Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plowman? Geez.

Gibbo was gone at half time but had a very solid second half after being moved up the ground. Much better around the contest.
I think this is the point with Gibbo, is he is not a small forward. If DT want him to play this role then We should drop him and bring in Durdin.. If we want him as a midfield rotation then fine, but forget about him as a small forward.

Gov injured? *face palm emoji*

Re-did his hamstring going for a tackle late in the game. Team first attitude. Disappointing injury.

I just see Newman and Plowman fighting for the same spot and Parks in there gives us that 3rd tall anyway.

I'd certainly like to get Newman's attitude and foot skills into the side somehow. Competition for spots is going to be on in earnest soon.
A good problem to have. At this stage I think Plowman and Stocker (on limited viewing) seem to be our best 2 small/medium defenders. Parks is doing a great job as the intercepting defender, though worried about his disposal going forward.

Saad, Doc, Newman and Williams our rebounding half backs. Wouldn't mind Doc getting pushed up to a wing and Newman taking his spot down back.

TDK will have to be a strong consideration.

Dogs get back English and they already have a top ruckman in Martin. Those 2 will bully Pittonet and Casboult. Need the athleticism that TDK provides around the ground.

In - TDK, Williams, JSOS
Out - Casboult, Dow and McGovern

SPS also best 22 but not sure who would be the medical sub. I’d drop Newnes to med sub.

FB - Parks Weiterbot Plowman
HB - Saad Jones Docherty
C - Cottrell Cripps SPS
HF - Gibbons Silvagni Fogarty
FF - Owies McKay Betts
RR - TDK Walsh Williams

Int - Stocker, Cunningham, Pittonet, Curnow and Newnes

In: Petrevski-Seton, DeKoning, Williams

Out: Dow (inj), McGovern (inj),Gibbons (omit)

Don't think they'll drop Casboult with McGovern getting hurt. He really doesn't deserve to retain his spot but it is what it is.
Cas actually moved and presented a lot better this week. he is carrying. Gov out, Jsos in if ready, if not a hesitant TDK as a forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Dow? Is he definitely out for this game?
Besides the injury (no idea how bad), I heard delayed concussion on radio, so would be out based on that if that’s the case. Don’t know if that’s been confirmed?

Williams for Dow
SOS for McGov

SPS/Cotters/Gibbons as the sub.

Don’t think we should rush TDK back just yet. Need to look at the bigger picture.

I think this is the point with Gibbo, is he is not a small forward. If DT want him to play this role then We should drop him and bring in Durdin.. If we want him as a midfield rotation then fine, but forget about him as a small forward.

The same Durdin who has had 20 odd touches in his first three outings at VFL level?

LOB, Williams, SPS and JSOS.
For Gov, Dow, Newnes and Gibbons. Gibbons and Newnes have been down for a few weeks now and i think LOB needs to get opportunity over Newnes with some of the performances he’s produced. Gov and Dow injured. Keeping Gibbons in another week probably then means I’d say LOB stays in the twos.

Give TDK another week in the twos for match fitness, unless deemed right. Big game. Midfield is where they win the game, they are a midfield team/dependant on that part of the ground. SPS torched them a few seasons ago. Would love to see it again.

I’d love to see Newman get a run but it would be a terrible message if they dropped Stocker. (And they ain’t dropping Plow).

I’d love to see TDK and JSOS in for Gov (injured) and Levi. English v TDK would be great to watch. But it’s very unlikely (and we don’t know what’s up with JSOS).

And if you’re going to bring Murph in he’s replacing either Betts (who doesn’t deserve to be dropped) or Gibbo who was not very good today or last week. Murph cannot come in for Owies.

Even if Dow is 100%, Williams take his place.

SPS also deserves to be in the team. Either for Newnes or Cotts.

So, if I had my druthers.

Out: Gov, Levi, Dow, Cotts

In: JSOS, TDK, Williams, SPS.

Not gonna happen though. Teague isn’t making four changes after a win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FB Plowman - Weitering - Parks
HB Docherty - Jones - Saad

C Williams - Cripps - O’Brien
OB Pittonet - Cuningham - Walsh

HF Fogarty - Casboult - Silvagni
FF Betts - McKay - Owies

Interchange
Stocker (Defender)
Curnow (On Ball)
SPS (Utility)
Cottrell (Wing)

Sub
Gibbons

Williams in for Gibbons (omit)
SPS in for Dow (inj)
Silvagni in for McGovern (inj)
O’Brien in for Newnes (omit)

With McGovern out, I would bring Setterfield in and push Cripps forward. Also Williams comes in for either Newnes or Gibbons who pick up sub vest.

Bulldogs midfield are elite, backline is shaky though. Lynch torched them Friday night could have been far worse if he kicked straight.
Harry will be a handful add Cripps and Casboult, it stretches them, also think Weitering has the wood on Norton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back