Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v Hawthorn Friday 31st July 5.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you had've said at the start of the year that we'd be 4-4 after 8, percentage >100, no losses by over 4 goals and 3-2 win line on results under 10 points, with 7 goals total out of Harry and Curnow the Younger and Cripps well out of form, I'd have taken that in a heartbeat.

We've spanked two teams in the past 5 years and they've both been the Dogs.

We are a mid-table team for the first time in ten years, so there's no point frothing about big wins. I'm just happy to grind out a few close results.

Even with a supposed GOAT coach?

We are on the rise, people need to get on board

Four premierships stands for something and to pretend otherwise.........is simply pretending.
'We're on the rise' - As opposed to fading out to lower than the last few spots on the ladder? What does that even mean in context?
All this silly rhetoric that amounts to little. Why do we do it? All this fluffy stuff is so unrealistic.
Long way to go for the CFC and a middle of the table outcome is really little solace for what has been sacrificed in the past few years.

Of course this is a winnable game, but we havne't shown anyone as to why we should have confidence in our efforts. This is the truth.
\We still don't know where we are and nor who we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four premierships stands for something and to pretend otherwise.........is simply pretending.
'We're on the rise' - As opposed to fading out to lower than the last few spots on the ladder? What does that even mean in context?
All this silly rhetoric that amounts to little. Why do we do it? All this fluffy stuff is so unrealistic.
Long way to go for the CFC and a middle of the table outcome is really little solace for what has been sacrificed in the past few years.

Of course this is a winnable game, but we havne't shown anyone as to why we should have confidence in our efforts. This is the truth.
\We still don't know where we are and nor who we are.

Keep the pessimist alive

Clarkson had a gifted list, now that they are middle of the road, so are their results

Will say it again, coaches are overrated

Keep the pessimist alive

Clarkson had a gifted list, now that they are middle of the road, so are their results

Will say it again, coaches are overrated

I'm a realist. You don't happen to be the 'only one' :)
Clarkson was gifted, Parkin was gifted, every coach was gifted. One has to wonder why we even bother with coaches then.

EDIT: From what I saw of Moore, I could not understand why we even selected him. He was a O'Shea/Mullett type take on.
One never wants to dismiss players but he must have been brilliant in the past couple of weeks to have been given a shot.

Out Murphy (rested/dropped)
In Fisher (or anyone that can kick inside 50)

I read that Harry will be ok next week.

In: Harry and Honey

Out: Mitch (inj), Moore (unsighted)

Lots of talk about this Honey character. Anyone got a report on his form and strengths?

What's honey like?
-Sweet kick of the footy?
-Sticky hands?
-Buzzes around the contest?

-Sting attached to his butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back