Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v GWS 4.40PM Sunday 19th May @ GIA - Final Team Post #547

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we can get the giANTS this week. The sting from the pies game should really fuel the engine here. The giants showed some serious fragility against the hawks and if we can back them into a corner I reckon we can expose that part of their game again. This time when we've got our boot on the opponents throat we need to finish the job. I'm hoping we've had our little complacency lesson from the north game. We've also had our little mind funk (we've got a lead what do we do now) lesson. Think in the long run the pies loss will work in our favour. This week you'd think Bolts would've reviewed, honed and hammered home what and what not to do in games when it's there for the taking. First Qtr against GWS needs to the ABSOLUTE focus. Need to treat this Qtr as a mini game in a sense. No more getting blown to bits. Giants have the fire power and speed to ravage us in the first if we are not switched on 200%.

Got the skills, pace and desire. But have we got the nerve and the balls?

Let's hope the umps give us a bit of love this week.
Blues by 2 points.

I'm glad some feel optimistic about our chances this week.

I felt more confident last wk than this. I reckon that mentally, this mob will feel super confident given they smashed us to smithereens last time and they will have a point to prove after that lacklustre performance against the Hawks.

If we can be competitive and give ourselves a chance, then that will be a strong sign that this group has matured.

You say crowd numbers like they are insults

Why do you care about the hawks so passionately?

Couldn't give a stuff about the hawks, but if you are going to call them out for only pulling 14k last week you probably should clean you glass house windows more often.

On crowd numbers the Giants first made finals in 2016 and averaged 13,121 per home game, despite making finals in both 2017 and 2018, being on track for another appearance in 2019 and having had games against Essendon & Richmond in their 4 home games so far they are averaging 13,008 in 2019. Those crowd numbers are insults.

Think we can get the giANTS this week. The sting from the pies game should really fuel the engine here. The giants showed some serious fragility against the hawks and if we can back them into a corner I reckon we can expose that part of their game again. This time when we've got our boot on the opponents throat we need to finish the job. I'm hoping we've had our little complacency lesson from the north game. We've also had our little mind funk (we've got a lead what do we do now) lesson. Think in the long run the pies loss will work in our favour. This week you'd think Bolts would've reviewed, honed and hammered home what and what not to do in games when it's there for the taking. First Qtr against GWS needs to the ABSOLUTE focus. Need to treat this Qtr as a mini game in a sense. No more getting blown to bits. Giants have the fire power and speed to ravage us in the first if we are not switched on 200%.

Got the skills, pace and desire. But have we got the nerve and the balls?

Let's hope the umps give us a bit of love this week.
Blues by 2 points.

Them coming off a stinker and looking to make a statement with possibly Whitfield and Mumford to come in, us coming off a super intense battle with half the side under 21 and losing 2 more defenders - I don't share your confidence about a win. I think we will be competitive but they beat us for sheer talent.

Them coming off a stinker and looking to make a statement with possibly Whitfield and Mumford to come in, us coming off a super intense battle with half the side under 21 and losing 2 more defenders - I don't share your confidence about a win. I think we will be competitive but they beat us for sheer talent.

No team is beating us for “sheer talent”. Maturity, yes. Physicality, yes. Game plan and adherence to it, yes.

They may not be ready yet but this list has as much “sheer talent” as any in the AFL.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No team is beating us for “sheer talent”. Maturity, yes. Physicality, yes. Game plan and adherence to it, yes.

They may not be ready yet but this list has as much “sheer talent” as any in the AFL.

Our CHB will be Casboult, theirs will be Phil Davis, our small forward will be Gibbons, theirs will be Toby Greene. Will still have a talent gap, especially given the injuries we have.

That has certainly been true in the past but not recently. Membership just tipped over 26000 but a lot are 3 game members so it is hard to convince them to come when one of those is already sydney derby and then teams like the pies are coming later in the year. I think thats on offer this week because they might struggle to convince people that this game is worth watching.

Personally I love watching Carlton play as I am invested in your development, but for many fans new to the game they just wont see it that way

Disagree 88 . Carlton pull well in Sydney and we beat you recently and have background with gws re players. And we have been competitive for the most. Thinks be a good turnout.

Our CHB will be Casboult, theirs will be Phil Davis, our small forward will be Gibbons, theirs will be Toby Greene. Will still have a talent gap, especially given the injuries we have.

Yep Toby . Someone gotta sit on him . And Cripps to drive mummy into the ground first tackle . Let him know .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Fasolo, Garlett, Kennedy, Macreadie, Newman, O'Brien
Out: Plowman, Williamson (injured)

TeamSelectionMay16.jpg

In: Fasolo, Garlett, Kennedy, Macreadie, Newman, O'Brien
Out: Plowman, Williamson (injured)

TeamSelectionMay16.jpg
Wow... if we start with that back 6 we are 6 goals down at quarter time.
Surely they just threw a few magnets across the table and they happened to land there.. Stocker and Newman offer so much more at HB than Murphy. I thought Murphy was great last week playing Wing/HF. Why change it up? And JSOS needs to be left to settle at HF.

Surely they just threw a few magnets across the table and they happened to land there.. Stocker and Newman offer so much more at HB than Murphy. I thought Murphy was great last week playing Wing/HF. Why change it up? And JSOS needs to be left to settle at HF.
I’d be ok with JSOS filling a gap for a week or so until Plow/Jones get back.

Agree re Murph.

Kennedy and Newman are the ins for mine.

Probably just throwing them off.

I really doubt we'll line up like that.

Those team thingies are as accurate and realistic as an impressionists painting.

Newman and Kennedy in for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back