Game Day Rnd 9 - Carlton v Hawthorn Game Day Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslingr

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Umpire calls play on, Walsh stands still and gives him all the time in the world to kick the ball, while 2 Carlton players run past and leave him be.... aims up the night really. Abysmal.

Yeah the 2 carlton players running past but doing nothing is the bigger issue I reckon

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Of anything the problem is trying too hard.
Complete panic and desperation out there since midway through the second quarter. Have we once attempted to hit a target going inside 50? Nope, just panic, bang it long, hope.

Tackling pressure was great and has ended up just headless chooks, and the defence is in utter panic.

Ugghhh

Yep completely lost our composure and structure in a way we haven’t since at least round 2 in the first quarter.

Something we have to get better at. Unfortunately this side hasn’t been exposed to these scenarios very much.

So we have to figure out do we just want to be a middling team who can turn it on at times or do we want to work hard to be the best?

Ahuitzotl

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Amazing you get goals when play going your way.....8-0 in the first qtr when we dominated ....no one complaining

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
I call them as I see them. You think that was a free kick? You think that wasn't a throw? Fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion. So am I.

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
Ratts has the Saints nicely in the 8, we continue to show real promise, but lack consistency when it matters....(sadly) against the teams near the bottom. We have been experiencing the "green shoots" now for several seasons, but when will they really flower rather than tip their head to the sun and then go back into hibernation?

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
100% correct re setters. he plays scared. wont go for the ground ball if there is a pack and any risk of getting hurt

If we are writing off players based on today’s game you’d delist 15.

Setters has had a good month as many others have, wouldn’t be throwing baby out with bath water

J-dog

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
Well. Not that we were getting ahead of ourselves but a bit of a reality check all the same.
Hopefully the players get a bit of a sting from this game and use it as motivation to be smarter, work harder and be ruthless.
Haven't seen us do many of the one percenters in block and position and run in numbers. Hawks have been excellent all game. At least Moore has played fairly well.
Let's see what some of the kids can do when they come in again in 2 weeks time.

ETET

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Everyone knew he was going to be a 0, you cant come into a game with a known 0. If other players produce sh*t, welp a bit of bad luck, but there was no scope for him to do anything today and everyone knew it.
We lost this game around the ball and down back...and this players that had the ball making poor decisions with non composure. Moore is a bit player in any team he is is not the difference tonight it our senior players around the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back