Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v Hawthorn Friday 31st July 5.40PM (AEST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
another MUST WIN game if we are going to keep contending.....

Come on Blue boys....bring last weeks first quarter efforts for the whole game tonight and all will be good...

Dochers, Crippa Martin all in our best I am tipping. Victory tonight and a BLOCKBUSTER V Weagles coming up!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!GO BLUES!!!

Danger game?

Once again start is important.Midfield needs to fire and backline needs to hold up you get the feeling they’ll be up for this game.Bolton will no doubt have a lot of inside knowledge as would Russel and Pitto for us but this is their best team for awhile.A win for us would be invaluable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon Sicily forward is a great option for us... he's not nearly as good a forward but he's a gun defender.

If Siciliy goes forward that leaves McEvoy, Frawley, Frost, Stratton, Hardwick, Scrimshaw and Impey... that's not a hugely 'exciting' group of defenders. Poor Impey & Scrimshaw will be responsible for all the ball movement coming out of defence.

If Sicily plays back (McEvoy and Ceglar rotating between ruck, forward and bench) then you've got to make sure Sicily has to be accountable, either forcing him to defend or going through the player who's left open as his defender has had to cover Sicily's man...

I reckon today is a game to get Cuningham right around the action. I want him running those exciting linking plays when we rebound/turnover, get the ball coming in low and fast, try and catch their dour defenders out. Also pressure the hell out of them... there's a few very suspect ball users in their back 6 that we might be able to capitalise on.
Also if Big Boy plays back, probably on Levi, he needs to get out on the lead not stand and try and wrestle, our mids can not kick it on his head they need to put it out in front so he can lead onto it, big boy can be ruthlessly exploited in this manner, you can bet they will stand Big Boy in the hot spot that we bomb to just waiting for it so we need to lower the eyes and use other targets.

Also need to look Inboard this week when going inside 50 as Kennedy is getting forward loose and not being used, same goes with Setters they need to scan the whole 50 before kicking, look to the fat side ffs.

Looking forward to seeing our WA connection give Dorks the business this week. Crippa, Jack and SPS in particular to have big ones in front of friends, family and a rabid WA Blues fan base. Sorry if I missed any WA players out there today.

No bombs into the forward line for Big Boy to chop out. Use superior speed and skill to enter 50, making their tall, slow backs into witches hats.

Foot on the throat early and often Baggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing our WA connection give Dorks the business this week. Crippa, Jack and SPS in particular to have big ones in front of friends, family and a rabid WA Blues fan base. Sorry if I missed any WA players out there today.

No bombs into the forward line for Big Boy to chop out. Use superior speed and skill to enter 50, making their tall, slow backs into witches hats.

Foot on the throat early and often Baggers.
I do not see any of Fisher, Dow, Stocker, Philp, Honey, Cottrell or O'Brien in our 22. Not sure we are any quicker than Hawks with the 22 we have. We can get a lot quicker if more of those become available and start to be picked instead of bias towards talls that seems to be a thing in selection meetings. Cuningham is one of the few in team that that brings the speed. Need more of it

Weird sports day, leg one comes through: Lakers beat the Clippers by 2 with LeBron hitting a strangeish game winning basket.

Leg two: Blues complete annihilation of Hawthorn. No close game heart ache required.

I do not see any of Fisher, Dow, Stocker, Philp, Honey, Cottrell or O'Brien in our 22. Not sure we are any quicker than Hawks with the 22 we have. We can get a lot quicker if more of those become available and start to be picked instead of bias towards talls that seems to be a thing in selection meetings. Cuningham is one of the few in team that that brings the speed. Need more of it
We are quicker in our forward line. FF, I am really happy with our selections this year. Teague is displaying loyalty to a group that is succeeding beyond the expectations of most judges. Sneaky chance of playing finals is the ultimate testament to this notion. Besides, I dont see any of those guys, as good as they are, beating the door down with the possible exception of Honey and TDK.

Totally agree. Martin is pretty handy for speed.
BTW - Stocker's not really quick.

Correct but we move the back quick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back