Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v GWS 4.40PM Sunday 19th May @ GIA - Final Team Post #547

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
he's one of those point of difference players and if he's on we may struggle........

I like a guy who’s name is Toby and has mongrel and can football . I wanna see someone really sit on him this week. It will be majestic. The whole giants side is fairly awesome.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Well yes , you got me :D.

You guys got plowman and simmo about a week away.
I was unsure if Stocker would stay in the team.?

Good luck this week tho.
Plowman and Simpson are back next week, not this week. Williamson is two weeks away.

Newman should be back this week, but there's still room for Stocker in several spots on the ground.

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
possibly Rubbernub but I am partial to tasty condiments.
But in all seriousness, both are not naturally gifted runners, both bout same size, both have had knocks on their kicking at times. I am just a big Jack fan and he has had to do it harder than some. Sos cannot show the slightest bias towards him and IMO that has held him back a bit. Coming good now though. Cheers.

haveago

lovethegame02
Apr 29, 2015
north west Melb.
AFL Club
Carlton
We really need to stop there midfield ball users especially Kelly who tore us apart last time, if he and others get as much space as last time it won’t matter who is on who as they will get the ball lace out on the lead which is unstoppable.
Really need to lock down hard on there outside runners to negate this, can’t afford to be sagging off by 2-3 mtrs or they will chop us up especially if Whitfield comes in as well, our wingers need to play a defensive role first and then attack not the other way around, this especially applies to centre clearances where I would almost like them to start at the back corner of the square.
now wha'ts his name, Oh yeah ed Curnow. Was regarded as one of comps best run with players . Please put him to Kelly. PLEASE!!!

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
possibly Rubbernub but I am partial to tasty condiments.
But in all seriousness, both are not naturally gifted runners, both bout same size, both have had knocks on their kicking at times. I am just a big Jack fan and he has had to do it harder than some. Sos cannot show the slightest bias towards him and IMO that has held him back a bit. Coming good now though. Cheers.

For the record. I am Ok if JSOS turns out to be the next nat Fyffe

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Mumford should play so we might get more than 8 free kicks this game ;)
If we don’t get more than 8 and Mumford gives away 0 then it’s surely a bias pattern of umpiring. I’d love someone with ICT skills to put side by side vision of a series of decisions paid to Collingwood last weekend with a similar non decision against Carlton. Share it all over social media.

Les Bleus

Debutant
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Given we have a backline injury crisis i'm fine with moving JSOS to defence for one week...we get Jones, Plow and Simmo back next week.
He'd be the closest like-for-like we could put in defence for Plow.

It would be a strength if while he's a forward, in time of need he can be used in defence.

McKay, Charlie and McGov up forward is plenty of height and ability.
Kennedy could then take JSOS' role of forward/mid - though provide more mid minutes than Jack and give our young mids another big bodied rotation in there to help against fade outs.

I agree. His father was played at both ends of the ground and I believe he did quite well with it - or am I the only one old enough here at BF to remember ? It's part of JSOS's DNA so despite his fantastic work in the forward line structure, I think it would be a logical option to consider putting him in the back line to leverage our matchup options against GWS due to our injury outs.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back