we continue to play Dow (injury permitted), Cuningham, Fogarty, Williams and SPS in there with Crippa, Walsh & Ed...would match up ok against the doggies.

8 games?! Why would he be held to a different standard than anyone else, particularly a 100% guaranteed best 22 player? How many reserves games did Doc have to play to prove his body could stand up to the rigors of AFL?

2 is all he needs. 1 playing 2 or so quarters, the other playing 3 or so quarters, and then into the 1sts on managed minutes.

I'm expecting to see him playing senior football in the last 4 weeks of the season. We'll see what the club does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies did it to Plow also.

How do we let this happen?
Teague has had enough time to have a plan to combat this tactic.

I noticed that at the game as well.
Was driving me nuts.
I was hoping Doc would notice and initiate a switch as a good leader would do.
All to no avail, but in the end we won, and maybe it was good experience for Stock.

Really? Owies kicked 3, laid tackles in the F50, and crucially, also ran all the way to FB to lay a tackle. Murph would never have done the defensive things.
And he started a blue!
When was the last time one of ours did that?
Will lose my s**t if he's omitted

This is going to be an interesting one, because we match up really well against them. Their mids aren't the 'smash it wide' style that Cripps struggles against, so expect him to go a bit better. They have weird lapses which can last whole games, and they had one last week; in the past, those lapses have consumed months before, and there's been precious little to explain what prompted them or caused the team to switch back on again.

See, I think the big wins we've had against them have not come against them when they're switched on; rather, we've got them at a good time. I really don't know for certain what we're going in against this week; could be that last week was the beginning of a lapse that will last a month, and we're going to hit them fairly hard, or it could be that they're a better side now and those lapses have gone the way of the dodo. The funny thing is that everything they've shown this year is completely within the bounds of the expected from them; we've known they can play footy this way for a while now, and the only unexpected part of this was Bruce's 10 in round 3. What would be unexpected for them is if they can sustain this level for longer than 10 weeks.

I back this to be close, but it would take one of two things for us to win: one, Cripps plays well. I'm talking, he drags us over the line himself. He has enough clearances to top the Dogs himself, he kicks 3-4 goals (not from set shots, or he'll need 10 of them to get there) and his contribution will mean that Walsh can just be amazing beside him. They spend all game kicking it to Jones and Weitering, and their rebounders - JJ and Daniels - keep getting pressured into mistakes. Weitering blankets Norton while Jones plays off Bruce, and Doc and Saad both rebound to their heart's content. We win the time in possession count, and the contested possession count.

The other way we win is if they're off. Their good players play poorly - not Bont, because he's pretty consistent. They rely on others to be win/loss - and their poor players just keep giving the ball back. Bruce keeps missing the ball. Norton keeps missing the goals. Easton Wood pretends the ball's a magnet and he can't get the polarity right.

I can't pick us to win, but gee it'd be pretty fun if we did.
Superb vision
Cripps has not stunned with an elite performance for quite a while,obviously be had some issues,plus might have slowed just a touch,plus game has also slightly altered.he might be just a touch off on his conditioning as well...however. Yes he will go again and Walsh will be required as quoted running 15k etc at pace,
We will as you elaborated need the defenders/rebounders to work and work effectively.to destabilise their side of the stats.
Williams will need to bring an elite performance to get us there..he gas done this at GWS and it will be with us soon.
Don't mind Parks in...reminds me of Doull !!!!!
Stocker looks hungry.....i would. Say he good
JSOS.....yes
Possibly Samo in as well

I agree with you,this group can go them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back