Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v Hawthorn Friday 31st July 5.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. It's sad how some posters forget that many of his more serious impact injuries have come 'going in' against bigger, harder bodies.
That is the epitome of courage if you ask me..
I think I'd rather have him preserve himself in one or two contests a game and be available week to week rather than go in hard an be injured, missing a month or two.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or they could be those who said Polson was no good and in be fact be good judges of players.

Nothing I saw from Moore last game suggested he has any kind of skill set that will make him a decent AFL footballer.

And probably those who said plowman was a dud. Im not defending Moore im just trusting the coaches have a role in mind. Also good to see players given us much opportunity as possible to show something.

As with every game, I’m looking forward to watching our team tomorrow, excited to see if my whipping boy Cuningham can smash some humble pie down my throat, by building on an ok/good game last week and making that a baseline performance.

I look forward to seeing if Kennedy can string some good games together.

I look forward to big H picking up from where he left off.

I really look forward to watching Cripps, to see if he can find some form and if he’s struggling, I really hope he takes his man forward.

Im looking forward to seeing if Moore can give one of his last chances at being an AFL player, a red hot crack.

Most of all, I’m just looking forward to watching us get the job done and hopefully looking good in the process.
I'm looking forward to us all singing the song loudly at the end. I have confidence that we will come out alert but not alarmed.

Only the one change. After seeing what happened to Melbourne today (yes I understand it's Melbourne and they were on a 4 day turnaround) I just wonder if we need to start rotating players through for a rest now. Just after seeing Teague in the presser he looked tired and after hearing that they had to wait a while until they could get into their hotel I just get the fear that we really need to be focusing on rest now. The teams that can manage this the best are probably going to pick up that extra win or two which will make all the difference.
Where did they stay after flying from Brisbane. I thought they flew in straight after Saturday’s game.

Fair enough too. I’de back Teagues over my own opinion too (just a footy forum) that’s their job.

I’ve stated he’s easily best 22 but it sure as damn isn’t on his defensive efforts. It’s become a absolute liability. Personally I don’t agree with this “champion of the club” he “makes his own calls” stuff. He hasn’t done too badly out of the club either.

They are signing him up for another year for a reason. Again he’s easily best 22, can turn it on a hat..but the defensive efforts were put in the shed a while ago now. Essendon game in the last quarter was an outlier

I thought he was done at the end under bolton but had a great revival with Teague last season and a change of role. I was never a fan of his captaincy and some of his laziness in disposal - especially when he shows what he can do minutes before a pop chip hospital pass or a wormburner to a leading forward. He's pulled that in a fair bit with the new role too i reckon.

We can all remember his defence against essendon and the excellent block he did for Simpson against North because they just don't happen that often.

You watch the midfield 50/50s we have the younger bodies applying extreme pressure but if the ball gets to Murphy's opponent he goes the corral almost every time, often giving time for a clearance from the pack.

This may be direction, it may be an acknowledgement he can't stop a player 5 years younger and 20 kgs heavier or it may be his limitation.

At this stage though his other efforts are contributing more to the team than his defensive efforts are losing, hence the new contract.

It's Friday, the sun is shining (even if it's a little cold), Footy Mania has started and our game kicks off a double header tonight. With everything that's going on in Victoria and the world at the moment, it's good to have some positives.

Go Blues! Please keep the mood going, a kinda close game with a big last quarter would be great thanks. Please don't make this another game where we all need a cardiologist once it's over.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Excited to see how we go tonight in a game we really should win. Shame I won't be able to watch live, but will watch once the kids are asleep.
Thank goodness we only have one of these early timeslots over the next few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Blues! Please keep the mood going, a kinda close game a breakout smashing with a big last quarter would be great thanks. Please don't make this another game where we all need a cardiologist once it's over.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

EFA

I thought he was done at the end under bolton but had a great revival with Teague last season and a change of role. I was never a fan of his captaincy and some of his laziness in disposal - especially when he shows what he can do minutes before a pop chip hospital pass or a wormburner to a leading forward. He's pulled that in a fair bit with the new role too i reckon.

We can all remember his defence against essendon and the excellent block he did for Simpson against North because they just don't happen that often.

You watch the midfield 50/50s we have the younger bodies applying extreme pressure but if the ball gets to Murphy's opponent he goes the corral almost every time, often giving time for a clearance from the pack.

This may be direction, it may be an acknowledgement he can't stop a player 5 years younger and 20 kgs heavier or it may be his limitation.

At this stage though his other efforts are contributing more to the team than his defensive efforts are losing, hence the new contract.
And who knows what the alternative would be. Fisher who also struggles to stick a tackle, Stocker who may not even be able to make the contest because of fitness, LOB who is also not a hard nosed player and like Murphy very outside and hardly tackles.

Just on Moore, I would have absolutely dropped him but I also fully support giving a player a second opportunity.

If we’re considering playing Moore alongside H and Levi, we might as well play TDK. He’s clearly the superior back up ruckman (if Levi is still not fit enough to do that role). And TDK should provide a lot more troubles for the Hawks in the air. He’s also more involved when the ball is on the deck, despite his height. TDK is just better than Moore at the moment and he’s also the future.

I’ve really enjoyed Moore’s level of application since coming to the club. Has reportedly been great at training and quite a few BOG performances in the scratch matches but, after last week, he shouldn’t be playing over TDK if we go with 3 tall forwards.

Reckon Honey could be a smokey given Teague seemed to endorse Fish for the future more than the present in his presser.

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that TDK is "just better than Moore at the moment".

Especially given you go on to concede that Moore has been BOG in a number of reserves matches.

I'd rather Moore came out for TDK or Honey from a development perspective, but a sample size of one AFL game after a fair time away from the top level is a little premature to write him off entirely. Hopefully the nerves will be out of his system and he'll have been given some clear direction from the coaches as to what he needs to focus on.

Will be watching him with fresh eyes this week, hopefully he can turn it around. If not...well, two chances at the top level in a competitive season is generous.

I wish young Moore all the best and applaud the MC for sticking with him.

What we saw last week was surely first game nerves. He is better than that.
HE HAS TO BE!!

I would have thought TDK but it is a decision IMO that says a lot about DT.

He will back his players and persevere , encourage and support them.

Now it is up to Callum to step up and repay this faith.

A skinny young fella called Kade Simpson didn't get a touch in his first three games.... !

Defence has never been his game. I think he's been heaps better for us when moved out to the wing.

Overall - it's a good thing that at 32, he's not in our top half-dozen players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back