JSOS from the Presidential LoungešŸ‘

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
Marginally

Take out the Dockers game, where they had short people in the backline and it's gone backward.

I'm not saying that Eddie is the prime reason for Harry kicking more goals but he has gone from a 3 goal average in the first two games to a 4 goal average for the next 5.

That is an average increase of 33% which is significant, not marginal and amounts to 22 more goals in a season.

Again, I don't think that Eddie is responsible for that but if you feel obliged to make the statement the stats seem to back it up.

I know you wish to take the Freo game out but that's only to pad your stats. Truth is, even in that game at least 2 of Harry's marks and goals were as a result of little Eddies (barely legal) blocks.

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
I'm not saying that Eddie is the prime reason for Harry kicking more goals but he has gone from a 3 goal average in the first two games to a 4 goal average for the next 5.

That is an average increase of 33% which is significant, not marginal and amounts to 22 more goals in a season.

Again, I don't think that Eddie is responsible for that but if you feel obliged to make the statement the stats seem to back it up.

I know you wish to take the Freo game out but that's only to pad your stats. Truth is, even in that game at least 2 of Harry's marks and goals were as a result of little Eddies (barely legal) blocks.
The problem with this argument is that it's probably still a net negative overall. If Eddie himself isn't ALSO hitting the scoreboard, then the extra structuring/coaching he brings isn't much of a gain vs giving experience to a kid.

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Letā€™s go boys. Sounds like itā€™s gonna be fast flowing footy, Teague needs to get the message across it cannot be uncontested football though and we need to apply tenacity and pressure to win today. Especially with the handball chains they use. Best footy needed. Up the baggers

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
The problem with this argument is that it's probably still a net negative overall. If Eddie himself isn't ALSO hitting the scoreboard, then the extra structuring/coaching he brings isn't much of a gain vs giving experience to a kid.

Don't want to argue it as I don't really care but Eddie has also averaged 1 goal a game and over 1.5 points (an unusual stat for him) and has had a hand in a few others, not to mention his pressure over the ground, which I think is one of his best traits.

Happy to debate Eddies selection when Fisher is back and firing but until then he's hard to drop IMO.

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
If Jordan Sweet has a good jump/leap on him, Pitto will lose out. Pitto only able to compete against similar style ruckman to him.
Have to do homework on the Sweet Ruck....Martin out should reduce their mid efficiency...
We are a couple elite mids away from defeating these guys however as it stands on paper its looking like a lot of work for cottrell and Newnes to provide similar outputs off the wings and co.
Cottrell has to play his first elite contribution today as an example
to defeat them

Attachments

• 169444.gif
    169444.gif
    394.2 KB · Views: 35
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"