Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v GWS 4.40PM Sunday 19th May @ GIA - Final Team Post #547

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Hmmn, who come's in from that lot. Final bench of -- Casboult, Newman, Stocker and Kennedy?

The way I see it:

Newman absolutely in for Willo
Stocker to stay in. So those two are locked.

Plowman replacement could either be a direct Macreadie swap, or we go in shorter and keep casbout down back and bring in Kennedy?

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Geez Coniglio is a big out for us balances back out with Whitfield coming back for them
Interesting inclusions for us a little surprised with Macreadie being named, great to see him back though like Willo he's been crueled by injury past 2seasons...

He'd be the closest replacement we have for Plowman sitting in our reserves at the moment.

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
Geez Coniglio is a big out for us balances back out with Whitfield coming back for them
Interesting inclusions for us a little surprised with Macreadie being named, great to see him back though like Willo he's been crueled by injury past 2seasons...

This is my opinion and not a rumour.

There must be a decent chance Whitfield will not play.

If he were 100% guaranteed to play, I don't think they would name him on the extended interchange bench.

The other thing is that Whitfield would probably play off half back for them and maybe a bit of time on the wing. GWS have named three other players in Deledio, Cumming and Perryman that can play that position......................:think:

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks like Macreadie will play, suspect Levi, Newman and Stocker will join them

I like it
Where's that inkling coming from? I reckon they'll just stick with Casboult, likely to play on Keeffe.

For GWS, the final changes should go:

OUT: Simpson, Coniglio, Buntine, Langdon
IN: Mumford, Hatley, Whitfield, Keeffe

And for us:
OUT: Plowman, Williamson
IN: O'Brien, Newman

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
This is my opinion and not a rumour.

There must be a decent chance Whitfield will not play.

If he were 100% guaranteed to play, I don't think they would name him on the extended interchange bench.

The other thing is that Whitfield would probably play off half back for them and maybe a bit of time on the wing. GWS have named three other players in Deledio, Cumming and Perryman that can play that position......................:think:
They certainly have the options to roll through the midfield thing with Whitfield he can virtually play anywhere he's that good if he's plays defence/wing Cuningham seems to be the perfect matchup for him for the obvious reasons, its a matchup that I'd really look forward to watching...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eiffel 65

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Gryffindor
If Whitfield doesn’t get up coupled with Conigs being out that is great for us.

Bad for my SuperCoach but

If Whitfield doesn't get up, I expect us to win.

Even if he plays, I expect us to be in it right up until the last 5 minutes.

Coniglio out is massive and I don't think Cameron is 100%.

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Is Whitfield confirmed?

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it will be Cas Newman Stocker and Kennedy or that's the way I would go
FASOLO HAS NOT DONE ENOUGH
O Brien needs more games in the magoos
Mcreadie needs more games
Agree but would definitely start Newman on field, not bench.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Where's that inkling coming from? I reckon they'll just stick with Casboult, likely to play on Keeffe.

For GWS, the final changes should go:

OUT: Simpson, Coniglio, Buntine, Langdon
IN: Mumford, Hatley, Whitfield, Keeffe

And for us:
OUT: Plowman, Williamson
IN: O'Brien, Newman

I prefer O'Brien in the side, head to head with Kelly would be a great matchup, but think he may get a stint at VFL.

I think Keeffe will play as a backman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back