AFL Autopsy Rnd 9: 46 Point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

You surely can't be serious, mate.

Not with all the dross we've served up over the past decade with an actual, you know, full strength side.

You really need to adjust your expectations and just expect nothing at all this year. It's simply not worth the stress of expectation this year.
It seems when we play good sides we play relatively competitive footy, and lose by 5 goals...
and then when we play poor sides we play poor footy... and lose by 5 goals.

I love us being the rebound win for a team that has a bad loss the previous week.

Considering we're expected to finish dead last that's going to happen regularly this season, isn't it?

Last edited:

It seems when we play good sides we play relatively competitive footy, and lose by 5 goals...
and then when we play poor sides we play poor footy... and lose by 5 goals.
Less on the line for top teams, one good qtr n they can seal it.

So many useless hand balls and kicks that go no where especially in the back half. The only player who creates and moves the ball forward with purpose is Tippa.

There was a moment in the 3rd (iirc) where Baguley could have easily kicked it short to Tippa over the top on D50. Instead, opted to take the game on and trust his team mate Langford to take the mark on the wing. Was spoiled easily, but that is the difference between us going anywhere and us being soundly beaten week in week out. Trusting our team mates in what they can do.

You surely can't be serious, mate.

Not with all the dross we've served up over the past decade with an actual, you know, full strength side.

You really need to adjust your expectations and just expect nothing at all this year. It's simply not worth the stress of expectation this year.

Almost would have preffered to lose to Melbourne in Rd 2.

Has given me false excitement that we can actually compete and steal another win.

How silly and wrong was I

There was a moment in the 3rd (iirc) where Baguley could have easily kicked it short to Tippa over the top on D50. Instead, opted to take the game on and trust his team mate Langford to take the mark on the wing. Was spoiled easily, but that is the difference between us going anywhere and us being soundly beaten week in week out. Trusting our team mates in what they can do.

The team has been playing together for a while now surely they have an idea what their team mates are going to do.

There haven't been direct opponents in the midfield the way you're insinuating since we were winning finals. That's a fact.

That aside, Steven received blocks and assistance from mature players around him, which was most evident at centre bounces. All Zac received today were hospital handballs and rub downs from the physios. He mightn't have played a blinder like he did last week, but the fact you're shitting on Zac for his game shows just how comfortable you are in the armchair miles away from what is actually going on.

Stevens got the ball 40 times - Do you think he only got the ball at clearances ? Sometimes you have to accept a player is outplayed by his opponent - It happens to all players,even the best.

I posted last week that if Zac continues his vein of form, he is a chance to make the AA Squad. Yeah I really s**t on Zac.

And Robert Shaw doesn't share your view - Was very critical of the free-wheeling play of our midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back