Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v Hawthorn Friday 31st July 5.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of rain in Perth this morning but seems to have cleared. Should be a great afternoon for footy over here in the wild west.

Blues by 17 points, Jack Martin BOG and crippa playing a bit more forward and kicks 3.
Good call! West Aussie boys to dominate. Don’t forget SPS 20+ possessions @90% DE

Not to mention the fact he is in the top 5 most weeks for distance covered and usually up there for speed in defensive running, defence isn’t only measured in tackles.

True..but this is BigFooty. So let's not let facts get in the way of a good story! 😆

Anything could happen here. I rewatched some of the NORF game and there's still some elements across all lines that need addressing. Must be kept in context though as the game was extremely scrappy particularly towards the end. Guys like setters and cunno were so important in clutch moments. In dry conditions (looking that way) they'll be invaluable.

My biggest worry is Clarko as a coach. He's a bit down at the moment but by no means out. I'm really interested to see how he deals with the Cripps situation. I think Crippas feathers can be ruffled to a degree and the fact that it's been in media will make it a hot spot to watch. I'm hoping the umps are all over this and it may be the game the where the umps are kind to us as a result.

SPS is due for some form I feel. Been a bit quiet. As with most players I reckon he's carrying something injury wise and it's perhaps hampering him slightly. Maybe just confidence. He's a game breaker and really due for big game.

Probably the biggest issue will be sore bodies following the NORF game. Last quarter was messy and players cracking in. Hoping a free flowing dry deck might be the tonic.

Oh and Jack Martin. He's radar was on the blink something chronic last week. I'm hoping he can get some clean ball and get back to slotting em.

go baggers.
Something that has flown under the radar a bit is Jack Martins radar, period, he has missed clutch goals late in tight goals in 3 games now from very gettable spots. Doesn't seem to like a set shot at all. Great on the move but from 20-30 out set shot has a few gremlins that need knocking on the head quick smart

As long as the umpires don't start pinging soft frees against Moore for body checks.

I'm really nervous about how this one is going to be officiated. Suuuurely with the talk in the media about how harshly Cripps has been treated, plus the umpire-bashing from Clarko, the folks in green will look on us a little more favourably. Could just as easily go the other way and they just start blowing the whistle for anything, in which case I worry that we'll be a bit less disciplined than the Hawks.
Yeah we really need to tidy up our giving away frees in our forward line, it is allowing teams an easy out from our press and is costing us dearly.

I do not just want to win, I want to totally flog these jerks into oblivion. Forget the 4 points for a second, I demand nothing less than a 10 goal demolition of these Turkeys 👍👍👍

Okay I Lied, as long as we win, I'm happy as Larry :)

I do not just want to win, I want to totally flog these jerks into oblivion. Forget the 4 points for a second, I demand nothing less than a 10 goal demolition of these Turkeys 👍👍👍

Okay I Lied, as long as we win, I'm happy as Larry :)
You’ll take the 3 point heart-stopping win and you’ll like it !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am nervous...excited to see the boys live but nervous about the result..play like we did against Port and North and we'll get it done simple as that...going with a Swanny, a Docker and a Sainter who are all going for Carlton so maybe there's my good luck charm...Go Blues

Teague’s game plan is really important against hawthorn. They thrive on clogging up play and creating slow ball movement. McEvoy camps himself back as the spare and intercept marks the high ball.

We must play a fast ‘run & gun’ game with slick ball movement. The three tall forwards need to use the open spaces to create separation and spread the opposition backmen.

We can win this comfortably if we play to our strengths. Need the boys to be brave and use the corridor.

NO, NO, NO! I don't want another close game that turns my stomach upside down.
I want to be 30 points up going into the last quarter.
And we kick the first couple in the last, so that we savour the joy of beating these arrogant *****.

Nothing wrong with having a sudden urge to do some dishes and 30 seconds left on the clock, while having a quick squint back at the game on the hall mirror.

We’ve all done it.

Some interesting stats in the article:

Harry to kick a bag? Yes please.
I see in that article that Frawley and Sicily are conceding 2 goals a game which is interesting.

As for Carlton here’s our defenders for anyone interested.

Doc 5 goals from 8 games
Willo 6 from 6
Simmo 7 from 8
Weiters 7 from 8
Plow 9 from 8
SPS 10 from 8
Jones 14 from 8

Total 58 from 8
Actual Goals conceded 79 from 8 so there’s an extra 21 conceded from miscellaneous.
So we are letting through on average 9.8 goals a game with the defence conceding 7.2 goals a game on average.

Nothing wrong with having a sudden urge to do some dishes and 30 seconds left on the clock, while having a quick squint back at the game on the hall mirror.

We’ve all done it.
I found I can turbo clean the house in 20 minutes

We’ve all done it.

Have to admit, I did go for a couple of brisk walks around the block during the fourth quarter of last week's game.

Those close call games don't help with my anxiety issues much. (Ironically I watched every minute of our game v Port from Go to Whoa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back