H: Fogarty---------------Casboult---------------SPS

F: Betts-------------------McKay----------------Owies

Foll: Pittonet, Walsh, E.Curnow

Bench: Plowman, Stocker, Setterfield, Cottrell

Sub: Newnes

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
If it's achilles soreness for Williams then we should rest him further.

Despite my desire to get rid of Levi forever, TDK would be best served with another week in the VFL where we can totally control his minutes without worrying about the result.

I'd also hope they keep LOB in the twos to really dominate as he finally looks the player we saw pre draft. Giving him short 60% time on ground AFL stints will only stunt his development.

Hoping Dow can get up, same for SOS.

OUT: Newnes, McGovern
IN: SPS, SOS

Zlatan

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
LOB and TDK aren't ready, Honey is close. We're not a serious club if Murph is still an automatic inclusion. Hopefully JSOS and Z.Williams are ready to go.

We'll need to be much better at the stoppages to win this - time for the coaches to earn their money.

Agree, no place to hide against this doggies midfield. If we get destroyed at the stoppages, they’ll handball through us all game.

Need to also be way better at locking the ball in the forward half. The amount of slingshotting vs Essendon in both directions won’t cut it against the better teams. Didn’t even cut it against Collingwood.

Dec 26, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Keen as fu** for this one, selection committees nightmare/ dream all in one. Murphy, Lob, JSos, Williams, setters, honey and TDK (possibly even Newman too!) all pushing for selection and only a very small number of spots (probably) open. Gov (inj) being the only sure out.

Tough decisions, we get a real good look at what the committee wants the team to look like this week.
How do we win this one? Wins against *, Fremantle and Gold Coast are nice. But we need to announce ourselves has a decent team with a win in the next fortnight.

Only players I’d entertain being dropped are: McGovern, Levi and Gibbons (big fan but he was poor last week)

We look a lot better with JSOS in the side, so would love for him to get a run. Is Honey or LOB a chance?

we will find ‘where we are at’ in the next two weeks.

Last 3 games v Dogs, 2 wins by over 7 goals, 1 loss under a goal. I’m sure our manual has an excellent “how to beat the Dogs” section. We can win this, too right we can. It won’t be easy, but it’s winnable

Jun 10, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Last 3 games v Dogs, 2 wins by over 7 goals, 1 loss under a goal. I’m sure our manual has an excellent “how to beat the Dogs” section. We can win this, too right we can. It won’t be easy, but it’s winnable
They way we structure causes them issues. They know this.
Good luck stopping Harry.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I simply don't trust the MC selection at the moment, but I just hope we don't rest on our laurels and make the changes required and not just the forced changes.
Nothing wrong with an omission or two after a win.
This week, at least, has shown us the the Dogs aren't unbeatable, and while it might have been against Richmond, they didn't have Dusty.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Mitch Wallace is sounding like an in for them, had 28 disposals playing as an inside mid... I guess prepped him to cover for Dunkley as West seemed to struggle a bit this week.

Our main aim is containing Libba... "the libba zone" is tearing teams to shreds this year, he reads and clears that ball beautifully, he's the key, not Bont.

Dermie always says you start the next game how you finished your last... if so, we get off to a good start and who knows???

Zlatan

Premiership Player
Dec 10, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I simply don't trust the MC selection at the moment, but I just hope we don't rest on our laurels and make the changes required and not just the forced changes.
Nothing wrong with an omission or two after a win.
This week, at least, has shown us the the Dogs aren't unbeatable, and while it might have been against Richmond, they didn't have Dusty.

The Richmond pressure + structure behind the ball in the 3rd(?) quarter shut the bulldogs down and allowed Richmond to take the game over.

I don’t think we’ve got the cattle or gameplan to do the same, but we need to make it difficult for them in the stoppages by getting clean takeaways.

Get the ball, play tempo footy and make it harder for them to play their free flowing game. It’s our best shot.

I'd love to see the below, but the match committee don't have any balls...
Bring in more talent, speed and ball use..

In: Silvagni, De Koning, Newman, SPS, Williams & Setterfield?
Out: McGovern (inj), Newnes, Gibbons, Casboult, Plowman & Dow (Inj)?

Plowman > Newman
Casboult > De Koning
Newnes > SPS
McGovern > Silvagni
Gibbons > Williams
Dow > Setterfield (Only if Dow can't play)

DochertyJonesParks
WilliamsWeiteringSaad
CuninghamWalshCottrell
FogartySilvagniSPS
OwiesMckayDe Koning
PittonetCrippsDow / Setterfield
NewmanCurnowStockerBetts
23rd manMurphy

juzz88

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus
Huge MC decision. I’d like to see them have Murphy come back via the 2s as a statement.

I honestly don't even think it's a statement, we just have a lot of depth at HF/Mid.

Owies and Betts were great, so they don't lose their spot.

If Gibbo gets dropped, he's competing against Honey and potentially Williams for selection.

