Preview Rnd 9 - Carlton v Melbourne Sunday May 20th 1.10PM @ MCG - Team - post #1096

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the Demons have minimal injuries, but think we are right in this game.
We have a good record against them and if they have beaten us, it's been under 4 goals

Melbourne have those weird games where it seems that every player can be at 70% of their best in the one game.
If that day happens to be today, we'll have a shot at it and in particular if we bring what we we took to the game last week.
Double 'ifs' there, but shouldn't be out of the question.

Melbourne have those weird games where it seems that every player can be at 70% of their best in the one game.
If that day happens to be today, we'll have a shot at it and in particular if we bring what we we took to the game last week.
Double 'ifs' there, but shouldn't be out of the question.

Think we have shown in recent weeks, from the WC game, that we have tightened up on a few earlier concerns.

Better balance of of defensive/attacking structures, more intensity at the stoppages, although Ed is a big loss

Last edited:
Besides a good team effort, what I'd like to see today:

1. Garlett show some tricks and kick a couple of early goals.
2. SPS to lay ten hard tackles and look part of the team again.
3. Dow to finally crack the 20 possession barrier. He's due.
4. O'Brien to finally kick a goal. I like that he doesn't go to ground easily. I thought Dow would be the one, but O'Brien has shown to be surer so far.
5. Jones to go back to taking marks and not going for the punch at most times. He's very capable.
6. McKay kicking 5 would be something, but can't be too greedy, if all the others come through.

Ed is a loss, but offensively Murph is a huge gain. Looked refreshed and raring to go at yesterday’s session. Cripps, Fisher and Murphy in the engine room is a formidable trio.

Charlie out is a big loss, his 4 or 5 contested marks on the forward line will be missed.

Agree with Harks, would love to see SPS turn it on today. Some positive signs last week.

Besides a good team effort, what I'd like to see today:

1. Garlett show some tricks and kick a couple of early goals.
2. SPS to lay ten hard tackles and look part of the team again.
3. Dow to finally crack the 20 possession barrier. He's due.
4. O'Brien to finally kick a goal. I like that he doesn't go to ground easily. I thought Dow would be the one, but O'Brien has shown to be surer so far.
5. Jones to go back to taking marks and not going for the punch at most times. He's very capable.
6. McKay kicking 5 would be something, but can't be too greedy, if all the others come through.
If we get 3 out of the 6 mentioned I’d be rapt.

I know the Demons have minimal injuries, but think we are right in this game.

We have a good record against them and if they have beaten us, it's been under 4 goals
According to champion data it’s the best team they’ve put on the part since the recording of champion data started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back