Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the Mums out there.

We Love Ya and are so grateful for everything you do.

Now if the Blues can win this one for all the Blue boy (girl :D) mum's out there
it would be brilliant.

Come on Blues, show the grit we did v Freo and we can win this.

Big H plays 4 quarters , finishes the game leading the Coleman.

Walshy another B.O.G. and probably leading the Brownlow.

And Crippa comes roaring back to his best and leads us to Victory.
(flahes of it last week,,,It is coming)

Thats what our Mum wants for Mothers day. :heart: :thumbsu: :praying:😍

We need Williams to play his best game for the club today.

I'm sure Williams will do just fine if he is fit to play. A few other blokes are probably needing to lift to hold their positions. Pity we dont have Fish/Martin and McGovern in - I reckon we go in favourites if they were - also a few fringe player selections ahead of other fringe players wouldn't be causing such consternation in here.

Unfortunately my prediction is their midfield will be too strong for ours...especially at Marvel. They are 6-1 for a reason.

Also with casboult out of form and jsos just back from injury, we are relying on mckay far too much.

Would feel far more confident if the likes of Charlie, fisher and Martin were playing.

We match up well with them.

Bont aside, their midfield is 'small' and not overly quick. They're accumulators rather than speed machines imo.

We have an edge in speed - Saad, Williams, Cuners, Cotters, Fogarty and Owies all quick to express.

Their back 6 are very so so - Duryea, Keath, Wood, JJ, Buku (the 1st gamer) and Dale.

Keath concedes 7cm + wing span and 6kg to Big H and who mans Levi - Buku is 189cm, Wood 187cm. Cordy at 193cm, 90kg still 'small' next to Levi.

If Big H smashes Keath, they may well have to throw Naughton back? Big win for us.

Even their forward line is piecemeal but has had the luxury of feeding off a strong midfield...

It's all about work (and error) rate - if we allow their mids time and space - of course they'll cut us up - any team will.

And minimise the cheap turnovers.

Pitto and Levi need to give us the edge.

Simple game - score more than the other guys, you win!

Last edited:
We match up well with them.

Bont aside, their midfield is 'small' and not overly quick. They're accumulators rather than speed machines imo.

We have an edge in speed - Saad, Williams, Cuners, Cotters, Fogarty and Owies all quick to express.

Their back 6 are very so so - Duryea, Keath, Wood, JJ, Buku (the 1st gamer) and Dale.

Keath concedes 7cm + wing span and 6kg to Big H and who mans Levi - Buku is 189cm, Wood 187cm. Cordy at 193cm, 90kg still 'small' next to Levi.

If Big H smashes Keath, they may well have to throw Naughton back? Big win for us.

Even their forward line is piecemeal but has had the luxury of feeding off a strong midfield...

It's all about work (and error) rate - if we allow their mids time and space - of course they'll cut us up - any team will.

And minimise the cheap turnovers.

Pitto and Levi need to give us the edge.

Simple game - score more than the other guys, you win!
Talk on dogs board cordy might even be forward this week.

Would like to see Fogarty given a lockdown job on Daniel then spread off him when we have control of the ball heading into F50, would like a full game of relentless pressure over the entire ground particularly from our forwards who need to start locking the ball in better and stop far too easy opposition clearances & rebounds...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sample size...
Yeh personally don’t think It means much but people were blaming the downturn in form of Gibbons and Fog on Betts too using the same sample size.
Also Betts in the side we are 3-2 without 0-2. Again it means nothing but people get far too carried away with his spot in the side considering we have our two best smaller forwards out

I see the midfield battle as being pretty close - they have us covered in outside play - we match them on the inside if not better.

Why does SPS ommission make you feel uneasy though?

I could see us flogging the Dogs today.. just got that feeling we will be too good.

Goodness me. Where on earth does one get this confidence from both teams' formlines this year?

We'll be lucky to get within 5 goals. Dogs are genuine flag contenders.

Goodness me. Where on earth does one get this confidence from both teams' formlines this year?

We'll be lucky to get within 5 goals. Dogs are genuine flag contenders.
We’ll win. Bevo doesn’t give us enough respect and I think it filters through to the playing group. We win almost every game where we are allowed to play our way, which the Dogs will oblige.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back