SPS comes in for Dow, assuming Dow is injured. Otherwise, SPS comes in for Gibbo.

I love Murph, but there isn't a spot for him this week, as far as I can tell.

4flagsin5yrs

Premiership Player
Dec 30, 2020
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
LOB and TDK aren't ready, Honey is close. We're not a serious club if Murph is still an automatic inclusion. Hopefully JSOS and Z.Williams are ready to go.

We'll need to be much better at the stoppages to win this - time for the coaches to earn their money.

So, TDK can't come in but JSOS can after missing a month or more of footy?

Cant see why TDK can't come in.

Even if a tad undercooked, still offers way more than a wounded Levi on one leg.

I'd play Kennedy as the 3rd tall. JSOS should have a run in the magoos first.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Great finally having our own reserves team up and going, hopefully going by a small sample so far our team more importantly our players can develop properly, liked the look of a few yesterday I’d still prefer more development into O’Brien’s game and Honey getting a bit more of the ball but both are trekking well, DeKoning was great but ideally needs another 2 games same with Newman...

INS:
Silvagni - McGovern INJ
Petrevski-seton - Gibbons
Williams - Newnes
O’Brien - sub

Sneaky Suprise:
DeKoning - Casboult ???

David Sylvian

Club Legend
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Jsos Martin tdk Newman should be given ample time to recover match fitness in the ressies. Toby wooller for mcg, like for like, can take and dish out contact covers ground and appears to be a reliable kick.
Murph with a neck injury may have ended his career. No shame in not getting 300, some of Carltons greatest never got there.
Need to cover Libba Daniel and Naughton. Got the feeling the dogs like bruise free footy.

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd love to see the below, but the match committee don't have any balls...
Bring in more talent, speed and ball use..

In: Silvagni, De Koning, Newman, SPS, Williams & Setterfield?
Out: McGovern (inj), Newnes, Gibbons, Casboult, Plowman & Dow (Inj)?

Plowman > Newman
Casboult > De Koning
Newnes > SPS
McGovern > Silvagni
Gibbons > Williams
Dow > Setterfield (Only if Dow can't play)

DochertyJonesParks
WilliamsWeiteringSaad
CuninghamWalshCottrell
FogartySilvagniSPS
OwiesMckayDe Koning
PittonetCrippsDow / Setterfield
NewmanCurnowStockerBetts
23rd manMurphy
strong looking back 6 with Williams back there. I wonder if he will eventually play there once team is established a bit more.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
TDK dilemma is interesting.

Casboult was bad and has been bad! How many bloody stupid free kicks has he given away this year because he can't jump/compete as normal.

TDK just has to relief ruck and having him and Harry forward would be frightening for the undermanned defence of the bulldogs! They could not contain both Lynch and Riewoldt. If our mids can come close to breaking even with the Dogs and give serviceable delivery forward we have a chance. I trust our defensive 6 will contain the Dogs forwards... Bruce has been poop since his 10 goal one off event (Parks show him the money), and Weiters and Jones can cater for English/Schache/Jamara and Naughton.

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Great finally having our own reserves team up and going, hopefully going by a small sample so far our team more importantly our players can develop properly, liked the look of a few yesterday I’d still prefer more development into O’Brien’s game and Honey getting a bit more of the ball but both are trekking well, DeKoning was great but ideally needs another 2 games same with Newman...

INS:
Silvagni - McGovern INJ
Petrevski-seton - Gibbons
Williams - Newnes
O’Brien - sub

Sneaky Suprise:
DeKoning - Casboult ???

Don't want to waste a game of development for LOB. Needs to play.
Let the sub be someone who doesn't need to play (Murphy, Kennedy, Newnes)

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
TDK will have to be a strong consideration.

Dogs get back English and they already have a top ruckman in Martin. Those 2 will bully Pittonet and Casboult. Need the athleticism that TDK provides around the ground.

In - TDK, Williams, JSOS
Out - Casboult, Dow and McGovern

SPS also best 22 but not sure who would be the medical sub. I’d drop Newnes to med sub.

FB - Parks Weiterbot Plowman
HB - Saad Jones Docherty
C - Cottrell Cripps SPS
HF - Gibbons Silvagni Fogarty
FF - Owies McKay Betts
RR - TDK Walsh Williams

Int - Stocker, Cunningham, Pittonet, Curnow and Newnes
And what happens when TDK is spent halfway through each quarter?

NavySteel

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
See who’s ready to come in. JSOS if mended, then Williams plus Newman may be ready off his performance. Honey & LOB other contenders. Don’t see the need for Murphy’s return.

TDK another gallop in the 2’s but looking forward to his promotion soon.

OUT: Gibbons, Newnes and an injured McGovern (?). See how Dow fares with his eye injury.
Gibbons > Williams
Newnes > LOB (or Newman)
McGovern > JSOS or Honey
I don't think Honey played amazing on Sunday.

Def JSOS if available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back