Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Bulldogs midfield are elite, backline is shaky though. Lynch torched them Friday night could have been far worse if he kicked straight.
Harry will be a handful add Cripps and Casboult, it stretches them, also think Weitering has the wood on Norton.
Weiterbot is a virus Norton cant cope with

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Dogs board being 6-1 a little antsy wanting to drop 4-5 players... I think our recent form against them has them worried... at $1.34 to $3.28 favourites... worst backed team on footytips this week (North is playing Pies after all)... and our lack of availability of some handy players whilst they have depth coming out of their clacker.... go figure!

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Will wait on Injury Report, but Dow's eye looked gnarly and I would be inclined to be cautious.

Besides our midfield did pretty well without him and Williams is 100% in if fit enough - which he should be since he only missed with 'soreness'.

I'd be excited to see a midfield of Cripps/Walsh/Williams/Cunners/SPS/Curnow.

OP updated

Good summary.

I think Teague' kick it fast and kick it long game plan is perfectly suited to removing as much of their midfield running superiority as possible. however, if Carlton gives them as many entries as conceded against Essendon - we are done - their forwards are generally good marks and kicks.

In a perfect world - Williams is actually fit to play as is SOJ. WOudl be tempting to bring in TDK for mostly forward duties even if SOJ is good to go as well. Talls are the Doggies weakness and someone has to take responsibility for shutting Daniels down - hard tag required there.

Don't get flustered by fancy pants stuf - just make sure they feel the pressure of close body contact - all the time and make the midfield tackles stick.

Stephene

Senior List
Jul 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Hopefully they realise what they're now capable of doing when they play the bulldogs...all above the shoulders as they say

Sep 29, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
The Dogs major weakness are their tall defenders, this is where we can win it if we can exploit this weakness. I think Williams is an obvious in if fit and I would run with Setterfield as well given the key will be winning the ball at the source and his good form in this regard in the twos. I would probably bring TDK in and play him mostly forward as a way of stretching their defenders. Casboult should be dropped every day of the week, but could this be his week to find form against an undermanned defence.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s so far away Sunday 3:20 when I’m on my third strong latte today

AA18C9B4-40D2-4E21-8CCC-63A765AA5276.jpeg

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Would love to see TDK come in for Pittonet but doubt it will happen.

Out: McGovern, Dow Injured
In: JSOS and Setterfield

Happy to see Dow stay in. Would also like to see LOB in for Gibbons or Newnes but doubt it will happen.

Murphy should be nowhere near this side and Williams needs to get fit imo.

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
TDK isn't ready. Needs another week or two to get some match fitness
In an ideal world, he needs another week, for sure. We have a crisis of our talls. Levi has played hurt all year and is at a 5 year low. Who is in better nick to chop out Pitto and offer a forward target?

In an ideal world, he needs another week, for sure. We have a crisis of our talls. Levi has played hurt all year and is at a 5 year low. Who is in better nick to chop out Pitto and offer a forward target?
And when he's completely gassed at half time?

Or he twings a hammy because he wasn't physically ready?

Stamos

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Would love to see TDK come in for Pittonet but doubt it will happen.

Out: McGovern, Dow Injured
In: JSOS and Setterfield

Happy to see Dow stay in. Would also like to see LOB in for Gibbons or Newnes but doubt it will happen.

Murphy should be nowhere near this side and Williams needs to get fit imo.
OUT: McGovern, Dow
IN: Williams, JSOS

I would prefer Murphy stayed out of the side. But wouldn’t be surprised to see him coming in to the team. Maybe for Gibbons? Not sure.

Surely Samo in? Can't drop him (again) after that game, so have to name one more out than in.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Selection starting to get really tough now. A sign of things to come. Logically I see no point persisting with Newnes. He’s taking time from sPs. He is zero hope of holding a spot when Martin is back. He’s a fringe playing 28 year old. He’s no better than SPs or several others. I am not a Newnes hater. I just don’t see the point any more.

Also: ffs bring TDk straight in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back